Koslans

Split-screen and DLC gumballs

Koslans    39

So we can have one account and let another player join, even on the seasonpass / dlc maps. So, why exactly can't the second player have access to the new gumballs? 

Is there a reason for this, or do we play the wrong game mode or something? I haven't tried local play in while to be honest... 

As for now, it's not much of a big deal, but I can imagine some more and better gumballs will appear throughout the season. 

jiipee95    35

I think it's because the second player just doesn't have them, as he can't get them from monty's factory if he doesn't own the dlc... I'm not sure though. 

Awards

Doppelgänger    150

If you don't own the DLC you aren't allowed access to DLC specific GobbleGums.

For example: Say you were using your account on a friends console who has the DLC. If you got Liquid Divinium and bought some DLC GobbleGum in the factory, you wouldn't be able to use it on your account back home.

Koslans    39

It makes sense in a way. On the other hand, if the second player can play on Der Eisendrache, why can't he get get crawl space for example? 

It's a weird way of programming... I'll try a private match next weekend, see what results we get from that. They don't expect me to get two copies of the game right? 

Koslans    39

Well, at least we can play split-screen. The first week we couldn't get it to work. I'm really, really happy they fixed it.

I have the same problem. We only get the 'basic package' with just the maps. Don't really get the reasoning behind this. If it's $$$ then they are worse than I thought. I'm 99% sure this is an activision thing and not a treyarch thing.

Awards

Koslans    39
8 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Technically speaking, because they don't have the dlc it makes it all the more likely they'll get perkaholics from the factory. 

I noticed. We never use them though. 34 Perkaholics and counting, lel

Playing a local game didn't circumvent the 'problem'.