AlphaOmega

Dlc 2: Just an island?

AlphaOmega    42

So as dlc 1 finally reaches its end, its time to start promoting dlc 2. Many people seem to be under the impression that the next map is an island. I will not post any potential spoilers as to the reason why it may be, but just look up blops 3 dlc 2 zombies and most youtubers will give you a detailed explanation of this POSSIBLE next map.

what i would like to address is that this is WAY too simple. I mean, just "some island"? Cmon, i feel treyarch can try a little harder...unless perhaps...

the island was FLOATING. (DUH Duh DUH!)

no but seriously, why not? We've seen that element 115 can in fact be used to nullify gravity in an area. I even remember somewhere that the moon is held up by element 115. So why not an entire island?

the purpose would be two-fold: it would have been the ultimate hiding place for experimentation. On top, we know that we could get there via teleporter OR super charged wunderspheres. Remember that richtofen said thay accidents had caused people to land in some far places. Perhaps one could be used to reach this floating island?

it would also ensure a more "ancient" vibe. Obviously, technology on a flying island stops a bit. Perhaps the warrior race of the Keepers disappeared BECAUSE THE ISLAND LITERALLY LEFT THE EARTH. This would make for a great EE. 

I could also see the reason why group 935 has allies there. If a floating island was weaponized...wwii would have ended much differently.

Its all just thoughts i had. I mean, underwater is cool...but why not make the ee trying to sink the island from the sky? Thatd be even cooler. 

Doppelgänger    150

You bring up some really cool ideas, but honestly I think they should keep it simple. An island would be awesome. Imagine Semper Fi from World at War as a zombies map. That would be incredibly awesome and creepy. Also, remember when Treyarch decided it would be a good idea to put a new kind of natural element into the game? I'm looking at you TranZit...

anonymous    324
1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

Also, remember when Treyarch decided it would be a good idea to put a new kind of natural element into the game? I'm looking at you TranZit...

@Stop Mocking Me0 was talking in his map concept about a flood because of the moon being destroyed. Treyarch could have thought of the effects of no moon too, and this could be a very possible thing in my opinion. I also hope of seeing elements from Shi No Numa back, and somehow I have the feeling that there will.

Awards

Doppelgänger    150

It would be an interesting implementation, I just can't help but think of how it would be able to work. The only other time we really have experienced something to the extent of water was in Moon. It's not exactly the same, but there are the basics. Floating. The need for a breathing apparatus. Also having enough places for swimming to be considered a "useful" or even worthwhile thing to undertake in-game, would imply that there has to be deep enough water to swim in. With that, it would be incredibly easy to outrun the zombies by just swimming around them. On top of that, how would the zombies act and move underwater? There really are just far too many factors coming up that drag this idea down.

Doppelgänger    150

On reflection, I believe there could be a use for water, and that lies in flooded passage ways. Really that would be the only plausible reason for having water on a map. 

On 11/03/2016 at 3:33 PM, Doppelgänger said:

Imagine Semper Fi from World at War as a zombies map.

Shi No Numa was based on Semper Fi ;) Be cool to have something larger scale and use more elements of the island though. That's if the next map is on an island, the YouTube community certainly isn't always right!

Edited by ZombiesAteMyPizza!

Doppelgänger    150
28 minutes ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Shi No Numa was based on Semper Fi ;) Be cool to have something larger scale and use more elements of the island though. That's if the next map is on an island, the YouTube community certainly isn't always right!

Actually the map was based on and used assets from the Multiplayer map Knee Deep. I'm talking about the actual island from the first campaign mission. Beach huts, jungle and bunkers? That would be awesome! 

• Like 1

Well, while I certainly agree that Youtube can never be trusted. The cords we have can be. 
They gave us the location of the giant, and Der Eisendrache (or at least places in the real world similar to them) 

The last two coordinates point towards an island, and a russian facility. Truth be told, we could be heading towards either one, but a lot of emphasis on takeo has been put into the letters on der eisendrache, so the community leans towards it. 

I just prey for zombies water physics to be a thing, that's it, that's all I care about. 

Doppelgänger    150

I honestly doubt we'll see a huge amount of swimming. Gathering what we know of zombies' ability to swim from Call of the Dead, in that they can't, I doubt that they'll have them swim. I do like the idea of swimming, but like I said above I hope they make it possible to swim through flooded tunnels. That would be pretty cool thematically speaking.

Spider3000    140
On 10 March 2016 at 4:17 PM, AlphaOmega said:

what i would like to address is that this is WAY too simple. I mean, just "some island"? Cmon, i feel treyarch can try a little harder...

It isn't just some island though. Pohnpei, the island in question, has ties with the fictional city R'lyeh, where Cthulhu is said to be located.

