Sign in to follow this  
Mosh Destroyer

How to level the bowie knife?

DaveLo07    172

The levelling up on the Bowie knife is pretty buggy. I found that it rarely even registered kills when trying to unlock the camos. The way to level it up is blast furnace. Run a train, activate blast furnace and knife as the zombies die. It is still a slow process, and I don't think this is the intended way to do it, but the Bowie knife will level up this way.

JJMFP    54

It amazes me the amount of glitches are in this game.  I too have been trying to level up the bowie knife with little success.  This, among a host of other glitchy programming, needs to be addressed.   Is there an incentive to leveling everything in zombies mode up?  My life will not be complete until my bowie knife is maxed.

Awards

83457    263

360, it originally leveled up. Now it's on level 1, completely unleveled. I can't do the BF BK glitch to level it either, unless W'sW is messing it up.

Nieno69    126

Anyone maxed the Bowie out yet? I miss 3 weopons and one of them OS the bowie... Anyone can help me?

Awards

DaveLo07    172

Use the method I described above, easiest map to do it on is The Giant. Run trains, shoot with blast furnace then knife as they die. Max level is 11 and it will take roughly 300 kills per level, but the levelling progress seems inconsistent/buggy. 

Nieno69    126
1 hour ago, DaveLo07 said:

Use the method I described above, easiest map to do it on is The Giant. Run trains, shoot with blast furnace then knife as they die. Max level is 11 and it will take roughly 300 kills per level, but the levelling progress seems inconsistent/buggy. 

Thx... but I missed to say I tried before - about 400 kills i have the camos but still no lvl up .... will try again after the next Patch maybe....

Awards

DaveLo07    172

It could even be over 400 kills per level. I was trying to give a rough estimation but was levelling up other weapons without ammo variants first, so was doing this later in games. I also unlocked all camos without any progression before the Bowie knife started to level up, so it may be worth another shot. It is definitely the most time consuming weapon to level up, and will cause a few stupid downs frantically knifing as you activate blast furnace. Hopefully they will fix it at some point so that it can be maxed out by the proper means, most my kills with the Bowie knife without blast furnace did not register or count towards camos.

Edited by DaveLo07