Sign in to follow this  
Stop Mocking Me0

On the topic of Vulture's aid:

Many people (at least on Reddit) have come to the conclusion that many perks from BO2 have been forgotten forever, with the wonderfizz and Electric Cherry being the only two to survive. 

While I can't say anything about the Overpowered TOMBSTONE or the disgusting and horrible "Who's Who". Vulture's Aid has a specific reason for NOT returning. (Yet) 

Vulture's Aid was designed as part of Buried, which is possibly the most confined and cramped map to date, with the possible exception of Shangri-la.  The perk it's self is SUPER over-powered, not only supplying ammo and some money benefits as well as visual aid of certain map aspects, but also masking one's self invisible from zombie hordes by hiding in their stench. 

The MAIN problem with Vulture's Aid is the Stench-cloak. Without it, and the paralyzer, buried might have been a particularly harder map. However, another reason it was so helpful in buried was because it was UNDERGROUND (well 90%ish of the map was) and thus, it was impossible to see the box-light beacon, enter the abilities to see through walls. 

Now, if we were to see another map with vulture's aid, it would need to fallow a set amount of requirements: 

-The map would have to be cramped, otherwise the stench is fairly useless as you can just train zombies and the stench would mess that up. 

-The map would have to be underground. Or at least in an area where you can't see the boxlight from any given room, like a large building. Kino, for example, would be a good idea as most of that map is inside, it of course however, has the box-light-board to assist you, similarly to how Five has the television screens. It might also be a good idea to randomize perks so that vulture's aid holds even more purpose. 

Now, we BELIEVE the upcoming map will take place in a water-logged city in Pohnpei. 

(See this thread by Pinnaz, thank you Pinnaz) 

This PERSONALLY would be a good time to re-implement Vultures aid. 

Why? I'll tell you: 

-Nan Madol (where we believe the map to be featured) is foretold to be connected by secret tunnels to the pacific ocean's version of Atlantis: Lemuria (not featured in Pinnaz's thread, but still pretty easy to find on youtube)

So here's my thinking: There will not be a "power switch" in this map, rather, instead, we will be tasked with scouring the SURFACE city of Nan Madol for pieces of scuba gear, then once we find all 3, we can explore the under-water portion of the map: Lemuria, where most of the map takes place. 

-Vulture's aid works by hiding a player in a cloud of stench, however, that would only work if there could possibly be issues of smelling. Under-water there would be no way for the zombies to lose track of you, as they couldn't smell anything, because they're underwater. The stench portion of the perk becomes useless on a majority of the map. 

-Point 2: If the box is underwater, and hence underground,  then there's a good chance we won't be able to see it's beacon from most of the map. Much less the gobble-gum machine. 

-Point 3: Mod tools just went into Alpha from some sources around the net. Don't know who's involved, but the tools are in alpha. Vulture's aid is a CRITICAL thing to be in those mod tools and done right, mainly for it's transparent animations and it's ability to reveal hidden points. It may be too late now, but I for one would GREATLY appreciate if Vulture's aid was in the mod tools. 

No. Tombstone was not overpowered. In fact, it was completely useless on the map it was on. If it were on any of the other maps, it would be perfect. Especially in all of the BO3 maps. It should not even be a perk, it should be a staple feature like in Exo Zombies.

Also Vulture Aid Elixir was overpowered, it was three things in one. Not sure if it will reappear in the next map or not as by your logic, it could be anywhere. But, it coming back with just the sight and ammo would be good in my opinion. I don't care for the green gas. I would like both Tombstone and Vulture Aid not only added to a map but to all maps that have Wunderfizz. I especially want the Giant to update the random perk to be a Wunderfizz machine.

anonymous    323
3 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

No. Tombstone was not overpowered. In fact, it was completely useless on the map it was on.

I think Tombstone was very usefull in TranZit, due to the large size of the map. When someone goes down in farm and you are in town, and when you dont know how the green light teleportation works or when you have bad luck with it, its for that downed person very usefull to not loose your weapons after dead.

And what are the effects of Who's who?

Awards

Oh it was terrible. All it did was make it so if you went down with it, you re-spawned as a clone. The clone spawned randomly within proximity to you. It had no perks, the starting pistol, and all the zombies could stills see you. Basically, getting it meant you would go down twice. If by some miracle you COULD revive yourself however, you'd keep all perks (except who's who) 

Rissole25    378

I think all the perks could still work. I'm still of the opinion that Who's Who should've been in TranZit, and Tombstone should've been in Die Rise because of map layout.

Tombstone's main problem was you would respawn based on where the white/blue/yellow player was, and 4/5 times they would be in a different area to you. In Die Rise, you can get to nearly any area before the power-up disappears.

Who's Who's problem was the shit spawn points and the smallish map. On TranZit, it would be much better because all the areas are open, allow you to train, and each area has a viable wall weapon to kill the horde and revive yourself, or just to survive and let your original body die (sans maybe Bus Depot).

Vulture Aid I think could work if it had some tuning, or if it was just in a closed off map. It would be perfect on "Five", you could only tell where the box was due to the TV's.

1 hour ago, Rissole25 said:

Who's Who's problem was the shit spawn points and the smallish map. On TranZit, it would be much better because all the areas are open, allow you to train, and each area has a viable wall weapon to kill the horde and revive yourself, or just to survive and let your original body die (sans maybe Bus Depot).

Except town. If the box wasn't there, and the bus wasn't there. You were screwed. 

anonymous    323
On ‎19‎-‎3‎-‎2016 at 6:25 AM, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Except town. If the box wasn't there, and the bus wasn't there. You were screwed. 

There is a green lamp. I usually make a portal there and when zombies are overrunning me or when I'm out of ammo, I'll jump in it.

Awards

3 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

F*** KNOWS WHY IT ISN'T 

Is it not next to Speed Cola in the Diner?

5 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Is it not next to Speed Cola in the Diner?

It's not in town however (when playing full Tranzit) 

There's NO guns in town, and it's SUPER annoying if you get spawned back there. 

33 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

It's not in town however (when playing full Tranzit) 

There's NO guns in town, and it's SUPER annoying if you get spawned back there. 

Yes and it should be, like it is in survival. Having no guns in the best area of the map is stupid. The areas only saving grace is Stamin Up, for me.

Koslans    39

How about we get rid of the see-through-walls stuff and all the extra's going on like seeing where the box is and such?

Get rid of the visuals and just let zombies drop cash and ammo. I'd happily buy that perk.