Anyway to guarentee the wonder weapon parts to drop?

So today I find myself on round 26, not having downed yet, just trying to make it through the rounds so that I can get the last wonder weapon piece, the one that drops from the flies or the balls. Does anyone else have to wait this long or have this problem? It tends to happen like way more often than just coincidence, to me anyway. Almost every game it takes forever to get all the pieces, atleast 20 rounds of not more.

So is there anyway to counteract this, and get the pieces to drop earlier? That game ended that round because I was getting frustrated and made a dumb error, so I just quit and called it a day.

Its just frustrating having to play like 40 minutes after I already have the rest of my set up (lil arnies, PaP'ed wall gun with turned, shield, perks, civil protector, Bowie, etc) and not get the drops I need to get to the next step.

15 minutes ago, liamcurtis1718 said:

since the xenomatter spawns randomly, could be round 14 or 30, best way to make it spawn is the flag step

where you get infinite balls and just camp outside neros ritual at the top so you dont get overwhelmed and you should get it

That's genius, thank you. I think that kinda qualifies as exploitation, but its genius

If you want a little more of a legitimate way to go about this, you can pick up Xenomatter from the parasites that spawn from the pods as well. Leave a few to fully mature so you have a chance to pick up the Margwa tentacle and use the Fumigator on the small pods. It really is only luck-based.

What I like to do, since it's not technically an exploit. Once I hit an Elemental/Parasite Round I transform into the Beast & use the grapple move on the Parasites & Elementals. This causes a greater chance in the XenoMatter dropping since your killing them just not technically killing them.

Leave the Margwa Heart till last.

It's my experience that when the game discovers which part is the final one, it holds you back from getting it. But you can always kill a Margwa within 3 rounds of finding the other ingredients.

When searching for Xenomatter, meatballs have a higher drop-rate than Parasites. Make sure you kill the meatballs before they explode on you, otherwise it doesn't count as your having killed it.

When shooting Parasites, do not shoot at any that are over cliffs or unreachable areas. Do not shoot at them while they are zipping from one place to another, but wait till they turret and fire at you.

@Conzul

_____

Does leaving the Margwa Heart, actually affect the rate in which the Pods grow & Xenomatter Drops. 

I wonder if that could possibly be what causes which "Upgrade_Ready" Quote we receive, since "Zornash, Na'Orruja, Zornash" is the most common & chances are we more than likely grabbed the "Heart" from a Margwa that spawned at an Altar, after the second Ritual.

15 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@Conzul

_____

Does leaving the Margwa Heart, actually affect the rate in which the Pods grow & Xenomatter Drops. 

I wonder if that could possibly be what causes which "Upgrade_Ready" Quote we receive, since "Zornash, Na'Orruja, Zornash" is the most common & chances are we more than likely grabbed the "Heart" from a Margwa that spawned at an Altar, after the second Ritual.

In my experience, whichever of the three pieces you leave till last, takes the longest to get. I don't usually leave the Margwa heart till last, but I've noticed that that will "work" if you want to be more sure of building the Servant before 20. I also NEVER harvest pods till round 11 or 12, when they're all purple, so I'm pretty much guarantied the Tentacle on that round. Xenomatter I noticed drops better from meatballs, but I'm not sure if that means anything.

Guess what I'm saying is, that Xenomatter and Tentacle are random/dice-roll ingredients, while the heart is not. So if it's true that the game holds off on the last (it seems like it to me), then save the definite one for last. Because you can definitely get it by killing a Margwa.

Edited by Conzul
  • Like 1

I never touch the Pods either, until they've all become Purple, seems like the most logical way to play.

______

I'm definitely going to have to do some testing on whether or not leaving the "Heart" for the Final piece, will in fact cause the XenoMatter to spawn faster.

Maybe we're supposed to leave the "Heart" for last. Considering we have Traps that use a "Beating Heart" as well as "Gateworms" that have a "Beating Heart". 

What if, once we Kill the Margwa, the "Heart" stays "Beating" for the remainder of the Round, & if you fail to build the "Apothicon Servant" that Round, or fail to have the other 2 items at your disposal, this is your PONR. 

