Solo Tips

Hells Warrrior

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Chopper said:

@ZombiesAteMyPizza! @boybad You've made me question myself now.  I'm pretty certain that only opening the door to the area where speed cola is stops carpenters.  I haven't tried it myself, but Scottie and Steve were explaining it to me the other day.  Good chance I'm confused, I'll ask one of them a bit later for clarity.

Ahhh, probably then . I usually have that one closed so :)

Top tip if you're using the Death Ray on the Panzer: don't wait next to the Death Ray for him to spawn, wait inside the power room just inside the doorway (so you can see out of the doorway). If you do this he'll always drop down right in the centre of the area before the zombies start spawning in and you can then run forward to the trap with a clear path as he is landing - if you wait at the trap itself, he's gonna spawn somewhere else, you're looking out for him and waiting to time the trap correctly, you'll probably catch him a bit far away from you thus lessening the damage from your shotgun, all the while you have zombies spawning all over you. Messy as all hell. If you get him to spawn in front of you from the power room the timing is automatic, there are no zombies getting in your ass and when you trap the Panzer you'll pretty much be shooting from point blank range if you allow him time to land before hitting the trap.

If you know the next round is a panzer round let 1 zombie alive and take him to the rocket and wait for the Signal that starts the countdown - kill the zombie and wait to the panzer to spawn in - then leave the area - he will always get Killed Instantly by the rocket - if neccessary trap him with the ragnarok 

1 hour ago, Nieno69 said:

If you know the next round is a panzer round let 1 zombie alive and take him to the rocket and wait for the Signal that starts the countdown - kill the zombie and wait to the panzer to spawn in - then leave the area - he will always get Killed Instantly by the rocket - if neccessary trap him with the ragnarok 

This certainly works, but it's so long and takes a lot of messing about when there's really no need. If you get him in the Death Ray as quickly as possible (easily done if you follow the approach I detailed above), then Double Tap being present if you get up pretty close and shoot him in the core with the PaP'd KRM off the wall, no more than one and a half clips will kill him - his health caps out at about round 40-50 I believe, so this will work no matter what round you're on.

1 hour ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@Chopper @boybad @ZombiesAteMyPizza!

The HVK strat. When you start the game enter through the Mule Kick tunnel. Turn the power on from this direction, making sure to leave the gate closed that leads to Samanthas Room.

This strategy is awesome, very fun. I honestly believe its one of, if not the fastest strat on Der Eisendrache.

I pretty sure i got the point on this...but you Quite have the same spawn rate on the opposite direction if you dont open the door to the Main control room? But Maybe it's saver the way you are doing it - I will try it Anyways my next gameplay

On 8/04/2016 at 8:44 PM, Ragdo11706 said:

The HVK strat. When you start the game enter through the Mule Kick tunnel. Turn the power on from this direction, making sure to leave the gate closed that leads to Samanthas Room.

This strategy is awesome, very fun. I honestly believe its one of, if not the fastest strat on Der Eisendrache.

What we question is...

On 1/04/2016 at 2:35 AM, Chopper said:

If you also play in an area where there are 3 or less windows active, you won't get carpenters either.

The rocket site teleporter area and inside the power room are examples of this.

which door do you keep shut to avoid carpenter at power room?

On 4/8/2016 at 10:44 AM, Ragdo11706 said:

I tried that yesterday, but how do you get to the power that way? When you go through the mulekick tunnel you end up in the second courtyard (where the eagle part of the shield is found, but you cant get to the power through there because you have to go upstairs through a door that only opens when the power is on. Or I'm just being stupid and doing something wrong or I'm not understanding it correctly.

29 minutes ago, Steelie said:

I tried that yesterday, but how do you get to the power that way? When you go through the mulekick tunnel you end up in the second courtyard (where the eagle part of the shield is found, but you cant get to the power through there because you have to go upstairs through a door that only opens when the power is on. Or I'm just being stupid and doing something wrong or I'm not understanding it correctly.

In the green room near the dog dragon and the wolf painting location, there is a door you can buy for 1500. 

I ran past it every time when I started playing this map. XD

12 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@boybad

I'm pretty sure leaving the gate leading towards Samanthas room closed, prevents Carpenters from spawning. 

