anonymous    325
On ‎29‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 11:34 AM, superstudmuffin said:

I started at a bus station, every bastard left me there. Well I thought why not run after the bus into the fog, after all what could go wrong.

Lol, I know that feeling :P

Awards

I got World at War as a christmas gift from my parents when I was 12 and was honestly more into the campaign at the time. Imagine my surprise at the end of it all though, when the Zombies mode was introduced to me at the tail. In spite of that I chose to skip the DLC's for World at War and didn't pick Zombies back up until B01. Playing Kino Der Toten with my brother was what really got me hooked on it and i've been a fan ever since.

• Like 2

Awards

Well my first Call of Duty was Modern Warfare, then MW2, but my friend owned World at War, and I thought it was cool, so I went out and bought it. I usually play the campaign before anything. Once finishing it, I saw... it running towards the screen. I was 9 maybe? I was scared because I never heard of a zombie. I obviously knew what Nazi's were, but not a zombie. So I was horrified. But I loved every single moment of it! I instantly became a fan. Inviting friends over seeing who could make it to the highest round. Then Black Ops was announced and my Dad told me that Zombies was coming back. I was excited. But I forced myself to play campaign first. Then completing the "Five" cutscene played. I was a PlayStation 3 owner so I missed out on the DLC early :(. But I waited. Ascension, Call of the Dead, Shangri La, and Moon were some of my favorite experiences in zombies. Though Der Riese was my favorite. Eventually Black Ops 2 gave it's zombies trailer for TranZit. I was hyped. I even called home sick to play it. I skipped the campaign this time and went right to zombies. This is an unpopular opinion but I like TranZit, I do agree with the hate towards the wonder weapon, Denizens and the way to PaP. Die Rise, Mob of the Dead, Buried and Origins were another of my favorite experiences. (See a pattern?) Origins was my new favorite map! I missed those guys, but they came did come back! Younger... and different. ANYWAY! Black Ops 3 was announced, and after playing the cancerous Exo Zombies it was nice to have boots on the ground zombies again! Shadows of Evil was the only map I had, I didn't have enough for the Season Pass yet, now I do and I got the Giant, Der Eisendrache and Zetsubou No Shima, and soon Gorod Krovi! BABY IM HYPED... I went on didn't I................................................... I'm a nerd. 

• Like 1

Where were you when you first played zombies, and what year was it?

My living room, at the time my systems weren't in my room.

What was the first map you ever played?

Nacht Der Untoten

What was the first "strategy" you ran?

Round the World my friend called it. We would run around the whole map on Kino after coming back from the Teleporter.

When did you know you were hooked?

The second I played Zombies for the first time. Nacht Der Untoten.

What was you favorite weapon in WaW?

I loved myself the M2 Flamethrower, I don't know why.

Do you remember your first down?

No, but I do know I was angry cause I was having so much fun.

First ever Easter Egg Discovery?

2 of the radios on Kino Der Toten (chandelier and porch outside of Double Tap)

What was your first Easter Egg Song?

Beauty of Annihilation 

• Like 1

RadZakpak    85

It was either the end of 2010 or right at the beginning of 2011 and I was at my new house here in Mississippi with my new Xbox 360. My mom bought me Black Ops, and I was 13 at the time. On the way back I looked at the back of the box and saw the zombie mode, something I had only heard about in passing before. When I got home, me and my brother who was waaaaay too young to be playing the game loaded up Kino, bought the Olympia and never left the first room. I did not find out there was more to the map until I played with some friends online.

Kino der Toten and I still have fond memories learning about the mystery box, the power, and the perks for the very first time.

Well my first few games it was just run around the starting room with the Olympia since I didn't know there was more. My friends who taught me to play had us camp, I believe in the corner with Jugg.

Somewhere between the release of Ascension and Call of the Dead. Ascension, being so easy, was a go-to for me and my friends and we had a great time doing things on the map. That's when I knew I had found a game mode I loved. Then Call of the Dead is what really got me into the story. I wanted to know more about the characters and how all this cool stuff came about.

While the PPSh is a beast, I gotta give love to the Thompson. It was always my go-to wallbuy. In Black Ops and Black Ops II I loved the Galil, and Black Ops 3 so far the KN-44. Boring I know.

I imagine round 3 or so when they started climbing OUT of the windows before we could kill them with our Olympia.

The first one I discovered myself would probably be one of the small dolls on Ascension.

115 and it is still probably my second favorite song of all time.

andydabeast    42

The year was 2009. I was at a friend's house and the three of us played Nacht on PS3. My friend got the ray gun and got all the way to round 10! it was insane :-D

Nacht der Untoten 

With 4 people on Nacht we would open help then not open stairs inside help. Three people each took a window and one at the door.

In August of 2009 a friend and I bought WaW for PC. We sank hours into the mods.

