Sign in to follow this  
Chopper

COD points and Gobblegum

Chopper    188

Hey Guys.  With all the talk across Reddit and here regarding COD points and Gobblegums I'd like to give my position on this topic and why I feel the way I do.

As a near mid 30 year old guy with kids and a business, my time to play zombies is strictly limited.  Therefore I will do whatever gives me the most amount of fun as zombies is close to half my main downtime.

I personally own BO3 with the season pass on 3 systems.  I have also purchased 2 * 5000 COD points on all systems.  Thinking about that, it's a fair amount of money to give to one company.  However, when I value the enjoyment I get out of it, it's a fair compromise to me personally.  That's doesn't mean it's a good system, just that I have accepted it for better or for worse.

If I was 20 years old, I would probably handle it differently.  I might be more of a 'keyboard warrior' and try and get involved in this move to stop COD points being a thing.   What I think a lot of people are missing is that MP COD points/crypto and Zombies COD points/divinium are for now different.

You don't gain a significant advantage in zombies, the same way I'm hearing you do in MP with the new weapons.

I will DB to keep my gumballs in a solo game.  I would also do it in a co-op game if I was playing with friends that had agreed to do it.  I wouldn't dream of doing it in a public game however.

The reason I DB is that some of my enjoyment comes from the gumballs that you can play with, and I don't want to lose these.  I feel I have given Activision more than enough money to be happy with doing this, and I literally do not affect anyone else with my behaviour.

If I want a challenging game, I'll play straight up with limited gumballs.  Der Eisendrache is a completely different game without perkaholic, you have to play much safer and slower to complete the dragons, get Jugg etc.  If I just want to grind some XP, or just have fun in a more relaxed way I'm using Perkaholic and Wall Power.  Whilst I have 40 or so WallPowers, I only have 4 perkaholics.

So, for those nights when I've worked 12-14 hours and don't want a sprinting zombie on round 2 or 3 to down me with a triple hit, which in itself is frankly ridiculous, I'll continue to use Perkaholic and DB when I go down for the first time.  And I will not apologise for doing this to anyone.

DB is really scummy in public games, in solo it's just not the same.  Some might think I'm cheating myself......I'm playing for fun and this is how I have fun.

I like your possition. It's fair. 

Personally, I don't give a crap about Cod points---> liquid divinium. There's no problem with this system, and anyone that says zombies has become "Pay-to-Win" is wrong. 

Personally I'm saving up Divinium so I can get that 115 divinium medal for CODZ. So for a while I'm not spending any LD on new gumballs, when I do however, It will be after DLC 2 has released for Xbox and I can get some of the new ones. 

Back on topic, I almost ALWAYS use nothing but classic GGs. Solo, co-op, whatever. All I ever use are In plain sight, Stock Power, sword flay, anywhere but here, and alchemical Antithesis. 

So to me, I have no problem with COD points in zombies. 

Nieno69    126

I agree with you that if you dont want to buy cod points you dont have to but if you can spare the money why not.... 

But dashboarding is not ok... Either way solo or public... if it's a ranking game where you get XP and liquid divinium...

If you play unranked/offline you sure  can do what you want

That's my opinion on that. . 

If they dont remove dashboarding they can  delete the liquid Divinium and let you unlock the Mega gumballs

But again : Just my opinion on that 

Awards

Nieno69    126
1 minute ago, Chopper said:

@Nieno69 Can I ask why you don't believe DB is ok in a solo game?

Because the System with the liquid Divinium - you play - get liquids - get gg- use gg-get liquids- get gg.... 

Further While you are playing you get xp and rank up too

Why you should get liquids if you dont need them because you are dashboarding?

I got 5 (4 from the slots and the first you get automatically) perkaholics so far... 

I never used them because I never got in a serious game where you could need it...

I nearly complete the gg challenges (miss 9 phoenix up revives and 80 burnouts) 

If you are dashboarding this is no challenge anymore? (Im not sure if you get the challenge points if you are db..i'm just assuming it for now)

Further if you get the gg" give me 5" you get the points to open all doors and buy jug without struggling about round 4 

If you only want to play for fun you could do e.g a non ranked game 

Awards

Chopper    188

@Nieno69 I respect your opinion mate.  There's a couple of things though that I feel you are missing from my point.

Let's say I want to race to 100 for a quick full prestige (around 5 hours).  My exact strategy would be.

Get Perkaholic.  Buy RK5.  Get WallPower.  Buy VMP from wall.  Get Immolation Liquidation.  Get Haymaker or Brecci to replace RK5, get monkeys.

This will get me to round 30 in like 35 minutes.  If I was to do it offline it would take a significant time to do the same thing.  For a start, you have to sacrifice Mule Kick which makes the rounds more fun and quicker.  You also have to get massive luck from the box and get monkeys and your shotgun from it before it moves.  I don't want that hassle at the start of a game.

I've done both SOE and DE offline to round 100.  I'm happy with those accomplishments.  That doesn't mean I want to do every game like that.

