Zetsubou No Shima Trailer Has Been Dropped - Analysis Included

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

But we can get the drop above water...

Lol why are you criticizing his idea on those grounds? You suggested this kind of thing first.

2 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I see the durian, or pufferfish or whatever being one of 3 things:

-It's a puffer fish and it will allow one to push zombies away under water. 

Blue Power-Ups are extremely different to Green Power-Ups.

The drops that are green affect your team as a whole, some excluding those that have been downed or have straight up died. Whereas drops that are blue affect none but the player that picks them up. We've seen this  the past with the Death Machine, Zombie Blood and now the Tram Fuse. Considering that the item dropped alongside the Death Machine also has a blue aurora surrounding it, it is clear that it will affect solely the player that picks it up. Saying that it could act like a currency in a sense, as we saw with the Tram Fuses in Der Eisendrachen, is logical assumption. I'm still hoping we see them bring us a new gameplay element with my Evolving Perk idea. 

21 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I see the durian, or pufferfish or whatever being one of 3 things: 

-Some kind of collectible part, which isn't likely as it comes from a normal zombie. 

-You can take this plant and plant it in those areas that have the round hole with the origins-circles on the side to make a trap of sorts. 

-It's a puffer fish and it will allow one to push zombies away under water. 

This stands out to me the most.  We know from the video that something "Grows" from the ground and eats a zombie, so to speak.  This would be a new to the franchise of sorts.  The first I have seen any sort of planting was in Der Eisendrache's free gooblegum EE.

I wonder if the drops would be different in that scenario. 

We see at least two of these circle areas in the trailer, one with the MASSIVE round plant, and the other is the skewer one that sticks the crawler. 

If we can plant these, will we be able to tell which seeds are the ones to give the round plants and which give the staby plants? 

And here's a thought: What if we have to use these seeds as a power source? Like, what if we need to plant an electric seed in certain areas of the map to apply power to that area? I.... could get behind that idea, as long as we could carry more then one. It'd really mix things up, even if it were annoying RNG. (really I'm just hoping for a hard-as-balls map so people can stop calling this game easy, likewise I'm also thinking from a custom mapper's point of view) 

I'm pretty sure the power up is some kind of seed which you can plant at certain places to get a plant trap/whatever. There might be different seeds or maybe the location affects what kind of plant will grow, or it might be completely random. It's definitely not a pufferfish IMO. It could act as a tram fuse too (plant it --> plant will grow --> inside there is a powerup), but I'm not sure if I'd like the idea of that.

3 hours ago, JJMFP said:

This stands out to me the most.  We know from the video that something "Grows" from the ground and eats a zombie, so to speak.  This would be a new to the franchise of sorts.  The first I have seen any sort of planting was in Der Eisendrache's free gooblegum EE.

Remember tranzit? You kill the last zombie during a storm and the boss spawns? In zns maybe you kill the last zombie on certain conditions too and this will happen?....

11 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I....Don't see the correlation....

Wenn du dir den trailer ansiehst siehst du wie der zombie stirbt und der boss aus diesem spawned... ich kann mir nicht vorstellen das dies jedesmal passieren kann - was wenn der zombie unter wasser stirbt?...see very easy on native language....

I will try again:

Zombie dies in the trailer and the boss spawned - like in tranzit - zombie dies and the boss spawned...but if the last zombie dies under water the boss cannot spawn there.... you know what i mean?

1 minute ago, Nieno69 said:

Wenn du dir den trailer ansiehst siehst du wie der zombie stirbt und der boss aus diesem spawned... ich kann mir nicht vorstellen das dies jedesmal passieren kann - was wenn der zombie unter wasser stirbt?...see very easy on native language....

I will try again:

Zombie dies in the trailer and the boss spawned - like in tranzit - zombie dies and the boss spawned...but if the last zombie dies under water the boss cannot spawn there.... you know what i mean?

Ah I see, sorry, I didn't catch the jump from the drop to the boss.

I don't want to see another instance of powering up machines and the like using outside sources. Tranzit, Mib if the Dead, Origins and Shadows of Evil really ground my gears with this mechanic. It doesn't make a game harder, it only lengthens the process in which it takes to activate what you need. 

As for the drop, we know only one thing: It will affect solely the player that picks it up. The seed argument is probably the most logical, as I see it being a puffer fish making the game far too cartoonish. 

And on the boss creature for the map, I think this is the Thrasher we've been hearing people preach about found in the game files. Personally i hate data-mining, but the idea was there so I wanted to share it. As of now, it seems that it might work on an evolution system. Where a select zombie could have the chance to turn into it.

I think, on the topic of the boss, the boss will start off like a regular zombie, but it glows orange and has extra health. However, if it manages to walk over a certain "trigger" on the ground, it will fuse with the roots to form the "thrasher" zombie as we've seen. Obviously it's preferable to take out the thrasher in human form.