Awards

5 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

I honestly doubt we'll see a huge amount of swimming. Gathering what we know of zombies' ability to swim from Call of the Dead, in that they can't, I doubt that they'll have them swim. I do like the idea of swimming, but like I said above I hope they make it possible to swim through flooded tunnels. That would be pretty cool thematically speaking.

They can totally swim in COTD, as well as MOTD, as they pop out of water in certain places. We've just never seen them have a water animation because well, it's no use to us. Besides, we've seen zombies exist out on the MOON, if they can survive there, they can survive water. 

Doppelgänger    150
33 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

They can totally swim in COTD, as well as MOTD, as they pop out of water in certain places. We've just never seen them have a water animation because well, it's no use to us. Besides, we've seen zombies exist out on the MOON, if they can survive there, they can survive water. 

In Moon, the zombies show no means of control in their movements. They just float toward you and don't even try and stop themselves. Also in Call of the Dead their only means of getting out of the water in either rising from the ground and walking out of it, or climbing up the ships anchor chains. I'm not talking about swimming in zombies being an impossibility. What I am saying is that you have to take the physiological side into consideration. If we see them as they are in Moon, a place much like being underwater, I'm sure it's safe to conclude that they won't be able to swim. Like I mentioned in my other posts, a lake of the sort would be an almost impossible. Like in Moon, we didn't have incredibly open spaces to float around in because it would be the same story. Incredibly easy to outrun them. A flooded tunnel or small river is the only way I see this being a reality, as you have barely and places to move and the zombies can still have a way to catch you. I'm not bashing your idea. I'm just saying take all aspects into consideration before you become so passionate about an idea.

You could flood (unflood? IDK) a majority of the map with no air. Including the giant biodome area. 

Not to mention der eisendrache's low-gravity chamber. 

NaBrZHunter    488

Naw, they haven't been seen to swim before. As @Doppelgänger said, they just emerge from the water. 

The animation isn't the problem. It's that zombies on the moon made some sense; there is nothing there to decompose them; they would essentially be preserved. However, a zombie underwater wouldn't last long at all. In CotD it made some sense, because that water has been known to preserve things, due to it being Arctic. MotD didn't even try to make sense, so...non-factor.

There are two possibilities I like, however...

1. If a certain area of the map could flood/unflood on command or even just occasionally, like in Shangri-La

2. If 115's radiation is deadly to aquatic life, which it very well may be. However, that wouldn't stop the bloating and general deterioration caused by water, the greatest solvent in the universe. 

anonymous    324
6 hours ago, Spider3000 said:

It isn't just some island though. Pohnpei, the island in question, has ties with the fictional city R'lyeh, where Cthulhu is said to be located.

If you search R'lyeh on internet, you get other pictures then the kind "tropical" island we all think of. Maybe we are thinking in the wrong way.

Awards

I don't think we can apply these real-world deterioration physics to zombies. 
Here's a small list of things they survived with no protection at all: 

-Freezing water

-Lava

-Fall damage 

-Bursts of a rapid current

-Nuclear Radiation

-The near-vacuum of space

-Moon rock chemicals ("Moon rocks are pure poison"-Cave Johnson)

-Fumes of a collapsing city

-Repetitious use of time-bombs

-SAND. SO MUCH SAND.

-CENTURIES trapped in a cave.

-Cthulhu overlord time-space movement. 

-Freezing temperatures of a mountain summit

-115 floating chamber room. 

Zombies can handle a few sections of a map being submerged in water. 

-Also the ocean. Remember the Pirate ship pic?

BO2ZB22-2.jpg

Yeah they're on a ship. Out on the water. And there is no way they started off with all those zombies on the boat. 

NaBrZHunter    488

I'm aware of that list and some of them aren't so unlikely, after all. Still, I'm just wondering why add one more? Why not just go ahead and make upside down zombies that walk with their eyeballs? Like I said, there are a couple situations that would seem to justify it in what little ways you might try. I might mention that...they're dead already. Soo...poison doesn't have the same effect as it does on a living body. And as far as we know, Zombies don't breathe, anyway  Lol

Regardless, the environments or Zombies after Black Ops 1 are generally silly, anyway. 

Do I believe any of it is plausible at all? No. Do I believe that justifies stupid stuff like zombies that can burn and survive (they couldn't in WAW-BO), or ancient cave zombies (the zombies were relatively fresh in BO1), or SoE zombies (I hate SoE)? Naw. I don't. 

NaBrZHunter    488

To the contrary, swimming zombies is just as uncommon. It hasn't ever happened............. :P 

okay, I'll stop. 

On 14/03/2016 at 1:44 AM, Doppelgänger said:

Actually the map was based on and used assets from the Multiplayer map Knee Deep. I'm talking about the actual island from the first campaign mission. Beach huts, jungle and bunkers? That would be awesome! 

Yeah there were elements from several maps in Shi No. But yeah, would be awesome to see something like that!