NaBrZHunter

"Direct experience is an evasion; a hiding place for those without any imagination..."

NaBrZHunter    488

"Direct experience is an evasion; a hiding place for those without any imagination.To narrate is to create, while to live is merely to be lived."

-Fernando Pessoa

How does this apply to zombies? One word: Radios

Make what you will of that. :)

I assume by this you mean that whatever we hear in Radios could be completely fabricated, unless we have proof that event took place? I was thinking about this a long time ago and posing the idea that some radios could literally be made to mislead us and the characters have purposely recorded them to do so. Except for of course a certain few, such as the one in the Giant about Maxis and Sam being teleported (we see that scene in at least one dimension so it is safe to say it happened) and the one with Groph informing Richtofen protocol 935 (again, it is out of order of the other one but it is safe to assume it happened).

If not what do you mean? Another view I could take is that the radios tell a larger story than we think, especially the ones in BO3?

NaBrZHunter    488
25 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I assume by this you mean that whatever we hear in Radios could be completely fabricated, unless we have proof that event took place? I was thinking about this a long time ago and posing the idea that some radios could literally be made to mislead us and the characters have purposely recorded them to do so. Except for of course a certain few, such as the one in the Giant about Maxis and Sam being teleported (we see that scene in at least one dimension so it is safe to say it happened) and the one with Groph informing Richtofen protocol 935 (again, it is out of order of the other one but it is safe to assume it happened).

If not what do you mean? Another view I could take is that the radios tell a larger story than we think, especially the ones in BO3?

You're close with your second guess. My thinking is that the radios tell a richer story than complex, involved quests with known and concrete outcomes because they leave so much to the imagination. Not that EE side quests leave NOTHING to the imagination, but that in the end, the radios are the richest source of information we have to date and their influence should never been understated or undervalued.

anonymous    324
2 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

"Direct experience is an evasion; a hiding place for those without any imagination.To narrate is to create, while to live is merely to be lived."

-Fernando Pessoa

How does this apply to zombies? One word: Radios

Make what you will of that. :)

Well said, I think you know what you mean and I agree. Radios let us use our imagination, the cutscenes dont. And I like the first one more. Are there no radios in DE?

Awards

Tac    462
6 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Well said, I think you know what you mean and I agree. Radios let us use our imagination, the cutscenes dont. And I like the first one more. Are there no radios in DE?

There are, they should all be in my signature.

NaBrZHunter    488
55 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Yep, like Tac said, he's got you covered. But when I last addressed the fact that some people these days tend to think that a map has to have a big EE to be a part of the story, I got a lot of people downtalking the radios, saying they didn't tell very much of the story, they were boring, and in general acting like Zombies could do without them. Which was downright sad. This quote reminded me of why they were such a big deal. 

• Like 1

anonymous    324
15 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Yep, like Tac said, he's got you covered. But when I last addressed the fact that some people these days tend to think that a map has to have a big EE to be a part of the story, I got a lot of people downtalking the radios, saying they didn't tell very much of the story, they were boring, and in general acting like Zombies could do without them. Which was downright sad. This quote reminded me of why they were such a big deal. 

The radios are the basics of zombies. They funded the story and many theories. If there were no radios, there probably wouldnt be big easter eggs nowadays.

• Like 1

Awards

NaBrZHunter    488
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

The radios are the basics of zombies. They funded the story and many theories. If there were no radios, there probably wouldnt be big easter eggs nowadays.

Exactly. And while EEs are fun and awesome, the radios are still, in my opinion, the best source for story material because they bring factors into the story, while leaving some things open ended, and up for speculation, hence, imagination. 

12 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Exactly. And while EEs are fun and awesome, the radios are still, in my opinion, the best source for story material because they bring factors into the story, while leaving some things open ended, and up for speculation, hence, imagination. 

No offense but we have known this since World at War. so I am not sure what point you are trying to get across, other than the obvious?

NaBrZHunter    488
1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

No offense but we have known this since World at War. so I am not sure what point you are trying to get across, other than the obvious?

Yeah, just stating the obvious-at least, what's obvious to us veterans, man. You'd be surprised how many n00bs (not referring to any CoDZers) don't seem to understand what a huge role radios played in developing the story. 

2 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Yeah, just stating the obvious-at least, what's obvious to us veterans, man. You'd be surprised how many n00bs (not referring to any CoDZers) don't seem to understand what a huge role radios played in developing the story. 

You know what? I saw a guy saying that he didn't know why but a radio activated randomly while rebuilding a barrier (the one in the Giant up near the catwalk) and his description of the radio wasn't even close. It is like people hear snippets and are like "ok it says this, what does it mean?" when its completely wrong and like it would be easy to see what it means if they had actually thought about it.

NaBrZHunter    488
6 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

You know what? I saw a guy saying that he didn't know why but a radio activated randomly while rebuilding a barrier (the one in the Giant up near the catwalk) and his description of the radio wasn't even close. It is like people hear snippets and are like "ok it says this, what does it mean?" when its completely wrong and like it would be easy to see what it means if they had actually thought about it.

My point exactly, man. Everyone is trying to shoot shit with wonder weapons, activate stuff, find 'steps,' and whatnot, but most folks don't even know where the radios are, much less what is said or what they mean. Someone on Reddit was basically telling me they "aren't interested in just 'standing around' listening to radios" as if there is nothing to them. 

Okay, I definitely now see how relevant this post is. I haven't seen a single YouTuber cover the Der Eisendrache radios. Do you know how interesting they are? Groph takes control of 935 in the same way Richtofen had! There is so much too it that is interesting.

anonymous    324

I just listened to the radios from DE, and they are interesting. In one you hear dr. Groph speaking about a big discovery the 9th division made, a big weapon the Germans can use in their fight at the eastfront, against Russia. Now, the 9th division has connections with Japan, Shi No Numa, and probably with Nam Madol too. We guess that DLC 3 will be Stalingrad, due to the coordinates. But the battle of Stalingrad is in 1943, while The Giant/ Der Eisendrache are in 1945. In another radio dr. Groph says that he thinks the Der Riese facility, in Breslau, east Germany is in the allied hands. You know east Germany was captured by the Russians. So if its 1945, after the battle of Stalingrad in the Sovjet Union, and the Russians are already in Poland, possible even in Germany, why could there be a map in Stalingrad? Either they found a way to travel BACK in time, which is something new, because the MTD can only travel forward, this could be the "big discovery" of division 9. Or the Germans used the discovery of the 9th division against Russia, and fought their way back to Stalingrad: A second battle of Stalingrad.

Awards