Zetsubou No Shima Trailer Has Been Dropped - Analysis Included

9 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Where are they called Soul Canisters? 

"Oh that's right! The Machine is powered by life force!" -Dr. Richtofen

The fact that the souls are still in the zombies doesn't prove that the souls power anything. Quote from Maxis in Buried confirm that the "souls" are actually the transfer of energy, and in Origins, Dr. Richtofen, the only one who truly knows what's going on, doesn't say that the boxes are powered by souls, but by energy.

He outright calls it a Soul Canister in Der Eisendrache. Souls are energy, why are you being so awkward about this?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

He outright calls it a Soul Canister in Der Eisendrache. Souls are energy, why are you being so awkward about this?

Because LIFE is energy. Souls are the spiritual essence of man, which rats do not have. ;) And retconning all the uses of 'life energy' as 'soul collecting' is not even deep or thought provoking. It's just silly. 

17 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Because LIFE is energy. Souls are the spiritual essence of man, which rats do not have. ;) And retconning all the uses of 'life energy' as 'soul collecting' is not even deep or thought provoking. It's just silly. 

some people beleive that every living animal has a soul though thats why its called what its called it culturaly accepted (by most not all)

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, deamonkeeper said:

some people beleive that every living animal has a soul though thats why its called what its called it culturaly accepted (by most not all)

And all of a sudden the EE songs sound cheesy because, hey, it could be about a monkey or a rat as well as the zombies. 

Point being, it trivializes a profound part of the story, IMO. I'm not denying that it may be completely retconned, but Black Ops 1 & 2 actually overly emphasized the fact that it was 'life force' (ref: Moon) or 'energy' (Buried), while even Origins continued that legacy (Richtofen) with the only exception being Takeo, who is clearly a religious and spiritually inclined individual, referring to the scientific phenomena in the way you would expect a non-scientific Buddhist or Hindu to do.

I would like to see the direct quote from Richtofen, however, saying it is a soul canister. 

See, the difference between a 'soul' and 'life force' is that a soul generally implies specificity; uniqueness, containing ones' own personality and being. The kind of essence that has interminable cognizance. The existence of souls in humans in the CODZ universe is canon, and rather poignant, as we see instances of them being trapped inside their zombified bodies, begging for freedom (death - The One, SNN), or in the case of individuals who, after death, enter a form of Purgatory (the inmates - MotD). 

However, life force - living energy is inherent, and undeniable in all beings. It is general, non-specific, and is known to have kinetic influence in real-world application. The use of as a power source makes more sense and is more scientifically established than the use of 'souls.'

14 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

6e7be7dc18c895b51b6b523702be3262.jpg

I KNOW it takes the same amount of effort to activate the PAP. That was never in question. 

WHAT I'M SAYING is that the TYPE of pack-a-punch determines the way it's accessed. 

If the teleporters and MTD in the giant weren't there. Would you be able to access the PAP once power was on? Yes you would. 

This is marginally different then the PAP on SOE, which would require you to do rituals. If the rituals wern't in the map, there's nothing to trigger the wall in the back of the PAP room from turning from a regular wall into the PAP for the map, however the wall would still be there. 

And in DE, you collect the parts of the PAP. You go around the map finding the PAP parts. If you took it out of the map then you'd have taken out the PAP all together. 

Imagine this was a set of custom maps. The only difference was that I removed -the MTD, -The gateworms,-the PAP teleporters from their respective original maps. 

Would you be able to still use the PAP in the giant? YES. 

Would you still be able to use the PAP in SOE? NO, but the wall that becomes PAP would still be there. 

Would you still be able to use the PAP in Der Eisendrache? NO, and the PAP wouldn't be there at all. 

Have I made this clear enough now?

This makes absolutely no sense. If you remove the catalyst which causes the Pack a Punch to open, it becomes inaccessible. 

Saying that the MTD's aren't needed to open Pack a Punch is simply ridiculous. Of course you need them. If you removed the MTD's from Der Reise or The Giant, the Pack a Punch is still 100% inaccessible. I honestly have no idea what you are trying to prove by saying this stuff. Saying that you can use the Pack a Punch "right off the bat" in The Giant is ridiculous. You were wrong to say that. So instead of going on and attempting to prove that you were right, own up to the error. Your theory that each type of Pack a Punch machine is activated is wrong. Because if it were, why didn't we need to connect teleporters to a mainframe in Black Ops 1 and 2? If then your argument is that your theory adheres to the current universe, the why didn't we teleport the pieces of Pack a Punch the in Origins? 

