ZNS Radios, Quotes, Ciphers, Scraps, etc.

Tac

• Administrators

Hey guys, Tac here! Zetsubou No Shima is upon us and even now, before the map has launched officially, there is a cipher solved. As more and more rolls outs, like radios, more ciphers, and eventually the quotes, I'll throw them all in here. Please note that this thread will be under constant construction, so be patient if something isn't fixed immediately as it likely will soon. Also note that this thread is a small portion of my much larger transcripts thread, which can be found here.

Opening Cinematic

Spoiler

*Special thanks to @DragonGJY for his translation of the prologue, as the Japanese Officer is actually speaking Japanese in the video*

Japanese Officer: Bring those stowaways to the deck!
*Takeo is punched in the face by the officer, who then holds a katana to him*
Japanese Officer: You shameless rat! You dare betray Japan and the Emperor himself?!
Tank Dempsey: Take it easy, Tak.
*Japanese Officer holds up the Summoning Key*
Japanese Officer: How did you all manage to recover this lost artifact?
Dr. Edward Richtofen: I'm sorry, I don't speak Japanese.
Japanese Officer: Are none of you going to answer me?
Tank Dempsey: The object in your hand, it's gonna bring you nothing but pain. Believe me, I know!
Japanese Officer: Throw these useless rats into the ocean!
Takeo Masaki: I am an envoy of the Emperor himself!
*A large wave hits the boat, knocking over the Japanese Officer and his crew*
*All-out slaughter-fest commences*
Takeo Masaki: I am no traitor!
*Summoning Key begins rolling towards the edge of the boat*
Dr. Edward Richtofen: No no no!
*Takeo catches the Key shortly after it goes over the edge*
Tank Dempsey: That was close!
Dr. Edward Richtofen: Yes, a little too close!
*Nikolai sees a fire that will shortly cause the boat to explode*
Nikolai Belinski: We must go, now!
*They all jump off the boat, grab a piece of boat remains, and swim to a nearby island*

Trailer

Spoiler

COMING SOON

Ending Cutscene

Spoiler

*Origins Takeo walks up to cell holding Takeo 1.0*
Takeo 1.0: Your eyes... I recognize them. Almost as if they were my own.
*Origins Takeo opens cell door and walks in*
Origins Takeo: Takeo Masaki. I did not believe I would find you in such a place.
*Origins Takeo sits down next to Takeo 1.0*
Takeo 1.0: I was a warrior.. I fought many great battles, for the glory of our nation. For the honor of the dying samurai spirit.
*Origins ending cutscene music begins playing*
Takeo 1.0: I was... a hero. 
Origins Takeo: I... share, this memory. I have lived many of the same victories.
Takeo 1.0: I later learned that my victories were... unwelcome.
*Takeo 1.0 stands up in anger*
Takeo 1.0: His betrayal was driven by petty jealousy. He knew I couldn't do anything.
*Takeo 1.0 walks out of cell and towards Nikolai, Richtofen, and Dempsey*
Takeo 1.0: But I fear not even my own death.
Origins Takeo: Punishment is one thing, this is... cruelty. Who could be so evil as to desire another soul to endure such suffering. Who amongst us could be so dishonorable?
Takeo 1.0: Are you so blinded by your own loyalty? Your orders came from the Emperor himself.
*Origins Takeo goes into a haze of confusion and disbelief*
Origins Takeo: My life... my path... is built upon a lie. This realm may have been corrupted and consumed by evil, but we possess the power to change things.
*Origins Takeo pulls out his katana*
Origins Takeo: A better tomorrow is only possible if we blow away the ashes of the past.
Takeo 1.0: None of us choose the means by which mercy will find us... But I am at peace. I understand what must be done. Will you be my kaishakunin?
Origins Takeo: It is my honor.
*Takeo 1.0 gets on his knees and draws his sword, while Origins Takeo (behind Takeo 1.0) raises his sword. Takeo 1.0 puts his sword through his abdomen and Origins Takeo cut into his neck*
*The Summoning Key absorbs the life matter of Takeo 1.0*
Tank Dempsey: Three down, one to go. Guess that's you next Nikolai.
Dr. Edward Richtofen: Nein, there is something else we must do. There is a chain of events that must be set in motion.
*Animation of going through a Rift portal*
*Exit Rift in Zetsubou no Shima*
Tank Dempsey: Ok, gotta admit, I didn't see that one coming.
Dr. Edward Richtofen: Call it.. our insurance policy. In case we don't like where we end up.

