1 MAJOR Flaw, that should be fixed ASAP!

So as we are all well aware in Der Eisendrache, you have to Bind to a specific "Bow Upgrade Quest".

While this may work in Co-Op, I find it rather redundant & VERY time consuming on Solo.

Seriously it reminds me of SoE where in Solo you could carry all the Ritual Items & Gateworms, except in Co-Op, it was dependent upon who actually picked up that specific item. That was until the most recent patch where they made Co-Op use the same shared inventory.

________

Why in the F**K didn't Treyarch make this same change for Der Eisendrache, especially on Solo. I know to most people it don't matter because you play Online.

However, for someone like me it really sucks, and honestly I can't stand the Map. Every game is the exact same, acquire 7,500 points by the end of Round 3, save 1 Zombie and begin doing the Rocket Pad exploit, for the next 3-4 hrs upgrading every single F*****G Bow.

Then to make it to the phase where you Summon the Keepers Ghost, to die by the mass amount of Hellhounds that can bite you in the ass 5x in less than 2 seconds, because your too busy running back-n-forth trying to figure out which Bow you actually need next.

________

Seriously I don't even know what to think anymore, I used to be the biggest fan (& I still am) it's just sad that now unlike previous titles the Internet is a requirement to actually enjoy the Game Mode (Perkaholic... Easier Easter Egg...).

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to play with a friend that used his cell phones hotspot to play.  Granted, it was not the best connection, but it worked rather well for a while.  Have you explored this option as a now and then solution to the problem???

I feel your pain:000078:

But you can get all bows and and keeper rounds about round 20-25... 

You dont have to wait for the rocket to dublicate zombies?

I think it's to complex to do 4 bow steps together with one person... how should the game know what it should do? (Drop a symbol for void or collect souls for dog / firecircles)...

For the running back & forth... doesnt the game Show you which bow is needed offline?... 

22 minutes ago, JJMFP said:

I used to play with a friend that used his cell phones hotspot to play.  Granted, it was not the best connection, but it worked rather well for a while.  Have you explored this option as a now and then solution to the problem???

I feel your pain:000078:

Yea I've thought about it, I just wasn't really sure it would work on Current Gen. I'm also sure my Hotspot would be limited to 4gb or 8gb, how long would that actually last though.

10 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

But you can get all bows and and keeper rounds about round 20-25... 

You dont have to wait for the rocket to dublicate zombies?

I think it's to complex to do 4 bow steps together with one person... how should the game know what it should do? (Drop a symbol for void or collect souls for dog / firecircles)...

For the running back & forth... doesnt the game Show you which bow is needed offline?... 

You have to use all 4 Bows offline. If your not following the Wolf then you should be collecting "Apothicon Symbols". If your not standing in one of the Fire Rings or near an Electrical Urn you should be collecting "Apothicon Symbols". Honestly it's a very simple fix they could easily implement into the game.

Waiting until that late in the game is hard offline as you don't have access to but 4 Perks, and most of the time Widows Wine is not one of them. The Hell Hounds is what makes it hard, because they begin spawning in 2 & 3 at a time every time you kill one. 

The Void Bow is what I find to be the Hardest because the rate in which it kills is terrible. Also I may be doing the step wrong, but do you have to kill every Zombie that round in the circle with an Upgraded Bow, or can you get kills using other weapons as well. That's probably what kills me the most, trying to constantly use the Bows.

1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

You have to use all 4 Bows offline. If your not following the Wolf then you should be collecting "Apothicon Symbols". If your not standing in one of the Fire Rings or near an Electrical Urn you should be collecting "Apothicon Symbols". Honestly it's a very simple fix they could easily implement into the game.

Waiting until that late in the game is hard offline as you don't have access to but 4 Perks, and most of the time Widows Wine is not one of them. The Hell Hounds is what makes it hard, because they begin spawning in 2 & 3 at a time every time you kill one. 