_________

This could also explain why Treyarch added the (Hold X to pick up...) Option, as opposed to the way it's done in Der Eisendrache, where you collect the parts like every other drop.

On 3/26/2016 at 3:33 AM, Ragdo11706 said:

I almost always grab the margwa heart first by round 2 or 3, almost like it's a subconscious thing. Could be something to look into, I never thought the order you grab the pieces could effect the final product

On 3/25/2016 at 8:33 AM, Ragdo11706 said:

I wonder if that could possibly be what causes which we receive, since "Zornash, Na'Orruja, Zornash" is the most common & chances are we more than likely grabbed the "Heart" from a Margwa that spawned at an Altar, after the second Ritual.

so if you got the "heart" at the PAP ritual or when a margwa spawns in normally, the "Upgrade_Ready" Quote could possibly be different?

The answer to all of this, of course, is testing.

Play a bunch of short games, up to the point where you get Upgrade_Ready quote, and then record the results. Make sure to notice the order in which you picked up the 3 ingredients, and which Upgrade Ready Quote you got as well. Make a test group of at least ten runs/games.

It was using this method that I discovered that each character has a specific Apothicon Sword, and therefore a (still untranslated) apothicon hint meant only for them.

If you're doing it right, all mysteries crumble before the scientific method :)  but, you must be relentless.

Edited by Conzul

I mean it kind of makes since. We have 3 parts that form the "Apothicon Servant", as well as 3 Quotes for the "Upgrade_Ready" Quote.

So what if depending on what part you get first leads to which quote you receive. Who really collects the XenoMatter before collecting the other 2 parts beforehand. This could be the, "Zoroth Orotha" Quote, that know one seems to ever be able to achieve.

,________

The only thing I don't understand, if you haven't completed all the "Sacrifices" by the time you build the "Apothicon Servant", once you begin the Ritual, you almost immediately get the "Upgrade_Ready"  as soon as the "Keepers" get near you.

Sometimes i wonder if the roundskipping (shooting shadowman) could be related to something in all of this or would it just be a 'skip the boring rounds' feature.

When i do the roundskip up to round 15 and then when the round starts,  the first parasite that spawns will most likely drop the xenomatter so in this case i get the xenomatter as the first ingredient

7 minutes ago, Akito said:

Sometimes i wonder if the roundskipping (shooting shadowman) could be related to something in all of this or would it just be a 'skip the boring rounds' feature.

When i do the roundskip up to round 15 and then when the round starts,  the first parasite that spawns will most likely drop the xenomatter so in this case i get the xenomatter as the first ingredient

Yea I have often thought the same thing. Again we can do this a total of 3x, putting us at Rounds 5, 10, & 15.

Seems like a pretty pointless Easter Egg, if it is not used for anything.

Ye exactly.. there was i time i thought the roundskipping had anything to do with the purple keepers and meatballs showing up when I was doing the 'kill the shadowman' step on solo but my memory is leaving me in the dark about that atm so can't confirm if this has any relation 

11 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

The only thing I don't understand, if you haven't completed all the "Sacrifices" by the time you build the "Apothicon Servant", once you begin the Ritual, you almost immediately get the "Upgrade_Ready"  as soon as the "Keepers" get near you.

See I've still never had that happen. 

14 minutes ago, Conzul said:

See I've still never had that happen. 

Have you ever waited to complete the rituals until once you've built the "Apothicon Servant". Once you've built it then began completing them. 

Normally on the first one, almost immediately once activated the Quote will trigger. Treyarch had to have coded them to play during this action, unless it was a "Glitch" that has since been fixed.

6 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Have you ever waited to complete the rituals until once you've built the "Apothicon Servant". Once you've built it then began completing them. 

Normally on the first one, almost immediately once activated the Quote will trigger. Treyarch had to have coded them to play during this action, unless it was a "Glitch" that has since been fixed.

Do I have to feed it first or Margwa-contact it first? I've done that once or twice but never heard anything but the screams of the ritual victim.

Edited by Conzul