Marky

The Quick Revive Theory

Marky    1

Alternative Title: The Situation is Deteriorating. 

115 displacement, a common theme in all of zombies. However, I’ve come to notice that it’s getting worse and worse as the games go on. At first it was just displacing perk machines and the Mystery Box, but now the effects of Element 115 are becoming much more apparent. My examples include the Quick Revive machine, the ghostly perks in Mob of the Dead, and the floating debris in Der Isen- Der Ischen- the Awakening zombies map, which I will now explain, obviously.

Ghost Perks in Mob of the Dead

Flickering in and out of existence. Could it be that the energy that once solidly placed perk machines was, at that stage, weaker, resulting in the perks, while drinkable, being only half-there, always in a state of travel between dimensions?

The Actual Quick Revive Theory

This connects to my point on Quick Revive, possibly one of the most powerful perk in all of zombies. 

If we refer to the Black Ops II zombies leaderboards, (I know, I can hear you all groaning already) we see that we have two categories that are rather.. interesting. 

‘Downs’ and ‘Deaths.’ 

Downs refer to the amount of times your character has been floored by the zombie horde, and Deaths must refer to the amount of times that your character has succumbed to the horde, but died, AKA a non-EE-related Game Over. So, in a multiplayer match, if you run out of health, you’ll be floored until you’re either revived by a teammate, or bleed out, die and then be resurrected by the current Announcer at the start of the next round. The latter would be a Death, with the former being a Down. In a single player game, you can die and eventually revived by the power of Quick Revive, which could mean that Quick Revive has the power to literally raise the dead, or at least ‘revive’ the ‘recently’ deceased. It would make more sense for this to be a more powerful drink with a higher 115 concentration than, say, a drink that increases your strength or improves your reflexes (Juggernog and Speed Cola). 

With the drink being so unstable, it would make sense for it to literally just up and *poof* within a few uses, hence the Quick Revive machine flying off into the air. Same goes for Electric Cherry, the 115 concentration would have to be phenomenal in order to generate a large electrical corona around the player, enough to incapacitate creatures of the undead, hence its constant state of near-deterioration.

Outro

As for the floating debris and the method of assembling the Pack-A-Punch in Der Eisendrache, it further proves my point of how 115 is becoming more and more apparent, and bleeding into our world in more tangible forms than meteorites and perk machines. As for what it can present itself as next.. well.. only time can tell.

Thank you for taking the time to read. If you can spot any errors or have any ideas of your own to add, please do, I only have credible information that I’ve gotten myself from Black Ops II backwards, as I haven’t gotten a chance to play Black Ops III yet. 

-Marky

Afterthoughts: I made this hypothesis before I learnt of DLC 2’s setting, and now that I have, well, that just gives us even more things to theorize about. I will most likely write a piece on 115 infection once it’s actually come out.

• Like 1

Koslans    39

I've never really put thought into it. However, I'm sure you'll love the character quotes in BO3

I remember Richthofen saying something like: 'Could it be that these machines follow us through time?'

We can't really apply that much physical prowis to perks. After all, look at double tap: A perk that literally duplicates solid matter, or widows wine: turns grenades into web-grenades. Then there's the gumballs: 

-Alchemical antithesis: Summons bullets. 

-Impatient: Summons the dead before the end of the round. 

None of these disappear after a few uses.

In reality we have NO idea how perks or gumballs work. We can't really assume one disappears because it's unstable. It likely just does so because it's a game mechanic. Besides, you can buy it unlimited in Co-Op.  

1 hour ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

We can't really apply that much physical prowis to perks. After all, look at double tap: A perk that literally duplicates solid matter, or widows wine: turns grenades into web-grenades. Then there's the gumballs: 

-Alchemical antithesis: Summons bullets. 

-Impatient: Summons the dead before the end of the round. 

None of these disappear after a few uses.

In reality we have NO idea how perks or gumballs work. We can't really assume one disappears because it's unstable. It likely just does so because it's a game mechanic. Besides, you can buy it unlimited in Co-Op.  

Isn't that because they are 115 infused so they can do miraculous stuff? I think that is literally the only explanation needed for it.

Also Quick Revive disappears accompanied by a laugh of the announcer- showing that the demonic announcer is still playing a game with you and you have ran out of lives essentially. That is how I see it.