The Void Bow is what I find to be the Hardest because the rate in which it kills is terrible. Also I may be doing the step wrong, but do you have to kill every Zombie that round in the circle with an Upgraded Bow, or can you get kills using other weapons as well. That's probably what kills me the most, trying to constantly use the Bows.

Upgrade all bows should be the easy step... So your Problem are the dogs and get the kill for the keeper...

You need to stand inside the circle and kill Zombies with the bow- they dont need to are near you/ in the circle themself ...so all zombies you kill while standing inside the circle count ...

I never use more than 4 perks because you dont need them...

Use alchemical if you have trouble during this step and just shoot like hell....

I dont know how much you need to kill but in all my games the keeper only change Position when a round ends...

With alchemical this should not be a problem anymore...

13 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

Upgrade all bows should be the easy step... So your Problem are the dogs and get the kill for the keeper...

You need to stand inside the circle and kill Zombies with the bow- they dont need to are near you/ in the circle themself ...so all zombies you kill while standing inside the circle count ...

I never use more than 4 perks because you dont need them...

Use alchemical if you have trouble during this step and just shoot like hell....

I dont know how much you need to kill but in all my games the keeper only change Position when a round ends...

With alchemical this should not be a problem anymore...

Haha brilliant, I completely forgot about Alchemical Antithesis for using the Void Bow & The Spirit Bow. I'm normally so damn focused on getting Danger Close, I don't worry about any of the other G.G.

I guess if I had internet and could use better G.G. than the crappy Classics they allow you to use, I would be more accustomed to actually using them. I believe I average 1 maybe 2 per Game.

Why do you feel the need to do the easter egg each and every time you play, though? A typical Eisendrache solo game for me (even though I've only done a few proper ones) is get the storm bow, get wall weapons with Dead Wire and then get to the highest round I can/can be bothered to get to. If you pursue a lengthy easter egg each time you play, I can see how that'd get boring.

1 hour ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Why do you feel the need to do the easter egg each and every time you play, though? A typical Eisendrache solo game for me (even though I've only done a few proper ones) is get the storm bow, get wall weapons with Dead Wire and then get to the highest round I can/can be bothered to get to. If you pursue a lengthy easter egg each time you play, I can see how that'd get boring.

Because I want to complete it before the next map becomes available. For me that's the main thing I go for, once that's been achieved then I'll worry about trying to hit 100+ on said map.

______

Not too mention how satisfying it is to actually complete the Main Quest on Solo. The only thing that's giving me trouble is having to trade out the Bow, go find the next one figure out which one I need, going back and grabbing it, then going back to the circle.

Edited by Ragdo11706
15 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

@Ragdo11706 are you sure the game itself doesnt Show you which bow you need? A shaded color will lit up... (blue ,red).... in the screen if you enter the circle at the keeper

Keep an eye open for that 

Yea but what I'm saying is, for example. 

First circle is Purple, ok well I'm definitely not holding that, so now I've got to make my way back to the Undercroft, grab the Void Bow, make my way back to the circle and kill. 

Next Round starts, I have to follow the Keeper to whichever Circle he decides to go to, we what color that is, go back to the Undercroft, grab the correct Bow, and make my way back once again & kill.

Third Round, now I've got 2 Bows to choose from, either I'm going to get it right or wrong guessing. Either way I've got to go back to the Undercroft grab a Bow, hope it's the right one and find the Circle.

All of this while 3 Hell Hounds are biting my fucking ankles the entire time, it's just ridiculous. Even with Stamin-Up you hardly out run them.

honestly i dont mean to sound insensitive but. its 2016 bro u need to get yourself some internet i know guys in the middle of the alaskan wilderness with high speed cable lol not hatin i know people have complex situations and finacial issues but if u want the best z experience your losing out heavy man with the addition of the gobblegums and the new patch meaning u can spin it more then once your really at a disadvantage anyway please dont take this the wrong way  just sayin there are a couple ways to get internet even in remote or obscure places happy huntin homies and be safe out there!

