How did it start for you?

Boom115

• Moderators
On ‎29‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 11:34 AM, superstudmuffin said:

I started at a bus station, every bastard left me there. Well I thought why not run after the bus into the fog, after all what could go wrong.

Lol, I know that feeling :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got World at War as a christmas gift from my parents when I was 12 and was honestly more into the campaign at the time. Imagine my surprise at the end of it all though, when the Zombies mode was introduced to me at the tail. In spite of that I chose to skip the DLC's for World at War and didn't pick Zombies back up until B01. Playing Kino Der Toten with my brother was what really got me hooked on it and i've been a fan ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my first Call of Duty was Modern Warfare, then MW2, but my friend owned World at War, and I thought it was cool, so I went out and bought it. I usually play the campaign before anything. Once finishing it, I saw... it running towards the screen. I was 9 maybe? I was scared because I never heard of a zombie. I obviously knew what Nazi's were, but not a zombie. So I was horrified. But I loved every single moment of it! I instantly became a fan. Inviting friends over seeing who could make it to the highest round. Then Black Ops was announced and my Dad told me that Zombies was coming back. I was excited. But I forced myself to play campaign first. Then completing the "Five" cutscene played. I was a PlayStation 3 owner so I missed out on the DLC early :(. But I waited. Ascension, Call of the Dead, Shangri La, and Moon were some of my favorite experiences in zombies. Though Der Riese was my favorite. Eventually Black Ops 2 gave it's zombies trailer for TranZit. I was hyped. I even called home sick to play it. I skipped the campaign this time and went right to zombies. This is an unpopular opinion but I like TranZit, I do agree with the hate towards the wonder weapon, Denizens and the way to PaP. Die Rise, Mob of the Dead, Buried and Origins were another of my favorite experiences. (See a pattern?) Origins was my new favorite map! I missed those guys, but they came did come back! Younger... and different. ANYWAY! Black Ops 3 was announced, and after playing the cancerous Exo Zombies it was nice to have boots on the ground zombies again! Shadows of Evil was the only map I had, I didn't have enough for the Season Pass yet, now I do and I got the Giant, Der Eisendrache and Zetsubou No Shima, and soon Gorod Krovi! BABY IM HYPED... I went on didn't I................................................... I'm a nerd. 

Where were you when you first played zombies, and what year was it?

My living room, at the time my systems weren't in my room.

What was the first map you ever played?

Nacht Der Untoten

What was the first "strategy" you ran?

Round the World my friend called it. We would run around the whole map on Kino after coming back from the Teleporter.

When did you know you were hooked?

The second I played Zombies for the first time. Nacht Der Untoten.

What was you favorite weapon in WaW?

I loved myself the M2 Flamethrower, I don't know why.

Do you remember your first down?

No, but I do know I was angry cause I was having so much fun.

First ever Easter Egg Discovery?

2 of the radios on Kino Der Toten (chandelier and porch outside of Double Tap)

What was your first Easter Egg Song?

Beauty of Annihilation 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It was either the end of 2010 or right at the beginning of 2011 and I was at my new house here in Mississippi with my new Xbox 360. My mom bought me Black Ops, and I was 13 at the time. On the way back I looked at the back of the box and saw the zombie mode, something I had only heard about in passing before. When I got home, me and my brother who was waaaaay too young to be playing the game loaded up Kino, bought the Olympia and never left the first room. I did not find out there was more to the map until I played with some friends online.

Kino der Toten and I still have fond memories learning about the mystery box, the power, and the perks for the very first time.

Well my first few games it was just run around the starting room with the Olympia since I didn't know there was more. My friends who taught me to play had us camp, I believe in the corner with Jugg.

Somewhere between the release of Ascension and Call of the Dead. Ascension, being so easy, was a go-to for me and my friends and we had a great time doing things on the map. That's when I knew I had found a game mode I loved. Then Call of the Dead is what really got me into the story. I wanted to know more about the characters and how all this cool stuff came about.

While the PPSh is a beast, I gotta give love to the Thompson. It was always my go-to wallbuy. In Black Ops and Black Ops II I loved the Galil, and Black Ops 3 so far the KN-44. Boring I know.

I imagine round 3 or so when they started climbing OUT of the windows before we could kill them with our Olympia.

The first one I discovered myself would probably be one of the small dolls on Ascension.

115 and it is still probably my second favorite song of all time.

• 6 months later...

The year was 2009. I was at a friend's house and the three of us played Nacht on PS3. My friend got the ray gun and got all the way to round 10! it was insane :-D

Nacht der Untoten 

With 4 people on Nacht we would open help then not open stairs inside help. Three people each took a window and one at the door.

In August of 2009 a friend and I bought WaW for PC. We sank hours into the mods.

The PPSh-41. What else?

