Swords?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never actually upgraded the swords.  I play exclusively on solo due to poor internet connections, and while I have gotten the swords before, I never seem to have the TIME to upgrade them, as I typically get pulled away from the xbox by then (or the servers quit) 

Or I just suck at the game. Take your pick. 

Either way, the normal sword I never find myself using because it simply isn't as cool to use as everything else in the map is. 

I find the "Apothicon Sword" a bit lackluster. However, the "Archon/Keeper Sword" is definitely worth taking the time to do.

Its really not that hard, nor time consuming, when charging the Arch-Ovum you basically have unlimited use of the "Apothicon Sword" to take out the Margwa.

I really enjoy the upgraded sword, cant say I've used it for high rounds as I've only ever used it during the EE & haven't been back to SOE in a while but i always enjoyed the actually process of upgrading them with the multiple margwas!

56 minutes ago, Koslans said:

I love spawning as many Margwas in co-op games with strangers.... haha.

Your siggy... was that Timesplitters 2? Great game! 

mine?

While it was not from there, i do seem to remember that phrase being in there somewhere! Was also the name of an album for a group known as the prodigy, Im actually not sure where I got it from to be honest!! been gaming too many years now :) 

I think Im going to get on SOE later now just so I can get the sword out!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2016 at 1:22 AM, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I've never actually upgraded the swords.  I play exclusively on solo due to poor internet connections, and while I have gotten the swords before, I never seem to have the TIME to upgrade them, as I typically get pulled away from the xbox by then (or the servers quit) 

Or I just suck at the game. Take your pick. 

Either way, the normal sword I never find myself using because it simply isn't as cool to use as everything else in the map is. 

The normal sword is lacking, but it can take down early margwa.

One easy way to do swords is to just ignore the egg until you get the AS. Then the first part is ridiculously easy using the AS. The second part is just shooting margwa heads; shotgun, ray gun, or sword make that easy. 

As a general rule to all: if you don't normally get past 30 rounds, the sword probably isn't worth the time and effort to craft. If you do regularly get past 30, it will save you tons of ammo and protect you in emergencies. 

On 16-4-2016 at 11:13 PM, 83457 said:

As a general rule to all: if you don't normally get past 30 rounds, the sword probably isn't worth the time and effort to craft. If you do regularly get past 30, it will save you tons of ammo and protect you in emergencies. 

It's nice to craft and upgrade swords, just for the sake of having something to do while the rounds go up though. 

Oh sure, Koslan. I always do it (but i usually make it to around 55 before the zombies stop pathing to me, so it's worth it for sure).

"Saving tons of ammo" (my words) is a bit of a stretch. Usually I'm using blast furnace by then and hardly any ammo. 

But swords are still strong; they help when you've revived noobs 30 times by round 15, and it only gets harder as the rounds go up.  And i love camping for as long as i can before I'm forced into boring circles,  swords really help with that.