EndZ-_-ST0RM

Make Zombies great again.

I miss the good old days when COD zombies was scary. Now there is just sooooo many things to do just to set up for the rest of the game. I miss the days when all you had to do was SURVIVE. No genorators, no rituals, and just no set up at all. Zombies used to be about surviving, not spending an hour setting up just to be able to get passed round 15. 

Now, speaking of scary, remember on verruckt when all you heard were screams, and all you saw was blood and pain. The manikin with all the knifes stuck in it, or the one that hung itself? That was scary. What about the Easter egg with the guy screaming on the dentist chair?

you would think that Treyarch would have learned after this many years, but nope, they just keep getting worse and worse. In fact I REFUSE to call Shadows of Evil a COD Zombies map. It is just sooooo bad that I won't let it ruin the good name of zombies. 

Like, how can the first zombies map be better than the most recent one? Nacht was literally bare bones compared to recent maps. Which is exactly why it is better.

Please......Keep it simple. <3 :414:

WE WILL BUILD A WALL! AND MAKE THE ZOMBIES PAY FOR IT! 

On a more serious note: Don't vote HIllary Clinton. 

On a more RELATED note: Zombies evolves. But look forward to the mod tools which are right around the corner!

Rissole25    378

I mean. It's all up to opinion. I would be incredibly bored if every map kept it simple like Nacht/the WaW maps. I like the variety in map choices. I can choose something simple, something complicated, something big, something small, etc. It's why I don't hate any zombies map, there are just some I prefer over others.

And also I'm a big sucker for the noire/mobsters theme in Shadows. The soundtrack alone is enough to keep me coming back to the map.

• Like 2

I used to be scared to play solo zombies, and I would jump a mile when getting hit from behind, but I think that's because I was younger.

Nacht, verruct etc were probably great at the time (didn't start properly until bo1) but zombies has evolved and if the new maps were like that I would be dissapointed and bored quickly. Even maps like kino and ascension are becoming boring for me. I played them recently and they were just not as enjoyable like they were 5 years ago, but I would like to see remakes as bonus dlc. As said above, I like the variety and being able to just play a simple map when I feel like it on the same game, would be nice.

• Like 1

Awards

83457    263

I wish that one of these maps would be a set of 3 survival maps instead of 1 convoluted map (I like them also, but want a mix of both).

Also, could you guys actually finish a game before you release it? 

Between BO3 and AW, this has been a pretty pathetic showing of 'professional' workmanship.

Edited by 83457
M

Koslans    39

Well, you do not HAVE to 'set up' for high rounds. You don't have to do all the rituals. You don't have to get swords and locate secret stuff. 

You could just buy a wallgun and Jugg and double tap if you want to and shoot zombies and run traps. 

EDIT: apart from the theme you may, or may not like, the map itself is good.

Edited by Koslans

I agree with Koslans. You don't have to do what you don't want to. I mean besides unlocking PAP, which given, is a hassle in SOE, you don't have to do anything else. 

Koslans    39

I usually don't even play longer than round 30, so I find myself opening the pap and I don't even use it, lol. 

I like doing the rituals for some reason. I think it's the 500 points and the extra Margwa that make it appealing for me. 

jiipee95    37

I actually like that you have things to do in zombie nowadays. But I also like sometimes just to play survival without having to think about buildables, wonder weapons, etc.. 

And IMO The Giant in BO3 is great for that, but I'd like to get one other simpler map too in the dlc, but then again I'm just curious how cool things Treyarch have for us in these larger and more complicated maps :D 

Awards

Ragdo11706    363

I'm not sure about you guys/gals, those silent Ninja Zombies that come up behind me and B***h-Smack the taste out my mouth, makes me jump every time.

I've been playing Zombies since W@W, and to this day when a new map is released & I'm unfamiliar with it, I still get freaked the F**K out.

________

Yea, I do feel like every time I play Der Eisendrache, I spend the first 2 hours on Round 3 getting the Bow Quests finished.

However, now that I've finally completed the Main Quest, I feel as if I'll be able to start playing a lot differently. Being able to keep certain doors closed to run specific strats.

I like the complexity of the maps now, it makes them have a lot more replayability to them. The amount of different strategies you can run is insane, especially with Alternate Ammo Types & GobbleGums.

I was very happy with Der Eisendrache. Its the first map in a while that you can just play like the old WaW/BO1 maps. Save money, open doors, flip a switch, buys perks, and hit PaP. Simply doing that will let you play a good game to rounds 30-40, or beyond if you want. You don't need to do rituals or get the bows or build anything you don't want to. Its awesome those things are there since they add longevity and depth to the map, but what makes them even better is you can ignore them. My one tiny complaint would be that I wish there was a small but simple step you had to complete before the dragons activated. The fact they activate automatically makes them too obvious and in your face. Would be nice if you had to pick something up or shoot something before they came alive. That way they could be discovered or completely ignored. But I love that this map allowed for simple gameplay. 

I hope this trend continues. Maps like SoE get old real quick when you have to do a bunch of multi step rituals just to turn on PaP. Turning into ghosts or monsters is alright, but not when its a necessity for the basics of a map. Turning on perks and PaP shouldn't require those extra things. Those are the kinds of things that make maps annoying for hardcore players and keep casual gamers away. All my old friends who used to love playing splitscreen zombies with me refuse to play anymore since the maps seem like too much work rather than just killing zombies. So I hope these next few DLCs try to stick to the Der Eisendrache formula and let you play basic old school style if you want to. This makes finding the new hidden things all that much better rather than forcing them on us. 

Awards

Koslans    39

Thank you. You have a fair understanding of what players actually want. 

I've heard they made the ritual thing a shared inventory these days. So that's good news. I hope we can feed the dragon a whole train someday. Getting to round 5 should not take 20 minutes. Screw the bow, lol. The maps themselves are very good though. It's just that being forced to play so darn slow is beyond annoying. 

It's not that slow after you get the bow. Even then it's easy to weed out early on who's going to be the team player and who's going to be a little SH***

• Like 1