4 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

This makes absolutely no sense. If you remove the catalyst which causes the Pack a Punch to open, it becomes inaccessible. 

Saying that the MTD's aren't needed to open Pack a Punch is simply ridiculous. Of course you need them. If you removed the MTD's from Der Reise or The Giant, the Pack a Punch is still 100% inaccessible. I honestly have no idea what you are trying to prove by saying this stuff. Saying that you can use the Pack a Punch "right off the bat" in The Giant is ridiculous. You were wrong to say that. So instead of going on and attempting to prove that you were right, own up to the error. Your theory that each type of Pack a Punch machine is activated is wrong. Because if it were, why didn't we need to connect teleporters to a mainframe in Black Ops 1 and 2? If then your argument is that your theory adheres to the current universe, the why didn't we teleport the pieces of Pack a Punch the in Origins? 

*Slams head into wall. 

Ok. 

What actually pack-a-punches your weapon in the giant? 

IS IT THE BIG SPIRE THAT'S CONNECTED TO THE TELEPORTERS AKA THE MTD? OR IS IT THE CRATE-SIZED PACK-A-PUNCH MACHINE INSIDE THE SPIRE? 

REMOVE THE SPIRE. REMOVE WHAT'S KEEPING YOU FROM ACCESSING THE DEVICE? 

THAT'S RIGHT. NOTHING. YOU COULD ACCESS THE DEVICE AT WILL ONCE THE POWER'S ON.

Likewise, this isn't a THEORY that pertains to the storyline, this is a theory that pertains to the BO3 GAME MECHANICS.

IF ANOTHER REGULAR STYLED PAP APPEARED IN ANOTHER MAP, I DON'T THINK WE'D HAVE TO DO ANYTHING EXTRA TO GET TO IT, PROVIDED THAT IT WAS OPEN TO THE WORLD. 

IF ANOTHER SOE STYLED PAP APPEARED IN ANOTHER MAP, EVEN IF IT WERE OPEN TO THE WORLD, YOU'D STILL NEED TO PERFORM A RITUAL TO OPEN IT. 

IF ANOTHER ORIGINS STYLED PAP APPEARED IN THIS GAME, I SUSPECT YOU WOULD NEED TO FIND THE 3 OR SO AREAS WERE YOU WOULD COLLECT IT'S PIECES BY TELEPORTING THEM. 

IT CAN'T BE THAT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND!

Yes. At this point I'm pretty angry.  

I'm not owning up to anything because what I'm saying makes perfect sense. If anyone could understand that they'd agree...And I don't think I can put it in clearer words. 

Capital letters aren't going to make it make any more sense. 

Remove the fact that the Der Eisendrache pieces are seperate. You'd have access to it. Because if it is the same as the Pack a Punch from Origins, which it quite clearly is, then it shouldn't be broken and thus would be accessible from the get-go. 

See how ridiculous that sounds?

2 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Capital letters aren't going to make it make any more sense. 

Remove the fact that the Der Eisendrache pieces are separate. You'd have access to it. Because if it is the same as the Pack a Punch from Origins, which it quite clearly is, then it shouldn't be broken and thus would be accessible from the get-go. 

See how ridiculous that sounds?

I see you've jumped from the giant to Der Eisendrache, could it be because you might have finally gotten what I've been saying? If so, good. That's progress. See? Capital letters DO help. 

But again, no it wouldn't. 

Remove the Der Eisendrache pieces of the map and what do you have? No pack-a-punch. We're not discussing how it would line up in the story, we're discussing if you removed the feature from the map. Because, again, we're discussing MAP MECHANICS not STORY-LINE.  If we were, I'd agree with you that the PAP would be here and ready to use. But we aren't. 

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I see you've jumped from the giant to Der Eisendrache, could it be because you might have finally gotten what I've been saying? If so, good. That's progress. See? Capital letters DO help. 

But again, no it wouldn't. 

Remove the Der Eisendrache pieces of the map and what do you have? No pack-a-punch. We're not discussing how it would line up in the story, we're discussing if you removed the feature from the map. Because, again, we're discussing MAP MECHANICS not STORY-LINE.  If we were, I'd agree with you that the PAP would be here and ready to use. But we aren't. 