Regardless doing this is going to F**K up your Drop Cycle & make the game take longer.

I was under the impression that doing things like avoiding moving the box to get no firesales, or avoiding carpenters, simply meant that they wouldn't appear in the cycle and so increase your chances of getting something better, rather than messing with the point-based drop cycle?

3 hours ago, Steelie said:

Go up the stairs past the Vesper in the courtyard and clear the debris ;)

5 hours ago, Koslans said:

In the green room near the dog dragon and the wolf painting location, there is a door you can buy for 1500. 

I ran past it every time when I started playing this map. XD

2 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Go up the stairs past the Vesper in the courtyard and clear the debris ;)

Oh wow, thank you both!! I'm gonna try it this evening!

20 hours ago, Steelie said:

Oh wow, thank you both!! I'm gonna try it this evening!

It initially takes more points to get to the first dragon, but it levels out as there's only one more door to open to the power switch once you reach the first dragon in the church :) I often find myself lacking points after the first dragon nearest Double Tap if I go that way anyway so there are always wasted kills.

2 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

It initially takes more points to get to the first dragon, but it levels out as there's only one more door to open to the power switch once you reach the first dragon in the church :) I often find myself lacking points after the first dragon nearest Double Tap if I go that way anyway so there are always wasted kills.

Same here, I usually have to do another round before I can get to the church because those doors are so expensive.

On 4/2/2016 at 8:19 PM, Ragdo11706 said:

Wooooohhh nature boy!

Finally I have made D.E. my B***H.

This was a perfect game from the start. I got monkeys on the first Box hit. I received Widows Wine on the 2nd use of Der Wunderfizz, therefore I didn't run Q.R. & was able to run Double Tap, Stamin-Up, & Jugg.

And all I can say, is thank GOD for the "Flaming Turd Smasher" ;-D Why I never took 5mins out of my life before to get this thing, I will never know. 

I used Danger Closest, the Bahamut, & the Storm Bow (Obviously). I also remembered to actually throw my damn Monkeys this time.

I will say, this is by far the hardest Side Quest of the series. All though if I had internet, I highly doubt it would've taken me this long.

IMAG1840.jpg

Congratu-F***ing-lations on the achievment!!!!  I have yet to complete this on Solo so props to you.  Glad to see you are still in good spirits.:bouncy:

Yesterday i played a game to get the last prestige - after getting all the points i wanted to spend my money for some liquid diviniums and then end the game

So i stand next to the pack a punch at the death ray at round 60

You can put in your weapon from the sides so you dont need to stand in front of it

So i stand there putting my weapon in to pack it and  did every time a charged shot with the bow to keep me save...

If you stand infront of it i stand on the left side (clocktower)

I reached round 61 and thought what?? That was really fast...and not much ammo needed 

I actually have to check this and confirm it but it looks like the spawn rate is the fastest i know in this position and the zombies doesnt came near you... but if you stand in the wrong position you get hit from the zombies because they break through...

• 1 month later...

Tips from 360land.

On 360, the dog bow is useless by 35. I know, very sad. The Fire bow is also crap.

Fire bow upgrade tip: by Death Ray, stand in Wundersphere, aim at the red circle by the WS through the door, charge shot, release and hold x to use wundersphere to easily get that circle. Easiest solo with storm or demon bow (for the wide radius). 

If you train by the clocktower (circle with wunderfizz), don't go in the clock tower and zombies will only come out of the tower and up the steps from the courtyard. Easy Ragnarok placement top of steps (panzer or mass kill). You can camp by the wall and headshot or do circles and reverses (good for 50+ rounds). 

Pap'd Shotgun makes panzer easy, especially with Ragnarok or Death Ray.

Shots fired at panzer (or Rocket pad Fire Bow start) must be fired directly from the front. Most bow shots pass harmlessy through a panzer if he isn't directly facing you. Make sure he faces you before turning on Death Ray for example. Shotgun still works best.

No power, camp church (upstairs, window side). The panzer spawns outside and stands on the balcony over the WS (just outside the door by where you camp. He can't fit through the doorway). When ready, shoot him through the door.

