Is This the TranZit of BO3 to You?

Greer

Is Shadows of Evil the TranZit of Black Ops 3, and would you go back and play it today?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Koslans said:

Navcards. And killing George, hahaha.

Low rounds are the best rounds for me as well btw. 

This map has more fun stuff to do than Tranzit, maybe.

I think I'm gonna play Tranzit this weekend. 

Killing George? What do you mean by that xD

I played TranZit the other day with randoms, they knew literally nothing. I had to do everything, and when they all downed at Farm whilst I was at Town, I made them watch me build the Jet Gun. Even I was bored by the end of building it xD

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Koslans said:

Killing George W. Romero in Call of the Dead takes about the same amount of effort as building the darn Jet Gun. 

Free perk? No, I'd rather not shoot at the director for five hours straight. 

Oh, I thought you meant it carried over games xD

15 hours ago, Greer said:

People play public...? If I have nobody to play with, I play solo xD        

I rarely play public matches but zombies tend to be a bit boring if you play solo :P Luckily I have someone to play with usually, but I really miss how easy it was to pick up almost any map and go public match in BO1... 

5 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

I rarely play public matches but zombies tend to be a bit boring if you play solo :P Luckily I have someone to play with usually, but I really miss how easy it was to pick up almost any map and go public match in BO1... 

Yeah, I haven't played public since BO1. Last time I did, someone did an out of map glitch with the Lander, the rest of us died and he was stuck under the map with no ammo -.-

40 minutes ago, Greer said:

Yeah, I haven't played public since BO1. Last time I did, someone did an out of map glitch with the Lander, the rest of us died and he was stuck under the map with no ammo -.-

I played public few times in BO2, but got bored since everyone seemed to just quit all the time -.- It was still playable though if no-one left... In BO3 I have played public only in The Giant and I think I tried once or twice in SOE... pretty much the maps require everyone to have a mic and know what you're supposed to do.

I hear that argument quite a lot.

Isn't it fun to do all the stuff on your own while reviving kids in open lobbies? 

I like running around with all kinds of gadgets like pap weapons and stuff while turning on the music for no reason. 

I think the game doesn't need teamwork or a mic (unless you're doing the Easter Egg in co-op I guess.....)

The thing with zombies is that it gets boring if everyone knows what to do and goes for the perfect set-up (again). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2016 at 9:19 AM, jiipee95 said:

I played public few times in BO2, but got bored since everyone seemed to just quit all the time -.- It was still playable though if no-one left... In BO3 I have played public only in The Giant and I think I tried once or twice in SOE... pretty much the maps require everyone to have a mic and know what you're supposed to do.

My BO3 random lobbies seem to go further with no mics. Though i have finally had a few decent miked random games.

It's like each player knows they are good enough to rock no mic, they have their big boy pants on and play well. That is on the best case scenario days, i do also get the useless kids with no mics as well. But i have been surprised by quite a few functional no mic lobbies.

• Administrators

People hate both maps because they are time consuming and ain’t nobody got time for that. On that same token people love Ascension and Der Eisendrache becaue they are easy. If you know how to make one bow or run in a circle you can easily run to round 50 with little to no experience. The other reason are minor inconveniences (or things that annoy the hell out of you) like PaP or denizens. Here is a list of some other annoying things:

• ·         Nova crawlers

• ·         Space Monkeys

• ·         George Romero

• ·         Lava/shrieker zombies

• ·         Cosmonaut

• ·         Elevators

• ·         Brutus

• ·         You could never die on Buried because it was so ridiculously easy

• ·         Robots

• ·         Thrashers

Otherwise pretty much evvvvery map

These are not called out because there are no other challenges on the map. I applaud treyarch for making games catered to our community and making things more interesting. I for one have no interest in running around a launch pad for 5 hours only to die from the game crashing.

4 hours ago, Boom said:

Here is a list of some other annoying things:

• ·         Nova crawlers

• ·         Space Monkeys

• ·         George Romero

• ·         Lava/shrieker zombies

• ·         Cosmonaut

• ·         Elevators

• ·         Brutus

• ·         You could never die on Buried because it was so ridiculously easy

• ·         Robots

• ·         Thrashers

that list of annoying things I mostly agree with but to be honest... Lava and Shrieker zombies don't annoy me at all for some reason. Also the cosmonaut didn't bother me that much back in BO1... Brutus is annoying only if he locks things up in early rounds (when you still have to buy things). In Buried I found the witches more annoying than the easiness of the map. And Origins robots definitely annoying but mostly because they ruin those soul boxes...

The maps would be boring without the extra enemies though. 

lol, for the elevators, great enemy, hahaha. 

Of the ones listed above, the Trasher takes the cake. 

