Ragdo11706

Does Size Matter

Ragdo11706    363

*Haha get your damn mind out the Gutter ;-)

Seriously though, I'm curious about you guys/gals ideal Screen Size, whether it be an HDTV or a Monitor (that don't require a pc) to make Zombies the most enjoyable for you.

• What plays the best, as far as movement goes.
  • What looks the best, where it's not stretched & distorted.
  • Don't cause strain to your eyes, you don't have to sit a mile away from it.

I currently use a 42" Vizio, 3D HDTV. It's nice for Blu-Rays, I love how deep the blacks are and how crisp it looks. It has an 80,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio, as well as 240hz refresh rate.

DaveLo07    172

I don't think size matters. Mine is a little smaller than yours but it really comes down to how you use it. ;)

Seriously though, my TV is 38" and the quality is reasonably good. However, it has an LCD screen which I would advise against in general, but especially for gaming. It means that you have to allign yourself at the perfect angle to the tv or certain areas are really hard to make out, and the lighting in the room has to be perfect. 

• Like 2

NaBrZHunter    488

It definitely does. Of course, where you position yourself and the posture you maintain is key. I have actually managed to injure myself with bad posture playing too long too suddenly after a significant sabbatical. Crazy, I know. But I managed. Woke up the next day feeling like I'd been stabbed between the shoulder blades. 

But I have a 32-inch that works great for me. Given a choice, though, I might do 42, but no larger. 

• Like 1

Ragdo11706    363

Haha, I'm dying.

________

Yea, I used to play on my 32" Vizio, which is an LCD. When I bought the 3d Vizio, the difference the LED made was insane, even on older games such as Black Ops I & II. 

The reason I asked is because I've always heard that the best size to use is something in the range of 24-28".

_________

I'm just curious what everyone elses setup here happens to be, as I'm looking to get a new Tv/Monitor to use for gaming and I've been told of an Asus that's supposed to be pretty decent, however I'm not that educated on gaming Monitors/Tv.

JJMFP    54

@Ragdo11706

55" and I sit three feet away.  I wanna feel like I am in it.  I want to be able to see the zombies butt hairs when I singe them off with BlastFurnace :o)

• Like 1

Awards

Ragdo11706    363
1 hour ago, JJMFP said:

@Ragdo11706

55" and I sit three feet away.  I wanna feel like I am in it.  I want to be able to see the zombies butt hairs when I singe them off with BlastFurnace :o)

Hahaha, same.

I guess the better question then should be something along the lines of, What's the best lighting to use while gaming?!?!

83457    263

In my opinion, you need your fovia (high sensor area of your eye) to be able to register all movement (some people have more tunnel vision than others). So you shouldn't be too close, or have too large of a tv for the relative distance at which you sit.

My face is 7-8 feet from my 32" lcd (lcd isn't bad, that totally depends on the individual set's quality-I've sold them). I think that about 4-5 feet would be best for 32" for me, but I'm broken and must lay on the floor for much of my existence. Combine that factor with my 6'6" height and the tv can only get so close (since i must lay down).

I like a small table lamp on (but the direct light blocked from shining into the side of my face), but relatively dim (i have excellent night vision, despite myopia/cataract surgery/unbalanced vision. One eye sees about 6 inches, one can only see past 7 feet).

I find this thread's stuff important for CoD MP, but not so important to a good zombie game, since they aren't head glitching with a sniper over the mystery box. :)

• Like 1

Tattoo247    118

Honestly I use a 34" Vizio flatscreen with 1080p max resolution. No special gold cables or anything.

It doesn't bother me much because I'm usually about 2 ft from my screen. I have played the majority of zombies on that TV, but I've also played on a 10 ft wall and even though other people in the room were saying it was messing with them, I couldn't tell a difference.

As far as Multiplayer maps, a bigger screen is definitely an advantage. Especially if you are comfortable at long distance battles. But I rarely play MP (lvl 20 ish no prestige)

I think once you get used to a certain size you just make it work (giggety!)