Power room shield part: jump high enough so that it's by your feet or you can't grab it. Same with wall running; be above it, not on level with it. 

Ragnarok: the death ray piece is almost always accessed by one courtyard WS or the other (only once has it been another WS for me so far street many games). If it's straight above, use WS in Church courtyard (run down past weather vane). If it's in the direction of the weather vane (storm bow start), use the DT2 WS (run down side opposite weathervane). If you don't see it in either spot, simply hit the D-Ray WS to Rocket Pad, then use the WS there (and you will get it). You can get 2 parts by using the death ray on the first panzer. For the third part, run careful circles in between the 2 windows, during the rocket test (try not to shoot), stay near the doors, watch for breaks in the conga lines. As soon as the voice says 'rocket test...' immediately run to the switch, you should arrive 1 second early, wait for the light to stay lit (you only have like 1 second), hit it, grab part, circle left past storm bow urn for easy escape. Fight or head to WS.

New to the game, suck at bow upgrades (or feeding dragons)? Skip them at first. DE plays like old school zombies with pap and bk. I hit 41 on my first try and i only had the game for a day (I'm old and blind, you have no excuse). Get familiar with the map, then get proficient at bows.

Camps (both good and bad options): 

QR alcove (with door shut).

QR variant: 2 by QR, 2 on deck above GG machine, most in start room will go across room and up steps by GG, some will come up to QR players.

Mule Kick, 1 watches MK load, 1 watches towards QR, 2 on Demon Bow room hall (depends on how you've opened it).

Circle by clock tower (stay by tower wall).

Clock Tower steps (stay low).

Lower courtyard below dragon (multiple players).

Lower courtyard bridge (2 face each way debris by dragon open for escape. With Samantha's closed option).

Upper courtyard balcony above WS, church debris closed (best with mp).

In church, above Speed Cola (easy).

Wundersphere over DT2 (easy. escape: land by clock tower, camp there now if desired, or run to WS below which takes you back to DT2 WS, to get any drops that are left behind).

Church, by workbench (multiple players only).

Upper courtyard with Demon bow room closed from this side (multiple players).

Teleporter room (multiple players).

DT2 area with start room door closed (camp by start room doors, multiple players).

Demon bow room, courtyard door closed (multiple players).

WS by Rocket Pad (best with mp).

Bow Room (4 player: 1 per window and steps).

Pyramid Room (multiple players, dog bow corner. 2 on back flat area, 2 in front of dog bow).

Juggernog alcove deathrap by teddy bear (4 player).

Speculative camp: bottom of steps below lower courtyard dragon. If you are near the bottom, the courtyard zombie windows should be too far to spawn zombies, but I haven't tried it. So you would have a doorway (to pyramid room) and 1 window (below steps) with 4 people watching them. I don't know how far you can get backed up the steps before you get surprised from the rear. If it works, it may be awesome. 

Circle and reverse spots (solo, or alone in mp):

Circle by clock tower (fairly easy).

Upper courtyard (2 areas, or whole courtyard. Very cluttered).

Between DT2 and start (tight, fast).

In Church (run reverses by Fireplace and columns).

Rocket Pad (various areas or whole area).

Death Ray (cluttered with zombies).

Pyramid Room (easy).

Lower Pyramid Room, just outside of Jugg, by column (fairly easy).

Teleporter Room (tight).

Bow Room/knight's tomb (tight, busy).

Demon Bow room (tight, doors open or closed).

Start Room (cluttered).

-----------

Weird idea: open map from QR room. Get set up with pap guns and perks (you could upgrade storm bow only). Open DT2 area from above by wundersphere (start area 750 door closed 1000 point door closed to courtyard). Drop down. Buy Dt2 and survive in this mini map (run circles, or camp by start room door). GGs available by DT2. Just a weird survival idea tip. The only gun wallbuy is the KRM in there.

Happy gaming!

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, 83457 said:

Storm bow tip: shoot two bonfires from rocket pad, it is much easier than the shot from near DT2. Don't do it on the 'charged shot' step though as the urns are only good for one bonfire.

Did they patch the two shot from one urn? 

I'm positive that you can shoot two for one and fill the third urn after all three bonfires were struck by lightning. 

Archived