Or George..., no the Trasher.

Why do y'all think buried is so easy, of all three maps with a bank (which you can't use offline), 

I found Buried to be tougher than Tranzit or Die Rise....?

1 hour ago, Koslans said:

The maps would be boring without the extra enemies though. 

lol, for the elevators, great enemy, hahaha. 

Of the ones listed above, the Trasher takes the cake. 

Or George..., no the Trasher.

Why do y'all think buried is so easy, of all three maps with a bank (which you can't use offline), 

I found Buried to be tougher than Tranzit or Die Rise....?

Die Rise is pretty easy if you camp with the sliquifier... Really easy and the jumping jacks give you max ammo every 5 rounds (or something like that) plus max ammos that spawn in from normal zombies... So you really won't be running out of ammo easily. The thing that makes Die Rise a bit hard is that you can fall out of the map if you're not careful.

Tranzit on the other hand is harder map because moving around the map is made difficult, the wonder weapon isn't that great and something like activating the pack-a-punch room is a bit hard.

Buried is easier than those two because it has the giant who helps you (you can "nail" the box where ever you want for the rest of the game, he builds the buildables for you, etc..) the wonder weapons has unlimited ammo, though it can overheat but if used correctly and with Vulture Aid you can camp pretty easily with it.

All of these maps can be easy if you think about setting up because of the bank and weapon locker... You can get everything on round 1 if you want. After setting up I still think Tranzit is the hardest one because it doesn't have a great camping weapon like Die Rise and Buried does, also the lava mixes things up a bit and makes you take damage easily and the zombies explode...

5 minutes ago, anonymous said:

The elevators in Die Rise were something great IMO. Just like the bus in TranZit, it is one of the things that make a map really unique

The elevators make the map unique yes. But it was really REALLY annoying to have to wait for minutes to buy perks, pack-a-punch or to go to the roof... Really not how it was supposed to be I think... There should have been a way to call the elevator instantly (other than the key) to make the game go a bit faster.

Also the bus in Tranzit... I like the idea a lot. But there should have been something how you control it's movement (idk make it cost a few hundred points to move to the next location or something) Also at least on ps3 the game lagged like hell if 4 players were on the bus on a higher round :D

Many of the things I dislike in BO2 zombies actually sound pretty cool when you first think about it, but they could have been made a bit better :/

I never have to wait for any elevators really. In a one-hour game to round 30, I wait for one, maybe two minutes in total or something. 

The waiting part is hugely exaggerated by most. If you can't get up from power right away, you can build the sliquifier. 

At any other point, you can slay zombies on the roof and you can see and hear the elevators when you perk up some more. Or you can run trains by the hole in the ground and you fling yourself across when the perk is down in the other building. There are so many ways of reaching the elevators and so many routes to take. As a survival map, I really like it. Think fast and act accordingly. 

And if you miss the bus, you either wait or go by foot, just like real life, hahaha. 

I really love the bus. I like it more than the trains in Shadows, which are fine, but you don't really use them. 

I think the unpredictable aspect of the bus makes Tranzit super fun to play with friend and foe.

• 3 weeks later...

Well that is all way too much for me to read. 

But imo people have to enjoy it if there are always the most amount of people playing it everyday. almost 10-15% more people play SOE then they do any other map. 20% more people the ZBS most of the time.

23 minutes ago, Lauren said:

But imo people have to enjoy it if there are always the most amount of people playing it everyday. almost 10-15% more people play SOE then they do any other map. 20% more people the ZBS most of the time.

It's because it's the default map of the game. People who haven't bought any dlc is going to play SOE if they want to play zombies. 

27 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

It's because it's the default map of the game. People who haven't bought any dlc is going to play SOE if they want to play zombies. 

yea I guess that is very true. I haven't thought about it that way.

On 7/6/2016 at 3:29 PM, Lauren said:

There are a lot of people that don't buy the DLC 

I love both Tranzit and SOE. Shadows is fun and unique and has lots of replayability and things to do in the later rounds making it fun solo or Co-op. Tranzit had the bus which allowed for some great fun on co-op with friends, and while the jet gun was terrible it made the later rounds more difficult and with friends a really fun map to play, but it lacks the fun for solo sadly. Still I think both maps are excellent and fun maps, which is one of the most important things for me

I personally believe that SOE might be my 2nd favorite map so far in BOIII (DE is amazing though; also have not played Gorod Krovi yet). It managed to begin the story arc of BOIII very well, while introducing new aspects in story and gameplay. Not to mention, the map is brimming with so much activity.

Whereas, TranZit...

...why... 

The only good thing about that map was the Avogadro, really. Otherwise, it's a god-awful map in comparison.

Archived