Sign in to follow this  
Koslans

Dashboard?

Koslans    39

Can you be bothered? Personally I just let the game end when I die. 

I never use super special gumballs all that much. When I do, i'll make sure to make good use of them. Or maybe not. Who knows? I saved up some popshocks for a knife only challenge and I totally ruined it. lol

Until the CoD Points:Liquid Divinium ratio improves and we have a way to outright purchase specific gumballs, I'll always dashboard. I have no desire to spend upwards of a hundred quid plus several man-hours farming LD again just to acquire a few Perkaholics when I'm going to use them all over the space of a few games.

I come from the W@W/Black Ops era and I know that I'm a proficient enough player to get to very high rounds without so much as touching the GG machine, but if you're gonna implement something like this into a game then IMO it needs to be something that can be wholeheartedly embraced. When the game was released, I pretty much looked at Mega GG as something I'd probably never use as it takes so much to get hold of the good stuff and then you use it and it's gone, just seems pointless. Then I discovered DBing and I thought right then, time to move with the times and grab this new feature by the bollocks.

Only time I'd frown on someone for DBing is in the middle of a public game. Not into this whole "quit as soon as I go down, coz perkaholic" culture. You can still DB at the Game Over screen. Plus, for me personally, I have just a few PHs but if I happen to use them all in one game, I have failed myself XD

Koslans    39

I get more than enough Diviniums per game. I think. I usually got two, nowadays even more.So that's 2+ gumballs each game. I like using the classic ones usually. So one or two special gums to use is usually enough. I'm pretty bad at zombies, so the one giving me back my weapons is a nice one, lol. I use the power up ones in the early rounds for fun. Getting two nukes on a double points is pretty nice on the low rounds. I don't really need to save them to revive someone in a later round, because I'm the one that goes down first. hahaha. 

As for the people dashboarding mid-game.... I doubt they even have a perkaholic, it more seems like classic ragequitting. Or they discover that someone else took the wolf/electric bow. The fire one isn't really popular and starting on the purple one at round 20 pretty much sucks. Come to think of it, having a killjoy gubblegum could help a lot... 

Nieno69    126

I think they dont Release the new map without Patch the dashboarding - I really dont understand why it works ....I mean - you get XP you get Divinium but you dont loose gg? 

I know there are different opinions on that but for myself DB is trash solo or coop- play unranked games if you play for fun 

Awards

Koslans    39

I have a feeling the dev's put the dashboard trick in the game for themselves to enjoy while testing the game. 

On 02/04/2016 at 3:37 PM, Nieno69 said:

I think they dont Release the new map without Patch the dashboarding - I really dont understand why it works ....I mean - you get XP you get Divinium but you dont loose gg? 

I know there are different opinions on that but for myself DB is trash solo or coop- play unranked games if you play for fun 

I dunno if they will tbh. This has been a very well known bug/glitch for several months now, Treyarch are well aware of it I'm sure and have been for a long time. They're usually bang on any glitch or bug, and you can bet your ass that once one becomes known it'll be patched in the next update, but we've had a tonne of updates and it's not been fixed.

I think it's because they know their servers aren't great and never will be, and people would be outraged if they were to get a game going, use their Perkaholics and Wall Powers and the like, and then they get disconnected and they lose them all when they haven't really used them. This is what would happen if they were to make it like XP in which it saves at the end of each round, rather than at the end of the Game Over screen like it currently is.

How is playing unranked going to change DBing anyway? You don't get the leaderboard score if you DB, I think that's why a lot of people don't have a problem with it. It's a trade-off.

Nieno69    126
40 minutes ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

I dunno if they will tbh. This has been a very well known bug/glitch for several months now, Treyarch are well aware of it I'm sure and have been for a long time. They're usually bang on any glitch or bug, and you can bet your ass that once one becomes known it'll be patched in the next update, but we've had a tonne of updates and it's not been fixed.

