How did it start for you?

Boom115

My cousins got me into World at War back when it came out, but I was so terrified of zombies. I actually first played zombies a bit before Der Riese came out, and was wrapped up in trying to uncover the story. I actually was on the original CoDz website under a different name, but really joined in during GKNova6. Hard to believe I've actually been invested in this story since '09, I was actually talking with Nick (Strwrsbob) about this recently and recapping all the good old memories from the past 7 years. Sadly I've only become a relatively decent player within the past couple months.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I talked with my friend who I was playing runescape with (I miss being 13). He mentioned Nazi Zombies. I'd heard about it before from other people, but never bothered to check it out. He piqued my curiosity, so I looked up a few videos. I saw 3 videos from verruckt by a youtuber named Criken2 (he's got some pretty decent videos, btw, would recommend), which sold me on the game immediately. Think I bought WaW the next day.

Played through the game to get Nacht. Started out, went to the window furthest away from the help room, and stayed there. Heard noise, but didn't know from what. Turned around at just the right time to see a zombie behind me. Knifed him, and then quit immediately, lol. From then on, I basically only played with other people. In fact, I never really soloed until BO. Anyways, not long after Shi No Numa came out came the start of the zombies storyline and this site. I was too scared to join at first. Had an account on the original site but never used it except to access the site. Made a new account two years later, after this site underwent it's revamp and BO1 was in full gear. I've been active ever since.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

This is an awesome thread. I believe every post in this thread deserves one dedicated brains. 

I agree about the brains.

It are too much posts to give them all brains, but you all deserve it

@83457 Youre completely right

I love the stories of the players more than the zombie storyline, ha! But that's just me.

A while back I told a tale of learning 'kiting/training' when i first saw it during SNN. It's under WaW, SNN; called SNN 1-40 by Fariko Zomb. If anyone else is amused by this stuff.

I am 16 now, But when WaW was first released me and my cousin got this great idea to pull an all nighter (our first one ever) doing the campaign together, it was great!! so much fun. its like 3 in the morning and we are unbelievably tired ahah (amateurs) we finish the campaign finally and we go to turn the console off and go to sleep, but just before i do it my cousin yells WAIT!! he notices this 'Nazi Zombies' mode is finally unlocked!?! so we decided to stay awake and keep playing. oh this was the most fun on a console i ever had up until that point. We made it to like round 4 and kept dying but we didn't really care. From that point on, every dlc, every zombies map we have bought and played together ever since. We fell in love with zombies....and we never knew the story line..until one day we were playing tranzit and started hearing all these quotes coming from the characters along with cutscenes we didnt really understand. so we decided to do some research online then went back through every map completing easter eggs we never knew existed! ahaha thats my little story :)

On 2/29/2016 at 8:49 PM, anonymous said:

Great stories, all of them.

I am amazed not all of you are veterans which are following the zombie story since the very first map :P

I've just hit Master Prestige in Zombies now so I will be reading up on the story since I have more time lol.

I'm more of a Zombie Slayer than a Zombie Reader :75:

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, XPG Richtofen said:

I've just hit Master Prestige in Zombies now so I will be reading up on the story since I have more time lol.

I'm more of a Zombie Slayer than a Zombie Reader :75:

Ah I see. Anyway great respect for you, if you are master prestige in it, means youre very good in zombies.

Have you once played BO1 zombies?

Just now, anonymous said:

Ah I see. Anyway great respect for you, if you are master prestige in it, means youre very good in zombies.

Have you once played BO1 zombies?

Played WAW, BO1, BO2 and now BO3, Got every Zombie Map so far, If you're a Xbox One Gamer add my GT MarioHatesLuigi

I loved Moon on BO1 had my fav weapon in it The Gersch Device, reminds me of the Ghost Buster trap lol

• Moderators
1 minute ago, XPG Richtofen said:

Played WAW, BO1, BO2 and now BO3, Got every Zombie Map so far, If you're a Xbox One Gamer add my GT MarioHatesLuigi

I loved Moon on BO1 had my fav weapon in it The Gersch Device, reminds me of the Ghost Buster trap lol

Great, I got an xbox 360, but I believe they can connect with a xbox one.