No. 

I remember doing the song in Nacht. It was so cool. 

^^^

I'll add another question. How did you first discover that training is the best strategy for high rounds?

This was during the WaW days. My friend and I were playing a very open mod. We played it because we wanted to snipe zombies and there was a raygun wallbuy for 10k. It was called "Complex" He went down and I ran and went down a dead end hallway. Got a nuke at the last second and escaped into the open area. I decided to stay in the open area, and ended up just running away then turn and shoot. I did the whole wave alone and we both realized that training was how to win. 

• 4 months later...

I started visiting my buddy at his house at about the time World at War was released, I played with him on multiplayer a bit but I thought it was a bit... meh... Then he showed me Zombies mode and it looked really awesome, so we started playing Der Riese and Nacht and I was hooked instantly! I of course was absolutely terrible and went down countless times per game, but I got better, eventually bought the game myself, started browsing these forums, learning strategies from all the guys who were active at the time like Superhands, Tom, Eye and all those guys. I became a much better player than my friend who thought I was BSing that I got to round 40 on FIVE all by myself and I must have glitched! So I played a game in front of him and he made me quit on round 34, because he was bored of watching me run around the War Room for over an hour without dying. He had no idea that running is a viable strategy and not just something that loonies with insanely fast reflexes do. I still remember my first times getting amongst the zombies and running trains, sweaty palms, telling people to shut up if they tried speaking to me, heart beating as fast as it would as if I was jogging LOL!

Might answer it like in the OP also:

At my friends house, 2010.

Der Riese

That classic catwalk strat!

When I went to his house every single night and I looked forward to it every damn day. Hooked almost instantly, really.

Ray Gun! Used to get so excited when it came up in the box.

Not specifically, but I remember always getting downed because I just stood on the spot and didn't move like the newb that I was.

The Beauty of Annihilation music EE in Der Riese.

^^^

I'll add another question. How did you first discover that training is the best strategy for high rounds?

During the world at war days, I was watching YouTube videos of high rounds and noticed they all used running strategies. I remember seeing and trying the round the pillars in the HELP room with the flamethrower on Nacht, running a big loop in the comm room and using the wunderwaffe on Shi No and using all the traps and catwalk teleporter on Der Riese. The first map I really got anywhere with it though and really improved at the game was the War room strategy on FIVE which I also found on YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/23/2014 at 1:31 AM, Boom115 said:

Time to use the Wayback Machine of life and recall where this all started for you.

I was in my dorm freshmen year of College and my suite mate convinced me to play this new game. The year was 2008, shortly after the game was released.

Nacht der Untoten and to be honest I didn't play it much, because it scared the bajeezus out of me.

Camping on the Catwalk in Der Riese.

I actually wasn't hooked until Kino. The map seemed massive at the time and seemed to have so much mystery hidden in it's walls. Little did I know what was ahead.

The PPSh-41, soooo sexy.

Yes round 2. "Oh sh*t they can come in the windows?!"

Finding a radio, I don't recall the transmission though.

Lullaby for a Deadman

Thanks for taking the trip down memory lane with me.

Where were you when you first played zombies, and what year was it

It was 2014 and my friend lent me his copy of bo1, i tried zombies and instantly got hooked

What was the first map you played

Kino Der Toten, in my opinion one of the greatest maps ever, to this day all my skills come from the hours i poured into it

What was the first strategy you ran

Training round the stage xD

When did you know you were hooked

When I first discovered the amazing storyline, I immediately went back and got waw to experience the classics

What was your favorite weapon in WaW

Oh man, the mp40, I could use that thing all day

Do you remember your first down

Lol yes, round three when I discovered that they can sprint xD

First ever easter egg discovery

I shot the kino chandelier with the Mustang and Sally randomly and discovered the radio, I was on google immedeatly

What was your first easter egg song

115, man I still love it

• 3 months later...

Time to use the Wayback Machine of life and recall where this all started for you.

It was 2008 at home in my room in High School. 

Nacht Der Untoten. I remember how much of a rush I got seeing the intro. I thought it was going to be boring, but after that 1st match... *Voice in my head* I CAN GO HIGHER!

Not buying the staircase in Nacht Der Untoten.

Probably after Shi No Numa came out. I legitimately played nothing else but zombies lol

THE BAR. End of discussion.

I don’t there have been so many that to remember such a thing is a waste! ?

Shi No Numa is when I knew there was more EEs to look for. Right after picking up the telephone and hearing that voice. From that point on I’ve been EE hungering COD Zombies with the same few guys I started with.

Lullaby for a Deadman

0649BAB1-A93C-4732-869B-AC5BCD50C84B.jpeg

• Moderators

Year unknown. Location: at the room of a nephew of me, on a cheap, old TV-device.

