Der eisendrach and mob of the dead

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

The dogs were part of the inferno lore... They just function the same way...

The Mob of the Dead Dog Heads were actually a very last minute inclusion. (I read that in an interview, I'll try to find it)

It's probably us that relate it to something like Dante's Inferno & Cerberus more than it revolving around MotD. 

The only simularities I see, are they both have 3 heads, and they protect a sacred weapon.

Other than that they are different beings from different realms. The dogs being from hell, either Cerebus, or Fluffy in her natural realm. And the dragons being from what I believe to be the side of the Apothicons. When we follow the keeper to his dwelling, there are three holes in the ceiling that tell me the dragon(s) were reaching to us from here, but ofcourse thats my own crackpot idea.

Going outside the game, its pretty obvious this was a cookie-cutter "hey it worked the first time" kind of addition. I personally like the small challenge of filling souls in zombies but I hope they find newer ways to keep it fresh.