I think it's because they know their servers aren't great and never will be, and people would be outraged if they were to get a game going, use their Perkaholics and Wall Powers and the like, and then they get disconnected and they lose them all when they haven't really used them. This is what would happen if they were to make it like XP in which it saves at the end of each round, rather than at the end of the Game Over screen like it currently is.

How is playing unranked going to change DBing anyway? You don't get the leaderboard score if you DB, I think that's why a lot of people don't have a problem with it. It's a trade-off.

Yeah ... if you look at it like that it is ok if you lost connection  - but it must be a way to Check if the User closed the game... but Lets wait how it will be 

Awards

Shootinfish    52

@Nieno69 If they fix it like that then people will just pull there connection.

I will be honest I don't like it and wouldn't mind them patching it so you use your GG straight away and get dv at the end of match but this is not a popular opinion and I understand I would lose a lot of GG and dv because there is a fair amount of games that get cut short for whatever reason so I think its going to stay like it

I have tried to see the point of view that someone has spent cod points or a lot of time getting there GG but its just avoiding that its an exploit in the game mechanic if you choose to do it doesn't really affect me so I'm not concerned

24 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

Yeah ... if you look at it like that it is ok if you lost connection  - but it must be a way to Check if the User closed the game... but Lets wait how it will be 

People would just start disconnecting instead then :lol: That's what I do anyway tbh, I'm literally sitting right next to my Powerline socket so rather than DBing I just switch it off and on to quickly disconnect from the internet, much easier.

Lenne    415

If you are playing by yourself and just for your own personal records you can do whatever you want.

If you are in a public game or play to get world records and what not I say that you are cheating.

Hells Warrrior    564

Dashboarding in a public lobby or a ranked game in solo, is tantamount to treason and punishable by death. If you end up in a public lobby and dashboard in our game,1, I'll report you, 2 I'll block you also and this is fedback on your gaming profile - the more bad reviews received the worse your record gets.

• Like 1

NaBrZHunter    491

I hate this whole "Treyarch won't do that because it'll make people mad." I say, make 'em mad if they have an entitled attitude about perks. Zombies is 100% volatile. We've been doing this for 8 years and you're telling me folks don't know that? Please, Treyarch, patch dashboarding. It's not Treyarch's fault if you buy Perkaholic and then get yourself downed. Perkaholic is way too OP in the first place. Like Blundell said, you die. Ultimately. And lose all your perks. Yep. That's right, folks, zombies was designed to be played to lose. I don't usually piss rant, but like I said, I'm tired of this entiteled attitude. Back in the day, we made do with the weapons and perks we had, and took nothing with us when we died. That's the way it should be. 

• Like 2

Koslans    39

I agree, they need to patch it. It's just a cheap trick and people forget how to play properly. 

Some people don't even know where the Juggernog perk machine is on Der Eisendrache...

That's bad news.

Edited by Koslans
  • Like 2

On 04/04/2016 at 0:01 PM, Koslans said:

I agree, they need to patch it. It's just a cheap trick and people forget how to play properly. 

Some people don't even know where the Juggernog perk machine is on Der Eisendrache...

That's bad news.

They have half-patched it, to as well as they can patch it really. As SOON as the Game Over screen hits, that's it, gum is lost - beforehand, even if the screen came up you had time to save your gums by closing the game or disconnecting your internet, but now if you're in a game with randoms and host ends game or you all die then that's it, they're gone.

There would be huge uproar if it were taken any further than that, due to CoD servers generally being fairly poor and people would be so pissed off if they were to get into a game, use their gums, get set up and then get disconnected and not really get to use the gums.

Greer    9

As much as I like them, I don't use the gumballs outside of aiding easter egg completion. I occasionally use a cache back, but a lot of them aren't even useful in solo so to answer your question, no I don't dashboard. That said, if I use my one perkaholic for another attempt at the DE EE, I may keep dashboarding in mind if I screw up :P

Awards