Kino Der Toten, I played that map at my nephew. Years later, I bought a Xbox myself, with Black Ops II. It was Green Run in which I truly grew up and learned the skill of zombie slaying.

Te camp spot next to the busdepot, if you can call that a strategy.

Although I played Green Run, and later BO1, regularly, I became truly hooked when I discovered this site.

What was you favorite weapon in WaW?

The Galil or Ak-74u. Paralyzer is my funniest weapon.

When we played Kino at my nephew, we didn't know of the existence of "doors". And battling Hellhounds with only a M14 and Olympia was no success.

Parts of the TranZit Easter Egg. Or the Nacht der Untoten in the cornfield in Transit perhaps.

8th Grade year, so probably 2013.

Kino Der Toten.

The train out side of the bar on Town, next to Stamin-Up.

When I found out about the storyline and everything it contains.

Without a doubt, the M1 Grand

Nope XD

I have yet to discover anything for myself.

• 1 year later...
On 3/3/2016 at 12:01 PM, Schrödinger said:

A friend called me the evening July 23rd 2009 for tell me to come his home the next day because he had found something horribly terrifying in World At War. He didn't want tell me more about that.

So I went at his home and we played Nacht Der Untoten and we died, then we replayed and we died and we played again and again in split screen...

WTF is this mode !? So I searched informations about that on internet all day of Saturday 25th and... It was wunderbar !

When I learned that Black Ops was released and the Zombies mode was back I bought the game and a PS3 in 2010.

And it's been exactly 10 years since I responded that phone call... Damn, I'm so old. ?

Bonus of the topic that I posted in my previous message that I quote : We can not edit the messages on this site so look closely at the date and the name of the writer.

• 1 year later...

the year 2008 at the age of 8 🙂

Nacht Der Untoten

stand in a corner and die when they got to me

When I first saw it was zombies after the campaign

raygun

3rd round

First ever Easter Egg Discovery? What was your first Easter Egg Song?

115 in black ops 1 quite a few years later lol great song tho

• Moderators

Was just starting High School back in late 2010. 

Watched gameplay of FIVE before getting the game but played Kino der Toten first. 

Full team of 4 camping the Projector Room with the 115 meteorite and MANHATTAN DOWN letters on the shelf. Ray Guns covered windows and Thundergun covered the downstairs. Door to the main stage was kept closed.

When I clicked the Zombies menu on the main menu and that eerie sound echoed as Damned started to play, I knew I was in for a hell of a ride.

StG-44 has remained one of my favorite weapons ever since I started using it in BO1's Der Riese (never played WaW without modders ruining it or playing Custom Maps with Mods myself). I'll always make room in my arsenal for one, even to the point of irrationality.

I do not, so instead my most humiliating down which was on Round 1 of Der Riese getting windmilled in the lower stairwell in spawn trying to knife the zombie and swiping the knife instead of lunging like I expected. 

First ever Easter Egg Discovery?

One of the first people to open the MPD on Moon 🙂 However I was never a big Youtuber so no credit, not that I care. But there were no guides out when we did it and I was proud as hell. We also were some of the first to progress to some of the final steps of Gorod Krovi, which we were ahead of even the live updates on Reddit! 

What was your first Easter Egg Song?

Technically Damned 😛 But 115 and Won't Back Down were the only two I had access to at the time, can't remember which I heard first

• 7 months later...

Parents house whenever WaW came out.

Nacht Der Untoten. Blew my mind after beating the game since I didn't know about it. Got all my friends playing it and would see which pairs could make it the furthest. We usually played splitscreen.

Not open the stairs in the first room and then try to hold the corner upstairs next to those same closed stairs. Someone would have the ray gun and we would unload on the door and one window until we were dead, needing max ammos and other breaks to get as far as needed. 

Immidialtey. Really started getting obsessed in the story when Kino came out. That's when I started paying attention to the online stuff and seeing all the things I missed in WaW.

Galil has a special place in my heart. 

No. Probably very quick. 

First big thing I ever found on my own without looking things up or someone showing me in game, aside from some radios, was probably the song on Kino. 

Beauty of Annihilation was probably the first I heard in game. 

• 3 weeks later...

I remember maybe... 2012? I was 10, I got Black Ops 2 for Christmas on the Wii U and played Town, not knowing anything about the story and what I was getting myself into. 

Town. Scared the shit out of me. 

Unironically, staying on the Town bar upstairs for camping with a ray gun.

When I started playing Shadows of Evil and going, "Damn, this shit's hard" in 2015. 

Unironically the PTRS. Isn't in many games.

Nada. I think I didn't know what Quick Revive was and ate shit

Not that I can remember.

For me it was most likely either Carrion or Dead Ended. Clark S. Nova is bomb.

Archived