Who controls the zombies in Der Eisendrache?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Good question, but no one knows an answer for sure. Some think its Maxis, some think its Samantha, and some think it is something else, something ancient and evil....

Yellow eyes normal means Samantha or Maxis, but in Origins, the zombies have also yellow eyes and there, it is inpossible for Samantha or Maxis to be in the MPD

Edited by anonymous
  • Administrators
15 hours ago, anonymous said:

Good question, but no one knows an answer for sure. Some think its Maxis, some think its Samantha, and some think it is something else, something ancient and evil....

Yellow eyes normal means Samantha or Maxis, but in Origins, the zombies have also yellow eyes and there, it is inpossible for Samantha or Maxis to be in the MPD

Actually, in Origins, Samantha resided within Agartha and could have very well been in control of the zombies. Alongside that, the Ancient Evil still presided in Agartha at the very same time. I theorized long ago that the Evil was using Samantha as a scapegoat to let the NO4 help them escape their eternal prison in order to overtake the universes. Once freed, Samantha went back into her respective universe whereas the Evil was free to roam and bring destruction.

Being in the MPD doesn't necessarily mean that you're the controller indefinitely; it's just another channel for power in the ethereal realm. Think about it this way: who controlled the zombies prior to Samantha being in the MPD? We assume the Ancient Evil, yet we know no one was within the MPD when she took refuge in it. It all varies on where one could obtain ethereal power.

That being said, we're dealing with a multiverse, which means that Samantha can still very well be in control - although it's not the same Samantha we are trying to save. Different universes, different people. Hope that makes sense.

• Administrators

Aether and Agartha are not one in the same. In the original timeline Richtofen teleported her and then she entered the MPD. The same events occurred in the new timeline (as far as we know) and the moon was not blown up until the events of DE (weeks later)

• Moderators
5 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Think about it this way: who controlled the zombies prior to Samantha being in the MPD? We assume the Ancient Evil, yet we know no one was within the MPD when she took refuge in it.

Perhaps there was something in the MPD before her. When Richthofen replaced Samantha in the Moon Pyramid Device, you could see Samanthas soal going out of it. Maybe, when Samantha went into the MPD, you could see an other thing leaving it, but no one knows. Only Samantha is witness of that event.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, anonymous said:

Perhaps there was something in the MPD before her. When Richthofen replaced Samantha in the Moon Pyramid Device, you could see Samanthas soal going out of it. Maybe, when Samantha went into the MPD, you could see an other thing leaving it, but no one knows. Only Samantha is witness of that event.

I agree completely. However, opening the MPD doesn't necessitate a soul leaving it. As we have seen in the Moon Easter Egg, you have to acquire the Vril Device filled with energy, collect enough souls to replace the souls, and hit a switch. I don't think that process even remotely happened when Sam first entered the pyramid.

But you are right that there was something before her. Richtofen accidentally touched the pyramid when he first teleported to the moon and got shocked, thus hearing voices and becoming insane later on. It would be wrong to say there isn't anything tied to the MPD, but the question is this: did touching the pyramid cause Richtofen to initiate contact with said voices, despite there being nothing within it? Possibly. :smiley:

It is not Sam. In DE Groph does not know that the Maxises have been teleported by The Giant Edward. He only learns that they have been "dealt with" when Origins Edward tells him. He would have known if they were sent to the moon because he would have been there to have Ludvig executed. My best guess as to what happened to them would be Origins Ludvig and Edward intercepted them mid-teleportation and sent Origins Edward through to The Giant afterwards. I personally think Weasel is in control. He escaped Alcatraz and made it to Morg City just in time to get caught in the mess. I believe that he was accidentally teleported to The Giant when Origins Edward teleported there from Morg City. His plane is on the roof of Teleporter Z-C, but he is nowhere to be found. He teleported to the moon, but didn't have anyone waiting for him and survived long enough to get to the MPD. Then he pulled a Sam and got stuck inside.

• Administrators

Shortly after Richtofen teleported the two, Samantha immediately darted for the MPD. They didn't confirm it was her (as far as a remember anyway), they were only alarmed by the "intruder alert" heard over the loud speaker. Additionally they were not aware that Maxis had also teleported until a communication with Edward shortly after the Giant cutscene would have occurred. Since New Richtofen killed Old Richtofen prior to that communication, we can assume that Maxis (of this universe) is still located in the unknown tunnel.

• Moderators

Just realized that the zombies in SoE have the same eye colour as the ones in The Giant and Der Eisendrache. Not yellow like the ones which are controlled by Samatha or Maxis, or red like the ones from MotD, but orange. Does this mean that the controller from SoE is the same as the one from the TG/DE universe?

• 3 weeks later...

I myself thought that Samantha was in control because her and Maxis were teleported away in The Giant, and as we all know Samantha ran in a panic to the MPD and got trapped in it, and then toook control of the zombies. I was thinking that all of that happened in between The Giant and Der Eisendrache, and that Samantha is in control and Groph knows she's locked in the MPD. But reading all these theories has me doubting myself.

• Moderators

I dont know it too, and I think no one knows for sure. Its strange, a Keeper came out of the Der Eisendrache MPD, but after he left it, nothing strange happened. No eye colour changes, no other thing replacing its place in it, and no other crazy events. I am not even sure if it is a MPD, and if it is the only one in that universe, and if it is just as powerfull as the one on Moon. If the eye colours in the next map is the same, and if that map is in the same universe, I think there are multiple MPD's in that universe, or that the DE pyramid isnt a MPD (or at least both such powerfull one as on Moon). Its only a matter of time and we know some more things about the mysterious controller.

I never got into this discussion....

