Opinions of Zombie multiplayer maps?

Ok picture this: 

The giant as a multiplayer map. 

All the doors are open, and the teleporters and traps are free-to-use, and everyone is running around shooting the F*** out of each other. (obviously out of bounds things are in order). Perks and the box are disabled of course. 

Then picture this: 
Der Eisendrache as a MP map: 

The way down to the rocket pad is sealed off, but most other places are free to fight in. Between the low-gravity infinite wall-runs, the wonderspheres, and the traps in the map, I'd think this be an amazing place to duke it out. 

Thoughts? 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

If we did somehow, it didn't include key elements of the map like traps and teleporters.

No, it was what Der Riese was made from.

20 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

Interesting idea... especially how the use of teleporters and traps would work in multiplayer. I think DE would suite multiplayer better than The Giant though. Giant is such a small map and it's structure is a bit wrong to work as a multiplayer map. 

Well SOE is much too big on the other hand.... I believe... Hold on let me find some maps...

Edit: 

Ok... Upon further inspection, yeah. SOE could be a MP map. It's actually not that big compared to maps like splash. Or at least in terms of accessible area.

• Administrators

I've been pushing for this (in my head, at least) for a while and would love to see it happen. Personally, I think it would be a cool bonus DLC to have the four DLC zombies maps converted to multiplayer. I have a bad feeling that maps similar to Shadows and Der Eisendrache could be a little campy though, because there's lots of twists and turns and odd cubbies. If that could be worked out somehow, I'd be even more in love with this idea.

8 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

1. No. Exclusivity of Zombies would be completely annihilated. Keep the modes separate. They always have been and always should be.

2. they would not be fun to play. Tac addressed this.

You know that Verruct, Nacht, and Der reise are based on MP maps right? And Campaign maps? Nacht is Airfield, Verruct is Asylum, and Der Reise is Night fire. So... They've always been in the same boat...

And who are you to judge if they're fun to play or not? I'd personally think it'd be great to Ruin-smash someone after being flung by a wondersphere. 

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

You know that Verruct, Nacht, and Der reise are based on MP maps right? And Campaign maps? Nacht is Airfield, Verruct is Asylum, and Der Reise is Night fire. So... They've always been in the same boat...

And who are you to judge if they're fun to play or not? I'd personally think it'd be great to Ruin-smash someone after being flung by a wondersphere. 

They were not replicas of those maps, just based off them. I played WAW MP. They were modified for Zombies. 

I am a CoD player, that's who I am. Good luck getting anyone out of the clock tower, the Mule Kick room, the rocket area, etc. locking the area down completely would be as simple as dropping C4 and trip mines in the teleporter and landing pad and settling in. 

But I won't argue any further. Point is, modifications would need to be made. And regardless of if Zombies maps have related to MP maps in the past, they weren't the same places.