3 hours ago, floppercopter said:

honestly i dont mean to sound insensitive but. its 2016 bro u need to get yourself some internet i know guys in the middle of the alaskan wilderness with high speed cable lol not hatin i know people have complex situations and finacial issues but if u want the best z experience your losing out heavy man with the addition of the gobblegums and the new patch meaning u can spin it more then once your really at a disadvantage anyway please dont take this the wrong way  just sayin there are a couple ways to get internet even in remote or obscure places happy huntin homies and be safe out there!

Where I live at, Internet is not available, except for Satellite, and it's limited to like 10gb per month, with a d/l speed of 5-10mbps & an upload speed of 1mbps for $125/month.

That's purely a rip-off and simply not even worth it. I can afford it, I'm just not that desperate, as I don't need Perkaholics to take me to Round 100+. I've been doing that just fine for years now.

_________

So even though it's 2016, you would be surprised at the number of people who literally don't have internet access, because of where they live, cable companies don't want to spend all that money running Cable Lines for a hundred people or so. 

@floppercopter and @Ragdo11706

It really is not that uncommon.  I live in a pretty decent sized city in Florida and my Uncles house can only get internet/cable from satellite or phone line.  Do you know how shitty phone line internet is???  Even still, Ragdo11706, sure beats not playing with online with friends.

Is a phone company offering anything??? 

20 minutes ago, JJMFP said:

$120 dollars a month just for internet with only 15mbps download and 2mbps upload.  RIP OFF!!!!! 

I looked them up.  I can see why you don't.

Exactly, and I'm pretty sure where I live it's 10⬇ 1⬆, for the exact same price.

_______

Does anyone know in the most recent patch, being they fixed a ton of shit & fine tuned a lot of different things, if maybe by chance they fixed the Solo offline Quest.

Holy Crap Ragdo, Im so glad I read through the thread...I was going to give you the obligatory "Suck it Up" but damn your internet situation is tough, I thought mine was bad living in the middle of the pacific ocean, but we got some legit crazy speeds that help, but our latency no matter how you look at it, is the pits.

Any ways bro, I do hope you have a chance to work the net thing out.  As for the Easter Egg situation I completely understand, I think now, we have to reserve the fact the TreyArch is setting up the game/EE more difficult i.e. 4player E.E. to keep players active and enticed.   While it blows for solo, the intent most likely was for 4 players.  I know before they did either one, where there was 2 types of EE for solo and co-op,  But with all these steps...this one specifically was a 4 player op.

@Exactice_808

Thanx man.

As long as your playing Solo in a Ranked game, once you get to the "Ghost Keeper" phase, you'll only have to use as many Bows as there are players unless you've upgraded more than 1. 

It only affects unranked games whereas the game registers people can Jump in & out. However, I feel like on Local, this shouldn't be an issue for Solo. Being you can't have people jumping in & out.

Just now, Ragdo11706 said:

@Exactice_808

Thanx man.

As long as your playing Solo in a Ranked game, once you get to the "Ghost Keeper" phase, you'll only have to use as many Bows as there are players unless you've upgraded more than 1. 

It only affects unranked games whereas the game registers people can Jump in & out. However, I feel like on Local, this shouldn't be an issue for Solo. Being you can't have people jumping in & out.

OH, LOL Crap I did not know that..... Holy smokes, Ok well at least they threw a bone for the ranked games.........

I guess though that makes sense then for the un-ranked game, if you started with 1 and have the bow steps done but 3 others jump in right before the boss stage and complete the EE.

PS if you do a solo unranked and complete the EE do you get the completed challenge?

6 hours ago, Exactice_808 said:

PS if you do a solo unranked and complete the EE do you get the completed challenge?

I'm not sure, I always end up dying during 1 of the 4 circles for the Keepers Spirit, simply because of the stupid ass Hell Hounds spawning in 3 at a time & having to run back and forth to see what Bow I need, then having to go grab it & making it back to the circle.