I'll add you soon and I would love it t to play moon with you.

I have bought that map not so long ago so Im not that good in it, and I dont have a headphone, but Im sure we'll have a lot of fun.

I've told this before on a similar thread but I see no problem adding it here.

I started playing zombies during Black Ops 1. My friend got it for the 360, and he introduced me to Kino. The only system I had at the time that had Black Ops was a Wii, so you bet your ass I went out the next day and bought a copy, along with a controller, rather than trying to master the wiimote.

I played all through Black Ops, got myself a PS3, and bought all the DLC for the game. I found this site around the time Rezurrection came out if I remember correctly, because I became absolutely OBSESSED with NML. It seemed like the perfect version of the game, it was fast, it required skill and cutbacks, ammo management, etc. I played until I broke 300, and tried to talk to others about how to get more, but never was able to myself.

As a side note I've always been more interested in the strategy and tactics involved with playing more than the storyline of the game. I'm trying to get more into it by reading up on things, but I don't think I'll be ready to form a coherent theory for a while... I'll leave that to the pros :D

I stayed lurking on the site till around the release of BOII, but TranZit was an enormous disappointment for me, and I kinda fell away from the community for a while. I checked back in occasionally between that and BOIII, but I wasn't contributing much at all. To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of BOII, I liked MOTD and Origins well enough, and I didn't hate Die Rise, but the maps as a whole I just didn't think were as well done as they were in BOI. And with like 10 or 11 maps to play on Black Ops, I played BOII less and less.

That was until BOIII. I bought a PS4 for the sole purpose of playing this game and seeing if Treyarch could come back from what they did with Zombies, and so far I'm really happy with the way everything turned out. SoE was a masterpiece in design and the potential for different strategies, and Der Eisendrache feels like it could have been a BOI map, with just a ton more stuff packed into it. I'm happy with things, and I hope this trend continues.

So that's my story. Also, I'm shirtlesservice because that's what my friends called me in middle school and it stuck

I had already answered a similar topic here, I can not find it, but I found a third.

A friend called me the evening July 23rd 2009 for tell me to come his home the next day because he had found something horribly terrifying in World At War. He didn't want tell me more about that.

So I went at his home and we played Nacht Der Untoten and we died, then we replayed and we died and we played again and again in split screen...

WTF is this mode !? So I searched informations about that on internet all day of Saturday 25th and... It was wunderbar !

When I learned that Black Ops was released and the Zombies mode was back I bought the game and a PS3 in 2010.

It started for me when I went round to my mates house and he had just got WaW, we played through the campaign staying up all night finishing it. Then the nazi zombies intro loads up and me and my friend were like what the hell is this? We played it none stop after that and I've been hooked ever since! It was such a breathe of fresh air zombies mode. At the time of this I used to be obsessed with gears of war horde mode. I've got a thing for survival modes.To be honest I bought BO2,3 just for the zombies. Can't stand the multiplayer anymore since they added Exo suits and what not.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Dopey Legend said:

I've got a thing for survival modes.To be honest I bought BO2,3 just for the zombies. Can't stand the multiplayer anymore since they added Exo suits and what not.

I feel you man, same for me

@XPG Richthofen I sent you a friend request on Xbox

• 4 weeks later...

Ok back when Black Ops 1 came out me and my little brother tried the zombies mode :D The map was Kino Der Toten and in the beginning we struggled to get to even round 5! But it was so addicting and we could actually notice how much we improved all the time so it kept us playing :) 

And I remember we were super hyped for some of the Black Ops 1 dlc maps :D Shangri-La and Moon trailers were awesome :D

I also remember that it was quite scary for the very first few times we played Kino :D I should probably go back to play it someday just for the nostalgia :)