Edited by Tattoo247
  • Like 1

Ragdo11706    363

@83457

I placed it in the Zombies category, because believe it or not it actually does make a difference. I have a 19" Vizio LED I tried playing on, haha fuck that. 

The difference comes when your trying to gather the hoard and that blind spot you have where they chase you around and around in a tight circle. On the little TV, I find it harder as your more likely to get hit.

Also I'm not a MP guy, level 0 Prestige 0, 00hrs, 00mins, 00secs.

@Tattoo247

The Vizio I played on prior to the one I currently use, was a 32" LCD. This is the same one I used to play Black Ops I & II on. Honestly this is my preferred TV but the quality compared to the LED is like night & day. 

I sit fairly close to my screen as well, no more than 3' away, the further I get away from the Screen, the harder it is for me to see, therefore making gameplay unenjoyable.

The problem I'm running into is the lighting in the room, being either too bright or too dark.

• Like 1

Tattoo247    118
20 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@83457

I placed it in the Zombies category, because believe it or not it actually does make a difference. I have a 19" Vizio LED I tried playing on, haha fuck that. 

The difference comes when your trying to gather the hoard and that blind spot you have where they chase you around and around in a tight circle. On the little TV, I find it harder as your more likely to get hit.

Also I'm not a MP guy, level 0 Prestige 0, 00hrs, 00mins, 00secs.

@Tattoo247

The Vizio I played on prior to the one I currently use, was a 32" LCD. This is the same one I used to play Black Ops I & II on. Honestly this is my preferred TV but the quality compared to the LED is like night & day. 

I sit fairly close to my screen as well, no more than 3' away, the further I get away from the Screen, the harder it is for me to see, therefore making gameplay unenjoyable.

The problem I'm running into is the lighting in the room, being either too bright or too dark.

You need to invest in some dark curtains my friend. I had the same problem way back but curtains help, or put the Tv/entertainment center in front of the window.

I am also near sighted, so that's why I sit close to the tv, plus I can keep the volume on about 16 and can hear everything if I decide not to hook up my headset.

Tac    462

17" computer monitor via DVI and I'll take it any day over my prior 60" HDTV. Not sure why, but it just looks amazing.

Ragdo11706    363

@Tattoo247

Solid Black, double panel, room darkening :-). I'm talking more along the lines of at night when all the lights are off.

@Tac

See I feel like a 24" would work well for me, as long as the quality was there.

• Like 1

Tattoo247    118
25 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@Tattoo247

Solid Black, double panel, room darkening :-). I'm talking more along the lines of at night when all the lights are off.

@Tac

See I feel like a 24" would work well for me, as long as the quality was there.

So what's the problem? Your lamp reflecting? Or perhaps the lightbar on the ps4 controller?

Ragdo11706    363
34 minutes ago, Tattoo247 said:

So what's the problem? Your lamp reflecting? Or perhaps the lightbar on the ps4 controller?

Is it best to have a small table lamp behind you on. Mines to the side and it causes a glare it the corner of my eye that bugs the shit out if me.

83457    263
On 2/23/2016 at 7:43 PM, Ragdo11706 said:

Is it best to have a small table lamp behind you on. Mines to the side and it causes a glare it the corner of my eye that bugs the shit out if me.

I have 2 cereal boxes stapled together as a blind to block the side light from my table lamp. I'm embarrassed by it's white-trashiness, but it's effective. I intend to get a picturesque folding blind but where to find one?

Ragdo11706    363

@83457

________

With the most recent update, the addition of the Color-Blind Filters Treyarch added, has helped out tremendously. 

It's amazing how something so simple, makes the way you see the game, the way it was meant to be seen.

• Like 1

83457    263

I can imagine. In a couple of cods (mp), the colorblind filter made the names blue and orange,  rather than green and red. It was so much easier to see than the red and green, which blended into all of the browns.

I saw a shirt that had a slogan "I (red heart) the colorblind" but, in the heart in small green letters, it said "secretly loathe". Horrible, i know, but it cracked me up.