Radios

Spoiler

Dr. Maxis: Reality itself is shifting… I find myself reflecting on memories I am no longer sure are my own. Beyond the window, I saw a wasteland stretching as far as the eye could see. I saw a scourge visited upon the Earth. I saw the children… withered before my eyes. That was before… before he came. Samantha has been returned to me once more, as have you Edward… as have you.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dr. Maxis: He explained everything to me, he will explain everything to you. Though his very presence defied logic, defied reason, he told me that he would help. I could not refuse.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dr. Maxis: The siren has not sounded in many months. I am... confused, by the changing world around. I look at my hands, and they are not the hands I remember. The wrinkles, stains, and liver spots that textured my skin have disappeared, as though time itself was unraveling against its natural order. Is this the end, or a new beginning?

Dr Maxis: After so long in isolation, we have begun to believe that we were the only survivors of the catastrophic event that had shaped our lives. Supplies were beginning to run low, and I was forced to prepare for the worst outcome. Just as I feared we were truly alone, just as a feared that the end was near, there was a knock at the door.

Dr. Maxis: You swore a promise to me, Edward. It may have been a long time ago, but I am sure you would not have forgotten. You swore to follow my instructions, to comply with my every order. You swore to enact whatever plan I conveyed to you, all in the hope that we could overcome some of the chaos that we ourselves have created. You have kept your word. However much it pains my heart, I owe it to you ton confess. I'm sorry Edward, I have withheld certain truths from you.

Codes/Ciphers

Spoiler

zwdBKqS.jpg?1

A DECODER LIST!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

4w6KGWd.png?1

Code type: Cipher (Base64)
Solved: by @certainpersonio, link here

Entry 58: We have been having power fluctuations for the past couple of days.
Consequently, we have had to rely more and more on the backup generators.
It's strange, ever since we have been having issues with the power, people are reporting hearing voices coming from the walls.
They say they can hear quiet sobbing from a boy and a girl, as well as, a man shouting for children to close the windows.
I have not heard the voices, but I admit something feels different about this place.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

epWVgIA.png?1

Code type: Cipher (T-9)
Solved: by @Doppelgänger
, link here

Of the four test subjects highlighted in Report 44, one of the brothers has died before we could reach him in the battle. The other is still at large in the city.

*was the final of three steps in the crossword puzzle; note that punctuation was added*
2BcQLF3.png?1

Code type: Crossword puzzle
Solved: by @WaterKH, link here

Urgent Telegram. We have just received word that the private plane carrying the expedition crew encountered freak atmospheric event which caused it to crash, killing all on board including the famous explorers Brock and Gary. This comes weeks after owner announcement fight about the location of Shangri-La.

wrEF06a.jpg?1

Code type: Cipher (Vigenere)
Solved: by @Nieno69, link here

My name is my name. My name? Oh, yes, it is Gersh. How long have l been floating? Minutes? Years? Where is now? I guess I can forgive Yuri. I quite like my new form. Hmmm, where am I now. A city on fire by a river. I know this place. Finally, I am home.

197ucSP.jpg?1

Code type: Modified Binary

Entry 56: Just finished a very long shift. We were awaiting the test subjects arrival from the castle but they never showed. Those group 935 pigs didnt even bother to radio the asylum to let us know they were not coming. I am getting sick of those arrogant scientists. They have given the asylum the nickname Verruckt Asylum. I loathe it. We are as every bit as important to the completion of project as they are.

l7DbN3d.jpg?1

Code type: Cipher (Vigenere)
Solved: by @certainpersonio, link here

Comrade. I hope these schematics reach you in time so our scientists can make use of them, for I know the western front is on the brink of collapse. these schematics I have stolen from group 935 will enable us to construct our own wonder weapons which will help us turn the tide of the war and give us victory over the German pigs. I fear, however, I will not live to see this. —V

vSKqf32.jpg?1

Code type: Cipher (Modified Columnar Transposition)
Solved: by @certainpersonio, link here

Richtofen must understand that using these teleporters to jump between dimensions is both dangerous and imprecise. At any point, the fabric of space-time could collapse if the proper amounts of 115 are not maintained. l am also concerned about the unknown effects of trans-dimensional jumps. l have noticed even with my brief travels that new memories and emotions have flooded my mind, suddenly appearing from nowhere. l am also sure something is happening on a molecular level as well.

