Zetsubou No Shima Highest Round?!

Tac

• Administrators

The new map is finally out, after a long time waiting! As always, we like to ask how far you've gotten on the map and watch the progression in numbers as time goes on. Plus, sometimes, it's just fun to gloat. :tounge_wink: So, what's the highest round you guys have gotten to?

Solo: 48 - did the EE and continued playing with free perkaholic :D  
2 players: 40 - this was early on the second day with my buddy and we didn't quite know how to do EE, we tried though so ended up on a pretty high round
3 players: 29 - did the EE again but only played for a while because host was lagging
4 players: 22 - we keep getting disconnected with four players so a meh record

https://www.twitch.tv/m0ki3/v/62236740
We got to 46 is our first real easter egg attempt after completing it we used this strategy and even being a player down(afk off and on) it worked like a charm, happy with the fact everyone was placed in the top 200 on the leaderboards for 4 player ZNS so that's really neat too,
apparently alot of glitchers haven't fucked it up for everyone yet....but yeah, i like it fun map and the KT4 isn't OP it's just fun in a old school sliquifier kind of way....the skull on the otherhand, woooweee good stuff :)

32 on my solo first attempt though, think it'll be alot easier if i actually tried...but again not bad for my first real attempt (let a spider web the door by A, and camp outside the bunker, web blocks alot of zombies and helps control spawn makes it alot better)

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot (2).jpg

Round 93 solo. This was before patch when the Skull of Sapwe didn't cost so much ammo to kill a zombie so it made it easy to get to high rounds. The strategy I used is pretty hard but zombies spawn in fast.

In the picture I am near the area in between the Spawn and the Skull ritual location. Basically in the area of the picture, I kept the barricade that leads to Generator B closed and did not buy it. Then I got the spiders to close off the skull ritual area with their webs. In the picture where the red arrows are pointing is where zombies spawn. Then behind me in the picture is where spiders spawn (Near the perk machine).Screenshot (1).jpg

Now basically I just trained the zombies in a circle and sometimes do the 'banana' motion or the 'c' motion. As you can see I used Dead Wire and you can just shoot the crowd of zombies that you make and electrocute them then just shoot a Masamune bullet on the ground and lead the zombies into it to finish off the rest of the crowd. Then of course use the Skull of Nan Sapwe when you get stuck in a corner or if a Thrasher is coming after you. Also a helpful tip is to keep an attack plant in the seed plant location that is across from the perk machine so it can distract some zombies for you and take care of some zombies. Also make sure to have a clone plant :)

NOTE: This was BEFORE some of the major patches that nerfed the Skull of Nan Sapwe so be aware of that. Also there might have been some other patches that could of affected this strategy.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Had my first solo game in this today and got to round 50 before quitting. Far too easy to get to high rounds on this what with the cloning plants, just spend a lot of the early rounds planting them all over the place and you can go down so many times and still keep going, and eliminates the chance of those moments when you get up and then get downed again trying to get your perks. Running in the cocoons room in the bunker is so easy as well. Might go for a 100 on this but it just doesn't seem like a challenge tbh.

Im finding this map to be a challenge. Ive been running solo and just making it in the teens. Everytime I turn on the main power and start collecting gas mask parts, shield parts and running the rituals I get downed by multiple thrashers. Majority of the time its 2 thrashers. I think im just handling them wrong. I shoot its spores and run back a little, shoot again but it keeps consuming zombies and I get cornered, bam its done. I havent even gone through underwater caverns yet, I reached the ritual area down by the water cavern but while doing the ritual two thrashers popped in and ruined my game. =(  

Any advice on these creatures to take them down quick so I can progress and actually get the WW's?

15 hours ago, Drewxke said:

Any advice on these creatures to take them down quick so I can progress and actually get the WW's?

Aside form the obvious: Get a good gun and even pack a punch it.

Marshals aren't so bad, and what was good on the last maps will be efficient as well. 

Now for the main tip: If you get Trashers to spawn on you because you're doing the Nan Sapwe rituals, don't shoot them.

The will vanish after the ritual is complete. Also, leaving one zombie alive helps, as the ritual ones don't come after you. 

All things aside, this is the hardest map in the lot so far. So, yeah....

Played about 6-7 games, my best is 24 or something. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Drewxke said:

Im finding this map to be a challenge. Ive been running solo and just making it in the teens. Everytime I turn on the main power and start collecting gas mask parts, shield parts and running the rituals I get downed by multiple thrashers. Majority of the time its 2 thrashers. I think im just handling them wrong. I shoot its spores and run back a little, shoot again but it keeps consuming zombies and I get cornered, bam its done. I havent even gone through underwater caverns yet, I reached the ritual area down by the water cavern but while doing the ritual two thrashers popped in and ruined my game. =(  

PAP the Dingo it mashes up the Thrashers so easy, It even kills the Spider boss with ease, I normally run this map Solo with the Dingo, KN-44 and ICR-1 all PAP'd then use the Holding Plants until I get the Skull.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Koslans said:

Aside form the obvious: Get a good gun and even pack a punch it.

Marshals aren't so bad, and what was good on the last maps will be efficient as well. 

Now for the main tip: If you get Trashers to spawn on you because you're doing the Nan Sapwe rituals, don't shoot them.

The will vanish after the ritual is complete. Also, leaving one zombie alive helps, as the ritual ones don't come after you. 

All things aside, this is the hardest map in the lot so far. So, yeah....

Played about 6-7 games, my best is 24 or something. 

I find this map easier than Der Eisendrache, That map has my life :(

DE atleast for high rounds has been a breeze with the upgraded lightning bow just because its so easy to get the bow and upgrade at early rounds, max your points and pap your weapons and the Ragnarok DG-2 at your side all pretty early rounds. It just sets the player up at a good time before things get too hectic. ZNS is more tight around the corners, thrashers popping up, no WW's until later in the rounds, Etc. It's just a more difficult map to setup but the challenge of the setup is all  positive, makes me eager to get back in and get it all done.  

2 hours ago, Drewxke said:

DE atleast for high rounds has been a breeze with the upgraded lightning bow just because its so easy to get the bow and upgrade at early rounds, max your points and pap your weapons and the Ragnarok DG-2 at your side all pretty early rounds. It just sets the player up at a good time before things get too hectic. ZNS is more tight around the corners, thrashers popping up, no WW's until later in the rounds, Etc. It's just a more difficult map to setup but the challenge of the setup is all  positive, makes me eager to get back in and get it all done.  

Yeah I use the Lightning Bow and Ragnarok DG-2 but I always make stupid mistakes what cost me a easy game.

• Like 1

I'm the type of guy to have a wonder weapon in my pocket, trying to move my way around the zombies and getting myself killed without even trying to shoot them. 

I might as well not have one, lel. 

What are your best rounds comparing the maps with each other by the way?