By DB the only thing you lose is XP/divinium for the round you are on.  So if I DB at the end of round 100, I still get everything I had received up to the end of round 99.

Another thing is that I don't believe all divinium are created equally.  I have around 16 perkaholics across my 3 systems, and all but 2 of those came from purchased COD points.  I'm pretty sure I've obtained close to the same amount of divinium as earnt rather than purchased, yet my success rate in getting perkaholics from earnt divinium is nowhere near the same as purchased.

That's not tried and tested, just a feeling I have from all the time I have played the game.

I don't need divinium or gums, but I want them.  The only gums I use are Perkaholic, Wall Power and Immolation.  I have 4 perkaholics on my main system, and 40+ of the other 2.  I would have no problem using wall power and immolation, as I will gain those back at the same rate I lose them.  Perkaholic is entirely different, no-way I am losing any of those in a system which I believe isn't fair or equal.

To finish, yes playing with DB is slightly less challenging than playing without, but I've done all my challenging stuff in zombies, will continue to play each new map offline to 100 at least once and then return to what I'm describing above.  I don't feel I'm cheating anyone, including myself.

Nieno69    126
5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

@Chopper

I understand your point

But I think That's the point: if you pay money you should get advantage 

So if you pay you getting more likely  perkaholic - if you play normal you have less Chance to it...

This DB makes it to people who pays to a disadvantage...

They decided to have "more fun" and "easier games" -like you stated- for money and that's what they should get...

With dashboarding everyone get this advantage...

To finish this: this is my opinion ... I think everyone should get his own so if you like DB do it if you dont like it dont do it...

I think they close  this backdoor to Safe gg in the next Patch either way

• Like 1

Awards

DaveLo07    172

I feel like I should comment, seeing as I had quite a strong opinion on it yesterday. I'm aware that I have disagreed with you on quite a few of these grey areas in BO3, Chopper, but it has nothing to do with disliking you or not respecting your opinion, I just disagree.

The reason I said what I did yesterday, is because I think it matters when it comes to the forums and YouTube that we don't promote anything that tarnishes public lobbies, and things like this make them even more unplayable than they already are. I also agree with @Nieno69, that offline I couldn't give a monkey's how anyone plays the game. 

I recently added someone who I like, who dashboards. And know a few people who do it. It's not something I like or would do myself, but it is not something I am willing to fall out over with someone I enjoy playing with (although as of yet I have not had a friend try it in a game with myself so don't know how I would react to that, depending on the circumstances). I don't see it in the same bracket as glitching. But to play devil's advocate, if you are using this in ranked games you are on some level boosting. I know that's not your intention, and I'm sure you could be whatever rank you desired without the need to do so, but it is still the byproduct of the way you are playing the game. You are progressing through rounds quicker, gaining more xp, and levelling up quicker through using an exploit in the game (again, not stating that is your intention). This is the potential advantage cod points are giving in zombies. 

As for working a 12 hour shift and 3 hit downs, it's kind of irrelevant to the debate, and I don't mean that in a dismissive or disprectful way. Most people work hard and have other commitments outside of the game. I'm sure some people work a long shift and don't want to go down at all so sit in a glitch. Doesnt mean people have to like it, but I do get the point that you can play the game however you like. 

I have never DB to save my Gobblegums and probably never will. I have lost precious perkaholics early in games and it does get frustrating but I try not to focus on the gumballs too much anyway because I think they have in some way ruined zombies for me. So many of them are features you could once get in-game but now need to rely on RNG to bless you with these specific GG's which was obviously only designed with the intention of making money via micro-transactions.

I believe those who DB in public games to save their GG's are trash but I blame ATVI & 3Arc for creating this system in the first place. People who do it in solo or private co-op games I have no issue with. It's their game so they can do as they wish but doing it in public games is beyond pathetic. I might have been more vocal about this subject if I cared enough but I really feel that, although fun to play still, Black Ops 3 zombies is somewhat ruined by these GG's so I don't play it much anymore. Pretty much just do the EE's then give up on the maps for the most part. Der Eisendrache is the only map I have truly enjoyed as well so hopefully better maps release and I can get back into it but yeah... GG's are a horrible inclusion for me personally.

• Like 1

I don't like how it's possible GG will replace aspects like perk-bottles and the uses of PHD flopper and such. 

Then again, I'm not going to give 2 shiz when custom zombies comes out. 

I wonder if we can mod GG into the game too... I imagine only classic GG however. 

• Like 1

Chopper    188

@DaveLo07 the day i dislike someone simply because we have a different opinion on something is the day i become an arsehole. I cant disagree with any of your points, especially potentially encouraging this behaviour.  As you say, its all about playing the gane the way you want.

@DeathBringerZen its sad its become like this mate. Im just trying to make the best of the situation treyarch have created. If i played a straight pub game id not run perkaholic and use unquenchable instead. Its just perkaholic is so nice to ger on round 3, i cant get away from it!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Its just perkaholic is so nice to ger on round 3, i cant get away from it!