iwtPNfk.png

Code type: Cipher (Letter Numbers)
Solved: by @Lizizadolphin, link here

EDWARD AS YOU KNOW IT IS IMPERATIVE YOU AND THE GROUP FIND THE EXACT VERSIONS OF YOURSELVES THAT I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED IN EACH UNIVERSE ONLY BY KILLING THAT VERSION OF YOURSELF IN THAT PARTICULAR UNIVERSE AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT IN TIME WILL WE BE SUCCESSFUL ONCE EACH OF YOUR OTHER SELVES ARE KILLED ACROSS ALL UNIVERSES REMEMBER WE ARE ONLY IMMUNE BECAUSE WE OPENED THE PORTAL IN FRANCE BUT I AM AFRAID THIS MIGHT NOT BE PERMANENT I FEAR THERE IS SOMETHING M ISN T TELLING ME AND THAT THERE IS NOT MUCH TIME LEFT FOR US

Plane Cipher

Code type: Cipher (Cryptogram)
Solved: by @Lizizadolphin, link here

I shut down the power for the night. we must conserve the gasoline, so i am told, because the Emperor is in doubt of the usefulness of our research here at the Rising run Facility, and that resupplying the facility will now occur every other month rather than our usually scheduled weekly drops. Hopefully, the new meteor site produces higher grade samples, ones we can actually use. Wait is that a plane I hear. The resupply is not scheduled for another week. I see a bright light in the sky...

Hexidecimal Cipher

Code type: Hexidecimal
Solved: by @Kalinine, link here

SOPHIA- Cyclic reduncy check = FAIL

qz7W68w.jpg?2

Code type: Translation (Japanese)
Solved: by /r/translator, link here

Although we have tried to eliminate him making it seem as if he were killed in an accident, he has managed to escape every time by some miracle.

The fact that he is regarded as a hero by the commoners is unbearable, and it shall eventually led to the existence of myself being questioned.

He taints the commoner’s belief in myself, I who should be held in the highest regard by them. But it is no longer necessary for me to bear this suffering any longer.

I have given the order to the operatives in the 9th Division.

They must not let Takeo Masaki leave the island alive.

k29gmuo.jpg?1

f wexaieelscar hodu inm ev eefrenrmv la eeitgaeeotet peveal otss
bgteatorstpmse tn atdeeenafmh me xlhhcse se yca hrencar
buueeeeaeatsey e ia neaeamttum detht fxlr hshsaa t
lacneslfhpehisoeijetheaet pt tihildsmonndh ittalewscnvo evcs or t etdlauerde
trne ba i dirte ataitifher inmct ua eertltetansponshu t moik lttg hnpqpnav
aesannoi ip re ta satohseuaorepecush sosooegnesebwsls more
roncorlhhjewortr snnr cnd ae ew tyeoyi pfiw e fuefw iopie osbugilcn ru cle e
teig or ilnumt rloasardhnynl

Code type: Rail Fence Cipher
Solved: by @DCRevolutionGaming, link here

division nine project d update to group nine three five the specimens have been manufactured to be asexual we felt it was best to remove the primal urges of the sexes as this will make them far easier to control that being said they are still extremely dangerous you must have the mechanical control collars and proper frequencies set and applied when the specimens reach the juvenile stage after seeing what they are capable of your stalemate on the eastern front with the russians will soon come to an end

Code type: Keyed Vigenere Cipher

While the loss of the Rising Sun Facility was unfortunate, the Emperor was so impressed with our final results that he has approved the construction of the new Division 9 facility on the island we selected. He assured me personally that he will spare no expense in advancing our research. You and I both know that what we accomplish at this new facility will win the war for Japan.

Scraps

Spoiler

*for the sake of having a lot of valuable EE information in this thread, I provide the scrap images below, but @DragonGJY has a dedicated scraps thread here*

BQkF5Zx.jpg

Assembled: by @Draz, link here
Meaning: currently unknown

• Like 16
6 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Awesome cipher, but how is it already decoded? Did the map drop at midnight for PS4?

Actually i am truly disappointed how many youtuber could played it before it starts... e.g. noah

They tropped gameplay yesterday and i am pretty sure there will be guides very early...

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Awesome cipher, but how is it already decoded? Did the map drop at midnight for PS4?

When the YouTubers were allowed to post limited content, MCSportzHawk found the two computer monitor ciphers and Noah found that last one underwater. 

Well kudos to @certainpersonio for already solving one! And it's fairly juicy as well. I'm on Xbox One, so I've got a while longer to wait and play. But I am way to into the story to ignore it during that time. I will still absolutely be playing it, but in the meantime I will be glued to content to help contribute in what ways I can towards the story.  And seriously, Norse mythology, paganism and Lovecraft are all in my wheelhouse, having studied a lot of this in college. So don't hesitate to ask any questions in these regards. Ready to help!

