DragonGJY

Realm, Universe and Dimension, definitions?

DragonGJY    81

According to Maxis in Shadows of Evil:

Maxis: To any survivors of this realm, I am truly sorry. I wish I could offer you some words of comfort, but I cannot. It is my hope, that I can rid the universe of the evil that has plagued us for so long. But in my heart, I know many more dimensions will be lost forever as we continue our journey towards peace. Forgive me.

Maxis mentioned "realm", "universe" and "dimension" in a single monologue. I know the multi-universe had been a concept starting from Origins. But the definition of such three words remained pretty vague.

Could anyone clear it up for me? :)

anonymous    323

It very complicated and still not fully proved that it's true but here's what we think:

There are endless dimensions, each with its own universe, but in the zombie storyline we noticed five: The WaW/BO1/Tranzit/Die rise/Burried dimension, the MotD/SoE dimension, the dimension with the house and the children, the Origins dimension and the The Giant/DE dimension.

I can tell you how these dimensions are connected, but please read the zombie storyline for that.

So, there are many dimensions with universes, but every dimension has 3 realms: The earth, the Aether and the Agartha (about Agartha we arent sure if its a realm or a dimension, but probably a realm)

Now, you should read the post "the 3 realms if you wanna know more about these.

Hope I could help, if you have any questions, please ask, I think this subject is very interesting.

• Like 2

Awards

NaBrZHunter    488

What he said ^ with perhaps one argument: I would say that there are possibly only two realms per Universe: Agartha and Earth, with the Aethereal plane being the fabric of spacetime that keeps all dimensions in place. This is based on Richtofen's SoE note in which he points out that 115 is the fabric of spacetime-what's holding it all together. 

SoE Scrap Note, courtesy of @MrRoflWaffles:

image.thumb.jpeg.fe52d358c1a89f1ff5ed20a

Now there is another theory that I really feel good about, and that's the Wheel Spoke Theory of Spacetime. I would credit the individual who suggested it, but I don't recall where it was posted. Somewhere on this site. I'll find it at some point and edit this. 

The Wheel Spoke Theory suggests that each Dimension contains Earth and our solar system, at least; the Athereal plane, that is, the fabric of spacetime holds all dimensions in their place in the spacetime continuum, while Agartha, instead of being a world at the center of the earth, is instead inside of a dimension positioned in the center of all Earthly dimensions, which are arranged around it in such a way that drawing lines from each Earthly dimension to the single Agarthan dimension would resemble the spokes of a wheel, with Agartha being the axis. 

Whew! Didn't mean to turn this into an essay. @anonymous basically had it covered, but this topic is my 'don't get me started topic.' Lol

• Like 1

anonymous    323

Thanks, didnt knew about the Wheel Spoke Theory.

I understand it a bit more now

Awards

NaBrZHunter    488
14 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Thanks, didnt knew about the Wheel Spoke Theory.

I understand it a bit more now

It's a CoDZ user theory-I've never heard of it anywhere else. The only problem is, it doesn't really settle with the diagram of the universes on the SoE scrap, as they appear to be arranged in a ordered formation. However, that doesn't rule out the idea of a Spherical theory, where perhaps the universes are arranged around Agartha in a sphere-like formation...that actually makes more sense than a flat, spoked wheel. It's the same concept, just with the depth and volume of a sphere added, making a worth of 'Aethereal Galaxy' where Agartha is the center. 

DragonGJY    81

So, will it be safe to say -"dimension = universe"? Or what is the difference?

(I think I asked @NaBrZHunter the question before but didnt yet get it well)

I think realm is more understandable and i can pretty much get it.

anonymous    323

Yeah, it quite the same.

Every dimension consists of its own earth, solar system and universe

Awards

NaBrZHunter    488

Exactly. I think it would be safe to say that a dimension contains a universe. So basically the same...one contains the other. 

Aether contains all dimensions -> each dimension contains a universe

Oh! lol - what @anonymous said ^^

Tattoo247    118

Seems like Realm and dimension  would be the same. With every universe, there is (theoretically) multiple universes that mirror it. Universe of fire, Universe of chocolate ect ect..

Dimension is about depth,  so I could say a Universe, or Realm would hold the dimension. 

Like a fish bowl being the Universe, the water the dimension, with the Realm being all the matter inside, including the water.

Edited by Tattoo247

Tac    462

I like to think of all mentions of "universe" with a capital U, in a fashion similar to what @Tattoo247 said. The Universe is everything, and it contains realms and dimensions (which may or may not be the same thing). I'm unsure on how I feel about the latter two, though I generally took them to be interchangeable.