The Boss Battle Two Tips

• Tech Admin

The boss battle can be the killer of a good game, not being prepared can hurt when you go over. So from numerous attempts, this is my recommendation (and others) for the boss battle.

Tip number one.

Killing_Time_GobbleGum_BO3.png.9807b3818

Just before the last fight with the boss (round 3) when the last of the pandzers have been beaten, release the killing time gumball and hit the boss with everything you have got. Once it runs out the boss will be defeated.

Tip 2

The panders can be a nightmare, you need to be prepared to defeat them - two options exist to get rid quickly.

The plunger from doing the 935 clock step, once you kill the pandzer, the plunger becomes a flaming plunger, one hit kill.

maxresdefault.jpg

Pop Shocks

Pop_Shocks_GobbleGum_BO3.png.b4b042a2e03

It is also advisable if doing co-op to have at least one player with afterlife, if he goes down, prioritise his revive, make sure the afterlife players has quick revive for speedy revives.

Aftertaste_GobbleGum_BO3.png.10bea7d6316

If you have these, then you should be setup and you should find things a little easier.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to take Danger Crossest instead of planning to go down.
Shoot the boss with a shotgun and you will not need killing time, you only need to damage him 3 times... a lot of players are confused on this part.

Edited by boybad

That's the gameplay from our boss run. I was able to get the flaming plunger twice, so it's got a great example of how to use it. For Killing Time, you want to use it for the 3rd phase of shooting the keeper. Without Killing Time, the keeper has too much health to be taken down in one go, which results in more chances to go down in the next wave. It guarantees enough damage to kill him at the end. This video also shows how we utilized killing time

8 hours ago, Smok3y said:

apologies for the ignorance but can you clarify why Killing time should be taken, i have yet to make it to phase 3 so am soaking up as many tips as possible. I have yet to go in with danger closest and that will be my attempt later today.

If you shoot the boss with shotguns, you will completely demolish him, in the video they failed to shoot him in the second round, twice. Also fire bow works better if you let it charge.

I have found the best weapon to use is the PaPd Drakon aka Bahamut with the AAlternate Ammo Type, Dead Wire, along with Double Tap 2.0. 

On solo with this setup you can take out the first phase as well as the second without reloading. They also take care of the Panzers fairly quickly.

8 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

I have found the best weapon to use is the PaPd Drakon aka Bahamut with the AAlternate Ammo Type, Dead Wire, along with Double Tap 2.0. 

On solo with this setup you can take out the first phase as well as the second without reloading. They also take care of the Panzers fairly quickly.

I agree as that was in my final load out for the successful attempt, i feel like it almost trivialized it compared to when i did not do enough damage to him previously, especially the third phase, I'm fairly certain i didn't use an entire clip but my memory escapes me there...

On a side note on my successful attempt (again i could be imagining here) but it seemed my Ragnarok charged a lot faster & no idea how, as this time i stopped killing any skeletons and just kited them. I had fireworks on my drakon, does that help charge them faster?

On 3/24/2016 at 5:31 PM, Ragdo11706 said:

Going to BUMP this post,  Bahamut is Deadly for a specific boss kill, To me its way better than the Ray Gun due to the damage you receive.  The PAP Drakon will make mince meat out of the Panzer and you can spam the hell out of it against the keeper.

7 hours ago, Exactice_808 said:

Going to BUMP this post,  Bahamut is Deadly for a specific boss kill, To me its way better than the Ray Gun due to the damage you receive.  The PAP Drakon will make mince meat out of the Panzer and you can spam the hell out of it against the keeper.

Especially with the Evo Dot site, Fast Mags, Rapid Fire, & Double Tap 2.0. 

Damage wise, hands down the best weapon in the game.

• Tech Admin
10 hours ago, Fuetre said:

If you play coop and do the killing time method, will it take that one time to kill him, or will you need to go another 2 times, depending on the amount of players.

You need to fight him three times, but on the 3rd fight you utilise the killing time gumball and you will kill him on that 3rd round, get the pandzers out of the way first if you can but make sure to utilise the gumball before the boss starts to attack.

8 hours ago, Hells Warrrior said:

You need to fight him three times, but on the 3rd fight you utilise the killing time gumball and you will kill him on that 3rd round, get the pandzers out of the way first if you can but make sure to utilise the gumball before the boss starts to attack.

Im not going to lie...... We must be doing something awfully wrong.  I have NOT completed the EGG yet, due to going to the boss round and never finishing it,  I have fought the boss,  4+ times on numerous occasions. We have done the DG4 step 3+ times to no avail...... We have tried bows.... Ray Guns,  I had the Bahamut and we get wrecked LOL..... So dont know if the 3rd round thing is true our not......maybe we are just bad luck LOL!