For me it started all the way back when BO I came out (seeing I'm 19 now for me it was all the way back then laughs), a friend of mine I hung out with every day always played it on his Xbox and played multiplayer online. So one day he asked me "Hey, you wanna play zombies?" and I asked if he was joking, because I never thought of it actually being in a game. And he told me that he was serious, so I thought why not? So we played Kino and I was terrified of it at first, to the point of becoming paranoid at night:sweat_smile:  But I kept playing it with him and started to enjoy it a lot, and that's how I got into zombies. After  about 18 months or so I took a break from it because I found other stuff that I liked a lot and so did my friend, so we didn't play it anymore. And I only had a GameBoy Advance at home (we weren't exactly rich), so I couldn't play it myself either. And then BO II came along and we rolled back into it again, and then I found other stuff again for a while until about 18 months back or so. And now I finally have two nice consoles I can play it on, though I'd love to have BO III on the PS4 as well. But I'm firstly saving up for a really good desktop so my poor laptop doesn't have to suffer anymore, and so I can actually play it at 60 fps. Though if I'm honest 30 is still good enough for me, and the laptop is still lasting well through it.

• 3 weeks later...

My cousin J is to blame for me finding W@W.

When I saw Nacht just before Verruckt dropped on March 19th 2009 I was in love.

Hadn't play a zombies game since Resident Evil Outbreak file #2 for PS2 in 2005.

My love for the zombie started back in 98 with Dawn of the Dead on VHS.

My first zombie film was in 89 when I was 8. Older friends thought it would be a good idea to let me watch The Return of the living dead.

First encounter with the Brainzzz. Scared the crap out of me.

But now I love those old dead heads.

2010 I joined codz:

First post with mistakes & all. :shout48:

Anyway, that's how I got here.

Regards Alpha.

• Moderators

Lol, this was my first post: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/search/?&q=derailed train

I just made a quick account on this site (you can see it at my name only: Anonymous) to make a post about the derailed train in TranZit. I didnt even made introductions about myself and would leave this site after this post. But then I met people like @NaBrZHunter and @Tac and later also @Doctor Richtofen, @shirtlesservice and @Doppelgänger. The community was so kind I didnt left at the beginning and I viewed other posts. Thank you for that, everyone, I love this place and I wont leave it now :)

4 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Lol, this was my first post: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/search/?&q=derailed train

I just made a quick account on this site (you can see it at my name only: Anonymous) to make a post about the derailed train in TranZit. I didnt even made introductions about myself and would leave this site after this post. But then I met people like @NaBrZHunter and @Tac and later also @Doctor Richtofen, @shirtlesservice and @Doppelgänger. The community was so kind I didnt left at the beginning and I viewed other posts. Thank you for that, everyone, I love this place and I wont leave it now :)

I'm hooked on this community, I know I don't add to the stories or theories but I love reading them and gaining knowledge from you guys.

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Doctor Richtofen said:

I'm hooked on this community, I know I don't add to the stories or theories but I love reading them and gaining knowledge from you guys.

Being part of this community, and leave nice comments is the most important. Its good to have you on this site, friend

On 4/22/2016 at 0:56 PM, Doctor Richtofen said:

I agree on that, this community is really nice! Everyone is so down to earth, and I really like that! 

• 5 weeks later...

I first played Zombies at a friends house, I'm sure it was Verrückt, although it may have been Nacht I really can't remember. Some time later, I got my own 360, and got BO1 with it. And it really just went from there. I was a somewhat casual fan for most of BO1, but got a bit more into it by Moon. I joined the forum between BO1 and 2, and learned about the story on the run up to BO2.

Then BO2 happened, and Zombies was my life for the next 2 years until I got burnt out on just replaying the same maps, so I took a bit of a break from playing and got much more into the story, and read up on some more of the lore.

And now here we are at BO3, where I have to wait a month for each DLC because I have an XOne xD. It's not actually the worst thing, it means I have a month of seeing all the story info we get from each map, and then I get a month of actually playing it before the next release, so the cycle is actually quite good

I started at a bus station, every bastard left me there. Well I thought why not run after the bus into the fog, after all what could go wrong.

shortly after I purchased the old maps and in the desire to get better I played lots of No mans Land.. Now I can do switch backs, screen shakes and  thingymebobs . I gave up on EE after buried, that truely pissed me off. I only do EE or part thereof if I need something. Eg golden spork.

Archived