However, when you play Die Rise, The Great Leap Forward, the color of the eyes changes from yellow in the low rounds to blue in the mid-rounds. They might even become red if you get in a high round? (I'm not good and certainly no high-round zombies player)

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Koslans said:

I never got into this discussion....

However, when you play Die Rise, The Great Leap Forward, the color of the eyes changes from yellow in the low rounds to blue in the mid-rounds. They might even become red if you get in a high round? (I'm not good and certainly no high-round zombies player)

Yellow eyes in Die Rise? You probably mean Nuketown Zombies. From round 1-25, the eye colours are yellow. After round 25, the eye colours are blue. This is because Nuketown is at the same time as Moon (you can hear Moon quotes while playing Nuketown). Samantha(yellow) is in the MPD till Richthofen(blue) replaces her (round 25 in Nuketown).

• Moderators

I took a look at a video of round 1, and the zombies have just blue eyes. I agree, a bit lighter then later, and it looks even sometimes a bit white or yellow, but its still blue. I think this may be because the animation of the walkers (in early rounds) is different then the animation of the runners (in later rounds). Due to this, the light in their eyes may be different a bit.

On 2016年3月28日 at 2:09 PM, anonymous said:

I dont know it too, and I think no one knows for sure. Its strange, a Keeper came out of the Der Eisendrache MPD, but after he left it, nothing strange happened. No eye colour changes, no other thing replacing its place in it, and no other crazy events. I am not even sure if it is a MPD, and if it is the only one in that universe, and if it is just as powerfull as the one on Moon. If the eye colours in the next map is the same, and if that map is in the same universe, I think there are multiple MPD's in that universe, or that the DE pyramid isnt a MPD (or at least both such powerfull one as on Moon). Its only a matter of time and we know some more things about the mysterious controller.

ok so the pyramid in DE is not an MPD as MPD stands for moon pyramid device and also this pyramid is what the MPD was modeled after

A point to note is that in the Der Eisendrache radios Groph (or is it someone else, I can never remember) states there are talks of men hearing doctor maxis from within the MPD. 

I think... What's happening here is that Maxis is in the MPD, only, instead of being in control, he's not. 

He seems to be in control on the giant, because he's linked to the flytrap easter egg like samantha was. Then again, he clearly isn't omniscient, as he can't see where richtofen and Co. are. In Der Eisendrache, he can't even contact richtofen, but he might know where he is. 

Likewise, Dr. Maxis's voice is used for a lot of machinery in the Giant, and Der Eisendrache like the rocket, the teleporters, and the gondola station. 

A theory.

Maxis is still in his brain-jar, which means even though he's in the aether, he can no longer see or feel anything dirrectly. He needs certain cosmic alignments (like the fly trap and the rift in SOE) to be able to decipher where everything is. 

• Moderators
On ‎4‎-‎4‎-‎2016 at 9:12 PM, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I think... What's happening here is that Maxis is in the MPD, only, instead of being in control, he's not. 

I dont think Maxis is in the MPD. In the ZNS, DE and The Giant intros, we see that the old Richthofen is just working in der Riese facility, and German and Japanese soldiers are still alive and just doing their thing. This means that bo3 isnt in a post apocalypse world, like bo2, but more like in bo1: The zombies only spawn around the O4. Someone in the MPD tries to kill them, and send the zombies, like Samantha did in bo1. And Maxis is a friend and colleague of Richthofen, so I dont think he is in the MPD and tries to kill them.

• Administrators
On March 5, 2016 at 1:50 PM, InfestLithium said:

I agree completely. However, opening the MPD doesn't necessitate a soul leaving it. As we have seen in the Moon Easter Egg, you have to acquire the Vril Device filled with energy, collect enough souls to replace the souls, and hit a switch. I don't think that process even remotely happened when Sam first entered the pyramid.

But you are right that there was something before her. Richtofen accidentally touched the pyramid when he first teleported to the moon and got shocked, thus hearing voices and becoming insane later on. It would be wrong to say there isn't anything tied to the MPD, but the question is this: did touching the pyramid cause Richtofen to initiate contact with said voices, despite there being nothing within it? Possibly. :smiley:

To the contrary, actually. Remember the slaughter that Groph and Schuster conducted? A LOT of folks were murdered near the MPD before Samantha arrived, causing it to open and reveal it was empty. However, the Vril device was not needed the first time as, being empty, all Sam needed to do was run inside and the shields would close. All that was needed in terms of peripherals was the Black Moon Egg. once placed, the tube was powered by the energy (as opposed to souls) of those killed near it. 

I also want to re-emphasize the "Ancient Evil" is still not canon. It is used in origins to describe the spread of the zombie outbreak, but is never mentioned in Moon. The 'voices,' however, ARE canon. And based on what we have so far, it's beginning to sound like the voices may be the Keepers, AKA, the Vril Ya, which would make sense taking into consideration that the MPD is an 'Vril Machine.'

• Administrators

Holy Toledo, I've been trying to edit that post on mobile for 15 minutes but the save button becomes unresponsive. I was gonna add...

@M16 EPIC I agreed up until the part about Weasle. You'd think we'd at least hear him, Groph would certainly have noticed him and the PA system would have alerted had he arrived in the receiving bay, not to mention that when the MPD opens in DE, the Keeper is inside, and only one being can occupy it at once. 

Now, for those who believe Maxis is in it, the voice heard from the MPD cannot be heard by audio capture technology, only neurologically. The words spoken refer to the paradox needing to be resolved. Also, remember, the MPD's shields are down on the moon at the time of DE, and therefore, stand waiting for the Keeper to enter and overtake. If anyone was inside, they would have been seen by Groph or the staff of Griffin Station.