Hold your horses, pardner. Yer like a bull in a china closet. If there were no zombies or explosive items in the game and fall damage couldn't hurt you, then you couldn't lose the game. Also, if the zombies couldn't move, then the game would be a lot easier, and if there were no ground textures and barriers you would keep falling forever. And if there was no mainframe teleporter, but there was a pack-a-punch, yes, it would be interactable. And actually, in DE, there are technically 3 pack-a-punches; you just cannot access them because the script dictates you cannot. If there was no such script, they would all be accessible. Get the point? Don't make me use capital letters. ;)

5 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Hold your horses, pardner. Yer like a bull in a china closet. If there were no zombies or explosive items in the game and fall damage couldn't hurt you, then you couldn't lose the game. Also, if the zombies couldn't move, then the game would be a lot easier, and if there were no ground textures and barriers you would keep falling forever. And if there was no mainframe teleporter, but there was a pack-a-punch, yes, it would be intractable. And actually, in DE, there are technically 3 pack-a-punches; you just cannot access them because the script dictates you cannot. If there was no such script, they would all be accessible. Get the point? Don't make me use capital letters. ;)

Fine, then in DE you would have multiple PAPes available. Thank you for correcting me. 

My point still stands however. The type of PAP determines it's properties. 

2 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Fine, then in DE you would have multiple PAPes available. Thank you for correcting me. 

Your point was that removing the door from the PaP in the Giant would mean you had access to it, which it would not. You seem to have completely skewed your whole point about this thing and blown it out of proportion because you couldn't admit you were wrong, so changed it to this PaP determining properties, which it was not about when the conversation started. When you changed the point you were making and started being really rude, I quit even trying. But now others are pointing this stuff out and its getting ridiculously derailing of this thread.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Your point was that removing the door from the PaP in the Giant would mean you had access to it, which it would not. You seem to have completely skewed your whole point about this thing and blown it out of proportion because you couldn't admit you were wrong, so changed it to this PaP determining properties, which it was not about when the conversation started. When you changed the point you were making and started being really rude, I quit even trying. But now others are pointing this stuff out and its getting ridiculously derailing of this thread.

I don't think we'll see a Div. 9 version of the machine no, We'v'e seen that thing change too much this game. In fact, we've yet to see the same PAP twice. Maybe they all come with different properties? Like the one on DE needs to be collected, the one on the giant works right off the bat, and the one in SOE requires a ritual to open. 

That's what I said. Look it up.

And yes, this thread is incredibly de-railed at this point. But don't blame this entirely on me. 

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

They all have the same properties, they just have different textures and are barriered until you have completed the scripted sequence. Simple as that. 

9 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

They all have the same properties, they just have different textures and are barriered until you have completed the scripted sequence. Simple as that. 

Then that answers my original question. Thank you. 

My original question: 

Maybe they all come with different properties? Like the one on DE needs to be collected, the one on the giant works right off the bat, and the one in SOE requires a ritual to open. 

1 hour ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I don't think we'll see a Div. 9 version of the machine no, We'v'e seen that thing change too much this game. In fact, we've yet to see the same PAP twice. Maybe they all come with different properties? Like the one on DE needs to be collected, the one on the giant works right off the bat, and the one in SOE requires a ritual to open. 

That's what I said. Look it up.

And yes, this thread is incredibly de-railed at this point. But don't blame this entirely on me. 

"Ah, but within the teleporter if you could get by the door, you could just pack-a-punch once power was on. And when I say collected in DE i mean they have to end up in the same place."

Sure.

Edit: Not sure why you liked this, it proves you wrong...

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

Then lets get back to the original thread. No one is blaming any one person on that. It was a group effort. Getting back on track however, what do you other guys think about the Division version of the Pack a Punch? It wouldn't hurt what we already know about a Div. 9 Pack a Punch, because we've never seen it in the only other map pertaining to this group.

I think they change the pack a punch machines to allow it to make sense for the map that it is on.  After all, the box has changed its colors before as well and even having them in the first place is like voodoo magic to me anyway, so I digress.  The point is that we will always have to do SOMETHING to access the OP weaponry that we see in BO3 and we have always had to do/pay/accomplish something in order to access it.  Because it may resemble the Division 9 theme is just aesthetic to me.  I still am required to find out it's secrets in order to use it.  I am just waiting for them to replace the box we know for a box that never moves again like in Nact, and make it super hard to access so that it's goodies are that much more difficult to get.  Not only would it make the Gobblegum that much more popular, but would also kick those god-forsaken noobs in the butt.  I would love to see that!!!