In using the perkaholic, you've become a perkaholicholic, and if you were a douche frat boy, you'd be hella perkaholicholic. And if you were diseased you'd have hella perkaholicholic colic. If it was red and in your throat and you were a prostitute you'd have hella perkaholicholic harlot scarlet colic . 

DaveLo07    172

@Chopper I really enjoy discussing things with people who have a different opinion than my own, just didn't want you to think I was picking at your posts. Intent is sometimes hard to read on the web.

@Deathbringerzen I feel the same way, but have gone in the complete opposite direction with BO3. While there are many negative aspects to the game, I feel like this is my first true zombies experience. I was late to the party with BO2 and not really good enough to play rounds/complete easter eggs when DLC were released, and even later to the party when I went back to play BO1. I'm determined to savour every game with BO3 and play as much as possible, because the game is lacking in longevity (can't see much replay value to the maps once final dlc has been and gone) and it honestly feels like the game mode is declining fast. This feels like the final chapter in zombies for me, I can't see the appeal still being there in 3 years time or whenever the next cod zombies experience is due.

• Like 1

Koslans    39

I approve of capitalism. if someone want to buy the gumballs to have quick access to gumballs they want, there is nothing wrong with it right? 

I can't be bothered myself, I don't use perkaholics because of mulekick. Or on the house. Or even ... I do enjoy getting the power-up ones like double points and carpenters, but you get them after pretty much every game. Especially now that the ceiling cap has been removed on the Divinium stuff. 

2 hours ago, DaveLo07 said:

This feels like the final chapter in zombies for me, I can't see the appeal still being there in 3 years time or whenever the next cod zombies experience is due.

Yeah, it's strange to say it but I feel like this could be my last CoD zombies as well. I have been playing since WaW and religiously since BO1 (day one) and the game-mode has lost it in my opinion. For a start the maps are far too easy, especially with the silly double PaP feature that turns most guns into WW's. I basically stopped using the double PaP feature on The Giant and DE to give me a bit more of a challenge but the maps are still too easy.

I still enjoy doing EE's but the PS4 exclusivity thing has ruined that for me also as when I even went into DE blind most of my team-mates had checked up on stuff so the experience was ruined. The GobbleGums are just a depressing addition though that have taken away enjoyable aspects of what you can do in maps and made them a cash in. As I previously mentioned though I tend to just ignore the GG's for the most part but even without them zombies has become so dumbed down that if you are even half decent then you are going to walk to high rounds without issue. It's a shame.

Koslans    39

I pretty never much pap since bo3, although it's nice for it to be in the game right? The same can be said for gumballs. I think it's tons of fun to hit three carpenters in a row. Especially if there is a double points boost going on. 

I agree they could make the maps a bit harder and the ' easter egg steps'  a bit less tedious. The shared inventory on Shadows is very nice. Less waiting for other people. If we could feed a group of zombies to the dragon, that would be much appreciated. 

(or make the dragons available after round 25)

Considering how hard you have to work or how much you have to pay to get hold of the ultra rares like Perkaholic, I say DBing is fair game. I do it unashamedly, be it solo or co-op. Until we start getting MUCH more LDs or CoD points for our money, I will DB and won't look down on anyone who does otherwise. I don't care for leaderboard scores so I'm not arsed about losing them, it's not as if I ever get into serious co-op high round games these days. That said, I never DB as soon as I lose a Perkaholic, just when the Game Over screen comes up.

On a related note, I found a use for my huge collection of Aftertaste today - if I'm doing a running strategy (say Dead Wire in the first room of The Giant) then ammo is going to be no issue where I'm buying wall ammo (but I'll still have Alchemical and Cache Back in my arsenal anyway) and I have Perkaholic and Aftertaste in my arsenal. At the end of every round I'll hit the Gobblegum machine and see if I can get Aftertaste, even if I already have it as it then resets the 3-round count. If I go down I'll then have all my perks besides QR which makes getting back up and back in the game easy, then I'll just continue hitting the machine each round (maybe even twice a round at this point) until I get another Perkaholic and get my QR back, at which point I'll carry on as before and trying for an Aftertaste each round. Good for running fast and risky strategies or if you just suck and go down quite a lot.

I only have a few Perkaholics but I guess even then this does have some slight abuse potential as you could just buy 4 perks to start with, then once you've bought all your QRs you can start using Perkaholics for more (have tried, can confirm does work) and potentially have tonnes of QRs.

Of course, if I couldn't DB then the above wouldn't be an option!

Edited by ZombiesAteMyPizza!

8 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I don't like how it's possible GG will replace aspects like perk-bottles and the uses of PHD flopper and such. 

Then again, I'm not going to give 2 shiz when custom zombies comes out. 

I wonder if we can mod GG into the game too... I imagine only classic GG however. 

It's already possible to mod Mega GG into Classic GG so you have an infinite supply, of course illegitimately and is VAC bannable but it's just a case of replacing values. Obviously if it were part of a legitimately installed mod then the possibility of being banned for it would be non existent.