The PPSh-41. What else?

No. 

I remember doing the song in Nacht. It was so cool. 

^^^

I'll add another question. How did you first discover that training is the best strategy for high rounds?

This was during the WaW days. My friend and I were playing a very open mod. We played it because we wanted to snipe zombies and there was a raygun wallbuy for 10k. It was called "Complex" He went down and I ran and went down a dead end hallway. Got a nuke at the last second and escaped into the open area. I decided to stay in the open area, and ended up just running away then turn and shoot. I did the whole wave alone and we both realized that training was how to win. 

I started visiting my buddy at his house at about the time World at War was released, I played with him on multiplayer a bit but I thought it was a bit... meh... Then he showed me Zombies mode and it looked really awesome, so we started playing Der Riese and Nacht and I was hooked instantly! I of course was absolutely terrible and went down countless times per game, but I got better, eventually bought the game myself, started browsing these forums, learning strategies from all the guys who were active at the time like Superhands, Tom, Eye and all those guys. I became a much better player than my friend who thought I was BSing that I got to round 40 on FIVE all by myself and I must have glitched! So I played a game in front of him and he made me quit on round 34, because he was bored of watching me run around the War Room for over an hour without dying. He had no idea that running is a viable strategy and not just something that loonies with insanely fast reflexes do. I still remember my first times getting amongst the zombies and running trains, sweaty palms, telling people to shut up if they tried speaking to me, heart beating as fast as it would as if I was jogging LOL!

Might answer it like in the OP also:

At my friends house, 2010.

Der Riese

That classic catwalk strat!

When I went to his house every single night and I looked forward to it every damn day. Hooked almost instantly, really.

Ray Gun! Used to get so excited when it came up in the box.

Not specifically, but I remember always getting downed because I just stood on the spot and didn't move like the newb that I was.

The Beauty of Annihilation music EE in Der Riese.

^^^

I'll add another question. How did you first discover that training is the best strategy for high rounds?

During the world at war days, I was watching YouTube videos of high rounds and noticed they all used running strategies. I remember seeing and trying the round the pillars in the HELP room with the flamethrower on Nacht, running a big loop in the comm room and using the wunderwaffe on Shi No and using all the traps and catwalk teleporter on Der Riese. The first map I really got anywhere with it though and really improved at the game was the War room strategy on FIVE which I also found on YouTube.

The Meh    75

I'd like to think it was sitting on a chair/couch in my living room around 2010.

Kino der Toten, actually. I think, at one point, the young me grew to hate the map. But I didn't know better... plus, it was the Wii version at the time, so...

I'd think it'd be funnily stupid to call camping at Juggernog on Kino a good strategy. But it got me to Round 20 a lot and I could never get over how good I thought I was back then. The guys on the Wii version of Black Ops encouraged that particular strategy, and I was one to follow. Of course, that's the one strategy I could never do again nowadays... just not good enough.

I don't think I knew I was hooked at first. I just saw Black Ops on the Wii to be pastime. It was like most games back in the day. I got bored and I switched to something else (Mario was as captivating as anything else). Though, I did feel a sense of innate desire when it came to wanting to return to Black Ops, and play Kino. I don't honestly think I knew how hooked - no, obsessed - I was until I realized how many times I had played the map.

I mean, of course, I knew about everything else regarding Zombies as time went on. Young me waited and waited to get DLCs on Wii until he realized that they'd never release them to Wii... but would keep tabs on every map and every Easter Egg found. Quite frankly... that attention got me to @Strwrsbob and his channel, and it got me to this video. That video introduced me to Avenged Sevenfold... I mean, sure, I'd heard "Not Ready to Die", but it was just another Zombies song to me. It had Zombies flair and such to it and I thought no different, but THIS... this was a true introduction. Avenged Sevenfold, in turn, introduced me to all the music I listen to today... and it's great stuff. Sometimes I kinda hate to say it, as it feels kinda cringe-y enough, but I owe a lot to @Strwrsbob on that end. I'm honestly unsure if I should thank the man for that video or not, it's an awkward thing, but still.

Unfortunately, the Wii did not get Zombies...

...but meh.

PPsH is the easy answer. Browning and MG42 are also easy. MP40 and STG-44 are less easy... but all of these guns were great.

Kind of? I think it was Round 3.

I don't know when or how, but finding the film reels on Kino was awesome back in the day. Hell, shooting the radio in the radio tower was also cool.

115. The Wii only had the one song!

...I used to dread playing it, funnily enough. But I think, sometime within the last few years, I rediscovered love for it.

Strwrsbob    21

@The Meh  I loved the use of that song in that map, and it was a great introduction to the band for me too. In fact, I don't think I listened to much metal music at all up until I'd started playing zombies

• Like 1

Awards