NaBrZHunter

DARK OPS: CoDZ Easter Egg Champions...Unplugged!

NaBrZHunter    491

I would like to acknowledge the folks in the community who have resisted the urge to watch the Easter Eggs get completed and are attempting to do it offline, unplugged and in the dark. Those of us who are either too impatient, or are story-oriented so that we will sacrifice accomplishment to be in the know (my own predicament) salute you, and hope to see you succeed! If you bravely risk exposure and venture into the world of the "enlightened" (not elite...we just enlighten ourselves without exploring alone ;) and see this post, please drop your name below, and give us generic updates on your progress (no spoilers, of course). Maybe add this post to your favorites so you can fast track here and avoid spoilers?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently, I believe our active champs are:

@FatedTitan

@Boom

@JackalBoy88

@RequixEclipse

@Doppelgänger

and myself. 

Honorable mention to 

@InfestLithium

Hope to hear from y'all!

FOLKS: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ANYONE, POST SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD. THEY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED. 

DARK OPS

A CoDZ Forum Original YouTube Series

• Like 3

anonymous    327

O wow, people who try to find the EE all themselves, didnt even know these people exist. Great respect for you, you da real MVP.

Awards

3 hours ago, anonymous said:

O wow, people who try to find the EE all themselves, didnt even know these people exist. Great respect for you, you da real MVP.

Especially doing it all solo, good for you guys, and good luck :D

FatedTitan    70

Thanks!  I actually have a group of friends I'm doing it with, but they aren't CoDz members (well one is but he's extremely inactive).  

It's actually a lot of fun and there's nothing like that feeling of finding a random step and freaking out.  So far my group has found out how to upgrade all four bows, but we haven't been able to go much this week.  But we're going to knock it out soon.  It just takes patience and trial and error.  Eventually, something tends to pop.

• Like 2

NaBrZHunter    491
2 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Breakfast confirmed? 

Confirmed, mate. :biggrin:

@FatedTitan Keep it up! You're one of the few. 

Again, anyone, if you know a CoDZer who is still holding out, give 'em a shout out so we can cheer 'em on. 

JackalBoy88    7

@NaBrZHunter I gotta say, I very much appreciate this thread! It's good to know there are others like me out there!

I resisted all temptations to watch any footage of DE for the month before it dropped on Xbox, I do my best to avoid spoilers and pretty much refuse to google things.

For me it's all about the discovery, and nothing compares to working things out at your own pace.

So far I've managed to upgrade one bow and have discovered a couple of steps for another. The third ragnarok DG-4 part is still evading me too!

Good luck to all my fellow non-googlers!

PS. If anyone with a similar mindset wants to join forces on any of the current/future maps, hit me up on Xbox, gamertag same as username.

Edited by JackalBoy88
Footnote
  • Like 2

Awards

NaBrZHunter    491
4 hours ago, FatedTitan said:

Finally finished tonight.  Took longer than we wanted, but were barely ever to play.

w00t!!!! Great work! Kudos for stickin to it like a pro.

RequixEclipse    106
On March 8, 2016 at 1:48 PM, NaBrZHunter said:

I would like to acknowledge the folks in the community who have resisted the urge to watch the Easter Eggs get completed and are attempting to do it offline, unplugged and in the dark. Those of us who are either too impatient, or are story-oriented so that we will sacrifice accomplishment to be in the know (my own predicament) salute you, and hope to see you succeed! If you bravely risk exposure and venture into the world of the "enlightened" (not elite...we just enlighten ourselves without exploring alone ;) and see this post, please drop your name below, and give us generic updates on your progress (no spoilers, of course). Maybe add this post to your favorites so you can fast track here and avoid spoilers?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently, I believe our active champs are:

@FatedTitan

@Boom

@JackalBoy88

Honorable mention to 

@InfestLithium

Hope to hear from y'all!

FOLKS: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ANYONE, POST SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD.

Yeah I did it with no videos, no info, or idea what to look for. So congrats to you guys I had a fun time with this one.

NaBrZHunter    491
1 hour ago, RequixEclipse said:

Yeah I did it with no videos, no info, or idea what to look for. So congrats to you guys I had a fun time with this one.

Bravo!!!! I wish there was a way to guarantee that these were honestly completed so we could do medals for them. But yeah! This is a good one! Still haven't started the EE, but DG and I are gradually progressing. Learning something new every game. 

• Like 1

FatedTitan    70

My group feels like we're close.  I think if we can find one more piece of the puzzle, we'll solve this thing quickly.  #AlmostThere

• Like 2

Doppelgänger    150

@NaBrZHunter and I are so very close. We can almost see that "Achievement Unlocked" pop-up. We know what we need to do, unfortunately this map isn't very forgiving. Especially when it comes to the challenges. We'll keep you all updated as soon as we make progress.

• Like 1

anonymous    327
26 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

@NaBrZHunter and I are so very close. We can almost see that "Achievement Unlocked" pop-up. We know what we need to do, unfortunately this map isn't very forgiving. Especially when it comes to the challenges. We'll keep you all updated as soon as we make progress.

Thats great to hear, keep up to work. If I may ask, can you post in a hide thing for not to spoil what your furthest step is?

Awards

Doppelgänger    150
38 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Thats great to hear, keep up to work. If I may ask, can you post in a hide thing for not to spoil what your furthest step is?

Remember, if you don't want to be spoiled don't open the 'Spoiler' tab.

Spoiler

I've found 2 of the 3 cogs needed to repair the elevator. I found the final one on the docks, but we are still working through our different ideas on how to reach it. We'll definitely get there soon.

As for upgrading the KT-4, I have some ideas as to the final step. Most of my theories have been correct, some have not.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on what we find. Not being able to discuss this map on the forums for fear of being spoiled is killing me. Here's to hoping we get it done sooner, rather than later.

• Like 1

NaBrZHunter    491

Fellow CoDZers!

Our Dark Ops Champion @FatedTitan and his comrade KindofAwkward have graced our YT channel with their presence in this fantastic interview full of going dark anecdotes, real footage featuring escapades with @Doppelgänger and myself and discussion of the benefits of going dark! At almost exactly 35 minutes, this is perfect for the drive to work or viewing over breakfast/lunch. Hopefully we inspire you to join us on THE DARK SIDE!

Will add to the OP as well.

• Like 2