What is with the Rockets?

Eagle's Nest has so many Rockets around it. We know there are two computer terminals we can access, one at a Rocket Test (so that could be the specific control for that) and then one up near the Bastion, which ends up launching all the Rockets to the Moon. This obviously controls the Rocket's coordinates. So where were they meant to go and what was their purpose?

There is an Armillary sphere in the Church, which even has a rocket on it, so could that have been used to coordinate the rockets? I am so confused as to what they were used for.

Also, could the rockets be for Operation Shield?

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Operation sheild I believe was richtofen's plan to enter the MPD. Or is it the plan to kill maxis? Either way it doesn't need rockets so that's not it. 

Killing Maxis and Sam was Protocol 935. There is also no proof the rockets were needed to initiate Operation Shield, he could have failed it in the other timeline too as Groph confirms its failure in this one. He also is meant to initiate Operation Shield before meeting Groph on the Moon to enter the MPD, so it is not that either.

51 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Killing Maxis and Sam was Protocol 935. There is also no proof the rockets were needed to initiate Operation Shield, he could have failed it in the other timeline too as Groph confirms its failure in this one. He also is meant to initiate Operation Shield before meeting Groph on the Moon to enter the MPD, so it is not that either.

4 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Also, could the rockets be for Operation Shield?

I'm confused.... 

48 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I'm confused.... 

About what? Everything I said made sense, I asked if the rockets were for Operation Shield. It was not for the MPD or Protocol 935.

26 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

The " There is also no proof the rockets were needed to initiate Operation Shield " part.

Not the rockets sorry, the MPD.

1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

What is interesting to note is that they were all primed for launch. It wasn't as if Group 935 were stockpiling them on the side "just incase". They must have had some plan that involved them being launched. 

I'd say likely as a fail safe for if the MPD didn't, or what was inside it, "cooperate". And given that Group 935 knows of the Keepers, it stands to reason that they also have knowledge of the Apothicans. So it is also possibly in defense from them.

I also have a theory regarding the MPD, but I'd rather flesh it out with some of you before I consider making a post in regards to it. So if anyone would like to help in that regard, feel free to message. 

Edited by tEfugleskremmel
Grammar
  • Administrators

Well, they sent one rocket to the Moon with the Dempsey from this timeline, so there goes one rocket.

If this is still during the near-end of World War II (a version of which the Germans have been very successful in might I add), these seem like ballistic missiles designed to annihilate any particular area of the world.

In reality, most ballistic missiles required VERY well-calculated measurements to strike an area even less than halfways around the world, and that was considered the maximum realistic standard. But given the power of Element 115, it looks more like Group 935 was making the rockets able to go around the entire world...and perhaps even beyond that.

• 2 weeks later...

Bear in mind that I haven't yet finished the DE Easter egg or seen the cutscene, so I'm not sure if there's relevant information I've yet to uncover. Also being an Xbox player I haven't played ZNS and am avoiding gameplay/spoilers at all costs, but...

My immediate thought process regarding the exchange between Richtofen and Groph was that Operation Shield is the code name for Richtofens mission to acquire the Golden Rod and Focusing Stone as per Black Ops 1. My main reasoning for this is that Groph says "The machine is ready, and awaiting the conduit."

I believe the machine in question is the MPD and the conduit is the Golden Rod key. This is backed up by the fact that in the projector images we can see that the MPD is closed, and we know from Moon that the GR key is required to open it. 

The only thing that makes me question my little theory here is the fact that we know from previous radios that Samantha materialises on the moon and runs straight into the MPD. (Which would have to be open.)

This leads me to believe that sometime between the happenings of DE and the events of W@W/BO1 original Richtofen would have gone and gathered the pieces of the key to open the MPD, completing "Operation Shield," when he would then meet Groph on the moon and use the key aka the "conduit" on the MPD, but somehow Samanatha interrupted their plan.

There are holes in this idea, such as it would mean that Sam wasn't instantaneously teleporter to the moon. Which currently I can't find evidence for, but that's just my two cents.

TL:DR I believe "Operation Shield" is Richtofen's mission to acquire the Golden Rod and Focusing Stone.

6 minutes ago, Koslans said:

Or the shield is the shield around the pyramid and the conduit is the soul canister.
I have no idea what I'm trying to say, just throwing my ideas on the table. 

No harm in throwing ideas around! They might lead to something after all.

The only problem with that idea is that Richtofen says "I shall continue with operation shield and join you shortly." 

If operation shield was to do with the shield around the MPD he would surely have to join Groph on the moon first, before he could continue with the operation.

Just now, JackalBoy88 said:

Richtofen says "I shall continue with operation shield and join you shortly." 

When does he say that again? 

Is it when turning on the power, or when picking up the bow? 
I can't remember at the moment. 

Obviously, the moment when he says something like that, draws out the context of this sentence. 

I got really excited the first time I heard him say "Operation Shield" as I thought they were going to give us some answers to a really old question.

In Shi No Numa, in a certain area you can hear voices whispering "So close to the shield..."

I remember years ago @carbonfibah made a post or a tweet about it, and I think I remember a developer (or perhaps the 3arc community manager at the time JD_2020) teasing him by replying "but what does it mean?" Or something like that. 

I don't recall that question ever being answered.