Dragon Eggs & An Arena/Tumulus

Rissole25

So it turns out there is some interesting stuff located in the Keeper Boss fight room. At first I joked and thought "ha, it's so dark, imagine if a scrap of paper was hidden in here" but figured Treyarch wouldn't do that as it's nigh impossible to see anything due to the darkness and how chaotic it is. I had a game in my Theatre where I ended up there and thought why not check it out. So I got to there, set up some lights thanks to the new Theatre features and discovered these.

codz4_zpszoljriom.jpgcodz3_zpspufpz8ah.jpg
codz2_zpscsmpolcw.jpgcodz1_zps0246kmv0.jpg

(ignore the volcanic dirt mounds and panzer pieces, just theatre mode glitching)

Altogether we have:

5 Dragon Statues/Pillars (each have blue glowing lines on them (seems to be 115/LD), one head is broken off but still seems to be active)
16 Dragon Eggs (3 on each pillar, one pillar has a 4th)
3 Holes in the ceiling
8 Sides/Wall
8 Semi-circles

These are really interesting finds and I'm not sure what to make of all of it honestly. The area, seems like a fighting arena due to the seating around the sides, or maybe a summoning chamber. The roof actually seems like it was added later on, because there is no entrance or exit to this whole place. The dragon statues and eggs are the most perplexing part. They are just there.

Here's my very bad theory on it: This was a fighting arena, due to the seating. In it, men battled each other and beasts, like dragons. Eventually it was made into a burial crypt, and a tumulus/barrow/mound was built over it. The three holes in the roof you could say are for the Panzer Soldats but they actually don't spawn in through those. So what I'm thinking, there were dragons, or dragon eggs inside when the mound was built. These dragons created those holes, and escaped. Those three may or may not be the dragons we see in-game.
The skeletons I believe may possibly be Draugr, an undead creature from Norse mythology. They are typically found in crypts and tombs, and it does fit the recent Norse mythology we seem to be getting in Zombies. It's sounds very much like Skyrim (Dragons escaping mounds, Draugr in tumulus) but I do think it could be plausible.

It does not answer everything though. Why the 115 etched and running through the dragon statues? Is this what brings them alive? And why does the Keeper transport us here? We're meant to cleanse the Keeper, was the location key to doing this or not?

Anyhow, did a video on it if you wanted to see more of it.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Ohh shit, looks like you've found the "Cocoons", needed for Shadows. Wouldn't that be crazy as F**K. A multi-map Easter Egg (not to be confused with NavCard Tables), ohh the fuckery "Trollarch" could cause with this.

Oh god don't even haha. It's like you gotta pick up the egg, than that carries over to Shadows kinda like the Focusing Stone/Vril Device.

3 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

Oh god don't even haha. It's like you gotta pick up the egg, than that carries over to Shadows kinda like the Focusing Stone/Vril Device.

Very similar. I mean the "Apothicon" translation sheet had "Memory" at the bottom. When you turn your console off, upon rebooting, the game remembers the last character which you played with (not connected to the internet & on Local).

______

Now this may all be coincidence, but the way those "Eggs" look, are similar to that of the "Cocoon".

There are 3 around each statue, there also happens to be 3 holes in the ceiling. Ironically enough, there are 3 different "Cocoons" you can find.

The "Cocoons" appear to be "Off", I'm curious how the coding read during Moon, in an instance where Richtofen didnt actually have the "Golden Rod" as this actually appears at the bottom of the Screen.

________

Watch it end up being something similar, requiring something specific from each DLC, in order for the "Cocoon" to finally be Found/Used.

However, what if doing the "Newspaper" Easter Egg changes something within Shadows. There are 3 of them.

57 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Very similar. I mean the "Apothicon" translation sheet had "Memory" at the bottom. When you turn your console off, upon rebooting, the game remembers the last character which you played with (not connected to the internet & on Local).

______

Now this may all be coincidence, but the way those "Eggs" look, are similar to that of the "Cocoon".

There are 3 around each statue, there also happens to be 3 holes in the ceiling. Ironically enough, there are 3 different "Cocoons" you can find.

The "Cocoons" appear to be "Off", I'm curious how the coding read during Moon, in an instance where Richtofen didnt actually have the "Golden Rod" as this actually appears at the bottom of the Screen.

________

Watch it end up being something similar, requiring something specific from each DLC, in order for the "Cocoon" to finally be Found/Used.

However, what if doing the "Newspaper" Easter Egg changes something within Shadows. There are 3 of them.

"memory" ... I think you just have to remember the signs in the windows....

Maybe something change if you let the bows at their Table and go in the biss fight...

The thing about the dragon eggs being cocoons...I dont think so but it's sure worth a try....

1 minute ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@The Meh

@Nightmare Voyager

In the first post I was being sarcastic.

The second I was just pointing out coincidences, and ended by stating I think it'll involve something within each DLC. 

Have you ever seen the "Cocoons" they are definitely "Egg" shaped.

I have and they look nothing like the eggs.

25 minutes ago, PINNAZ said:

Awesome stuff @Rissole25

. Great pics. 

Interested in where this place is? Where have they been transported too?

Imagine looking at an arm right now, from the forearm to the forehand. Where the forehand would be, does that not look like the "Cursed" Symbol.

Screenshot_2016-02-20-09-53-44_2.jpg.dbb

Now if you look at this next image, does it not look exactly like a Pod from Shadows. Within that I see the Shadows PaP.

Screenshot_2016-02-20-10-34-52_1.jpg.65d

11 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Imagine looking at an arm right now, from the forearm to the forehand. Where the forehand would be, does that not look like the "Cursed" Symbol.

Screenshot_2016-02-20-09-53-44_2.jpg.dbb

Now if you look at this next image, does it not look exactly like a Pod from Shadows. Within that I see the Shadows PaP.

Screenshot_2016-02-20-10-34-52_1.jpg.65d

I think you are having major Pareidolias. I cannot see any of this that you are describing, whatsoever.

Awesome stuff! Just a thought to throw out there, maybe this place is the castle depicted in painting 3 of the wolf bow step. It's certainly an old place and still has that medieval look to it.

I've actually found this place by glitching out of the map in theater mode, you can't enter it and its just a big black box you cant see through. It is pretty close to the vault room where you go back in time to see Groph. Probably nothing but worth mentioning.

Edited by Tattoo247
16 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

Focus only on the "Electric Blue".

I did but it looks nothing like a pod. They aren't round or have a circle pattern. The are like ribbed or something.

On 21/2/2016 at 6:35 AM, Tattoo247 said:

I've actually found this place by glitching out of the map in theater mode, you can't enter it and its just a big black box you cant see through. It is pretty close to the vault room where you go back in time to see Groph. Probably nothing but worth mentioning.

The reason it's all black is to keep it all in darkness. The holes in the roof will never have light because the black box is out there, and you can't exactly light it up. Kinda like how when you teleport, your transported to a black box with the teleporter images in front of you.

Good find Tac. I knew the symbol seemed familiar but I couldn't quite place where I'd seen it.

EDIT: NO LONGER A THIEF, I'M FINALLY A PANZER :D