• Like 2
  • Administrators
14 minutes ago, Tac said:

When the YouTubers were allowed to post limited content, MCSportzHawk found the two computer monitor ciphers and Noah found that last one underwater. 

Okay, then yes, I'm disappointed by this. It's really unfair. I mean, I understand the PS4 exclusivity, even if, as an XBox guy, I lose out. But that is SO unfair to the PS4 folks. 

10 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Okay, then yes, I'm disappointed by this. It's really unfair. I mean, I understand the PS4 exclusivity, even if, as an XBox guy, I lose out. But that is SO unfair to the PS4 folks. 

Xbox solidarity! I'm definitely not looking forward to Noah streaming "IT'S LIT, APOTHICAN SERVANT UPGRADE IN ZNS!!!!!!????!?????????!??DAB DAB DAB" videos, that's for sure. Already hating how smug he's been about being the only person in the world to complete the KT-4. Happy for the work he does for the community, but damn could he ever dial some of it back. 

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, tEfugleskremmel said:

Xbox solidarity! I'm definitely not looking forward to Noah streaming "IT'S LIT, APOTHICAN SERVANT UPGRADE IN ZNS!!!!!!????!?????????!??DAB DAB DAB" videos, that's for sure. Already hating how smug he's been about being the only person in the world to complete the KT-4. Happy for the work he does for the community, but damn could he ever dial some of it back. 

Yes sir! 

I agree, though. And while I don't have an issue with some folks getting some exclusive access (Milo, Spider, namely) this YouTuber favoritism is going too far. And I get what you're saying about Noah - sad but true. Like, c'mon, man, you've made the big time. Don't pull a Dalek and compromise your reputation. 

@NaBrZHunter especially when so many of us who aren't youtubers, ie: me haha. Who are doing so much of the leg work lore wise. Spider was actually the first zombies guy I ever watched. And you better believe I'm looking forward to Milo jumping in on the ciphers, radios and lore. Same with Personio and Nieno, excellent code breakers. Again though, us Xbox lore/theory guys will have to come together and share as much as we see over the next month to keep up haha. 

That was my half assed attempt to steer us away from a "fucking youtubers" Reddit-esque thread. I think I nailed it ??! Back on track!

Edited by tEfugleskremmel
Spelling/grammar
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Kalinine said:

Hi everyone!

The third cipher in better quality1461056651-call-of-duty-r-black-ops-iii-

And another one! (can't find a better view :( )

1461056661-call-of-duty-r-black-ops-iii-

First piece of the new scrap paper

1461056661-call-of-duty-r-black-ops-iii-

The long cipher looks like baconian (only upper case letters or only lower case) will try it tonight

Edited by Nieno69
22 minutes ago, Kalinine said:

New cipher in the Bunker

1461060269-call-of-duty-r-black-ops-iii-

Transcript: 

Mq pezw qg zy fcqr. Eg bnmw? Ql, lwa, wg ik liekp. Vbw dqrt zijr l tgia xtcntapk? Zavigek? Ainja? Kuejg mf fwk? V gmgwf A koa fgtkvnm Mhra. K uhabs yicg ql fmk sojo. Lzeu, kuejg ez A vcj. A ukxl gv tvrw dc n jqjrr. A mrbo bvvs hnepw. Nwaadnc, V su vbmw.

26 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Transcript: 

Mq pezw qg zy fcqr. Eg bnmw? Ql, lwa, wg ik liekp. Vbw dqrt zijr l tgia xtcntapk? Zavigek? Ainja? Kuejg mf fwk? V gmgwf A koa fgtkvnm Mhra. K uhabs yicg ql fmk sojo. Lzeu, kuejg ez A vcj. A ukxl gv tvrw dc n jqjrr. A mrbo bvvs hnepw. Nwaadnc, V su vbmw.

Solution code ascension

Vigenere - i solved it with word attack...

My name is my name. My name? Oh, yes, it is jersh. How long have l been floating? Minutes? Years? Where is now? I guess I can forgive Yuri. I quite like my new form. Hmmm, where am I now. A city on fire by a river. I know this place. Finally, I am home

Edited by Nieno69
  • Like 6
12 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

Solution code ascension

Vigenere - i solved it with word attack...

My name is my name. My name? Oh, yes, it is jersh. How long have l been floating? Minutes? Years? Where is now? I guess I can forgive Yuri. I quite like my new form. Hmmm, where am I now. A city on fire by a river. I know this place. Finally, I am home

Ah damn, beat me to it! Great job though.

• Like 1