P.S.  The "Original thread" was all things Trailer, right?  Maybe off on a wild tangent but, I thoroughly got a kick out of seeing you two "DUKE" it out.   

1 hour ago, JJMFP said:

I think they change the pack a punch machines to allow it to make sense for the map that it is on.  After all, the box has changed its colors before as well and even having them in the first place is like voodoo magic to me anyway, so I digress.  The point is that we will always have to do SOMETHING to access the OP weaponry that we see in BO3 and we have always had to do/pay/accomplish something in order to access it.  Because it may resemble the Division 9 theme is just aesthetic to me.  I still am required to find out it's secrets in order to use it.  I am just waiting for them to replace the box we know for a box that never moves again like in Nact, and make it super hard to access so that it's goodies are that much more difficult to get.  Not only would it make the Gobblegum that much more popular, but would also kick those god-forsaken noobs in the butt.  I would love to see that!!!

P.S.  The "Original thread" was all things Trailer, right?  Maybe off on a wild tangent but, I thoroughly got a kick out of seeing you two "DUKE" it out.   

So for the box, it doesn't offer pretty much anything better than what you can get on the walls in BO3, so making it not move and place it someplace hard, would make me just not go for the box (I rarely do anyways in BO3). But as dlc2 and Zetsubou No Shima is introducing, HP-40, MX Garand and the Marshal, I think they're gonna be put on the box and made a bit better than rest of the guns.

Could this new drop, as seen in the trailer, be available in all the rest of the map prior to the update, or do you think that it is going to be map exclusive.  Here is my analysis on both.

• First off, when they made the death machine available, it was hued in a different color.  The exact same color, however, as the tram fuse, which is blue instead of the yellow/gold we are used to.  If I am not mistaken, this drop is the same color as the other drop that fell next to it.  This is new as well, because it marks the first time I have ever seen a "Double Drop" (I am working off memory, so chime in if you see any discrepancies).  Being the same color makes me want to believe that it is a new sort of drop that WILL be available throughout, but if the "Double Drop" is a thing, then that makes it a different mechanic altogether and is likely map specific.  What do you think???

Does the hue of the drop mean anything???

26 minutes ago, JJMFP said:

Could this new drop, as seen in the trailer, be available in all the rest of the map prior to the update, or do you think that it is going to be map exclusive.  Here is my analysis on both.

• First off, when they made the death machine available, it was hued in a different color.  The exact same color, however, as the tram fuse, which is blue instead of the yellow/gold we are used to.  If I am not mistaken, this drop is the same color as the other drop that fell next to it.  This is new as well, because it marks the first time I have ever seen a "Double Drop" (I am working off memory, so chime in if you see any discrepancies).  Being the same color makes me want to believe that it is a new sort of drop that WILL be available throughout, but if the "Double Drop" is a thing, then that makes it a different mechanic altogether and is likely map specific.  What do you think???

Does the hue of the drop mean anything???

It's hard to know really. It could be a weapon, like you said being similar to the same color as the deathmachine and the tram fuse, it is possible, but it could also just end up being something similar to the tram fuse, which if it was it would just be map specific, although a new weapon drop that was accessible in all the other maps would be a lot better considering the death machine is crap lol.also this is the first time I've seen a double drop also

Edited by DilRobskii

I see the durian, or pufferfish or whatever being one of 3 things: 

-Some kind of collectible part, which isn't likely as it comes from a normal zombie. 

-You can take this plant and plant it in those areas that have the round hole with the origins-circles on the side to make a trap of sorts. 

-It's a puffer fish and it will allow one to push zombies away under water. 

1 hour ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I see the durian, or pufferfish or whatever being one of 3 things: 

-Some kind of collectible part, which isn't likely as it comes from a normal zombie. 

-You can take this plant and plant it in those areas that have the round hole with the origins-circles on the side to make a trap of sorts. 

-It's a puffer fish and it will allow one to push zombies away under water. 

It is too light to be a part and comes from a zombie, so it definitely isn't that.

The second one seems more likely, as its blue and its player specific.

Its definitely a plant, your an idiot if you say its a pufferfish...irony

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
24 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

It is too light to be a part and comes from a zombie, so it definitely isn't that.

The second one seems more likely, as its blue and its player specific.

Its definitely a planet, your an idiot if you say its a pufferfish...irony

So then it's a pineapple.