Der Eisendrache all high round strategies! Updated 3/15/16

shirtlesservice

54 minutes ago, AllStar_Caino said:

I know it's a bit late but I have to disagree with the Widows Wine being taken out.

Me and a friend have managed to get this a few times but we are spending thousands and thousands to get this, they just seemed to make it much rarer.

I'm pretty sure that @Chopper and his high round buddies figured out through testing and seeing proportionally how much it took to get the perk... I think we figured out it's just a very low percentage, like 2% or so chance of actually getting it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, shirtlesservice said:

I'm pretty sure that @Chopper and his high round buddies figured out through testing and seeing proportionally how much it took to get the perk... I think we figured out it's just a very low percentage, like 2% or so chance of actually getting it.

It took like at least 25K points to get it first time, I keep getting mule kick or deadshot coming up mainly. 2% seems about right. 

• 3 months later...

Hi. First off, I'm on my phone, so it's hard to watch those videos or wait for that first post to load, so if this was covered already, i apologize. 

My thought is from my DE map/mode thread; using Storm Bow in The Pit for speed rounds.

The Pit: The area by DT2, both ground doors closed (750 point door by start, 1000 point door by GG/DT2). Area is accessed by opening the 500 point barrier above DT2 and dropping down. ABH! GG to leave if needed (for Shield or other reasons).

You can build the Storm Bow without entering The Pit. 

PaP the krm (BF or maybe Turned) and you have a krm wallbuy in The Pit. The shotgun is good for Panzer or circling zombies.

GobbleGum Machine always available to spam for the needed GG.

Camp at Start Room steps, just outside of Start. Bow/Ragnarok keep them from you.

Or circle by the Fire Bow circle.

6 entry spots for zombies in The Pit, 2 above DT2, and 4 more near that (courtyard broken wall, courtyard window bottom of steps, courtyard window by 1000 point door, window heading up towards Bastion). With 12 nearby load zones, zombies should load fast. 

Yes, no, or maybe?

I will try it later, for now, it's academic. 

(The Unmazing Camp Method, DE version. Ha).

Edit: First game attempt; i died on 36, but the rounds were under a minute and hectic. I had QR, to test how playable it is if you lose Juggernog. I went down on 35, couldn't get ABH! as I had just passed it up to get a needed AAntithesis, but it was fairly easy to run without Juggernog (but i did finally get a good slapping, escaped,  only to fall to a speed load, speed attack dog).

Zombies only came in the 6 closest spawns. I tested this by putting Trip Mines where they would drop down from the Wundersphere. Those TMs never triggered. So they come in the 3 windows and over the wall in 3 spots.

Camping the steps was claustrophobic, but functional with Ragnarok and charged Storm Bow shots. Running an oblong loop worked best. 

The Panzer falls through the wall by the steps...

The shotgun was hard to use so far due to the hecticness. Turned (camping), Thunderwall (running loop), or maybe Fireworks (either) might be more apropo?

It's high risk, high reward. I feel it'd work as a good group game for fun and/or high rounds.

Pretty cool ideas here. If I'm going for a really high round I usually end up camping next to Quick Revive and keeping that door closed. Maybe that's lame, but I've been to round 37 with ease. Only died because I ran out of ammo. 

Anyone got any good tips for getting ammo on high rounds? I didn't have Mule Kick, maybe that would make it easier since I could have a third gun (more ammo).

Any thoughts?

Btw, I just did a really unusual challenge on my YouTube channel on Der Eisendrache. It's called the "NO KILL" Challenge. Check it out! 

28 minutes ago, TheJoshWatson said:

Pretty cool ideas here. If I'm going for a really high round I usually end up camping next to Quick Revive and keeping that door closed. Maybe that's lame, but I've been to round 37 with ease. Only died because I ran out of ammo. 

Anyone got any good tips for getting ammo on high rounds? I didn't have Mule Kick, maybe that would make it easier since I could have a third gun (more ammo).

Any thoughts?

Btw, I just did a really unusual challenge on my YouTube channel on Der Eisendrache. It's called the "NO KILL" Challenge. Check it out! 

Hey TJW! Welcome.

1. Camping isn't lame, it may not get you as far as training, but it is more exciting. Well, some WW camping is kind of dull. So i guess it depends. 

2. Max Ammo: on DE, your options are;

Don't camp (training uses almost no ammo with BF on PaP'd gun. I've had almost zero ammo issues to mid 50s). But if camping brings you joy, then...

Don't move the box. By not moving the box, you don't get fire sales, so you get more max ammo.

Don't buy QR. If I've heard correctly,  buying QR gets you Death Machine drops (this is a trade-off if camping, because DM headshots well until about 42, then it can't stop the horde fast enough).

Best idea: Alchemical Antithesis and/or Cache Back (max ammo) GGs. Spam the GGm to keep getting to the CB or AA, even if you have it. Hit the machine once per round, more if needed (up to thrice, with an increasing price).

So if i use only AA, and 4 other GG that don't give ammo, the GGm will cycle through my 5 options, then it will rearrange the 5 GG order and cycle through them again. So, if i just got AA, i will have to finish the cycle of five, and somewhere in the next cycle, i get it again. Watch your ammo, use 1 AA, if you come across another AA, pick it up to be at 2 AA again. Spamming the GGm is an integral part of high round DE.

3. Mule Kick can help with a 4 player camp. It isn't really a great option though, imo.

4. Round 20 survive? Too easy to get the whole crowd behind you, then run circles until you black out. Get on the Parapet by the clock tower. Do circles with a couple of reverses, then you have the whole crowd. Just walk in circles until you can't take it anymore. (Unless i missed something, i didn't watch the whole video).

Happy gaming!

DE DT2 Pit strategy update (From Post 54).

[This is an exciting way to play, with the 1000 point door by DT2 closed, start room 750 point door to DT2 closed, drop in from above DT2 (500 point gate). ABH! GG is your only escape means. 6 zombies entrances for speed loads].

Update: testing shows that if you open the 1000 point door, zombies do come from the courtyard, which slows down the strategy. Same with the start door.

Note, this is a hectic-fast strategy, so i would suggest jumping down here when others get too slow or dangerous. The Quick Revive camp stategy will get you up in rounds fairly quickly, then jump in here once that becomes too tricky to camp.

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, andydabeast said:

Man how long does it take to get to wave 50 and 100? We always end up going to bed or something somewhere in the 30's. One of these days I will just stay up all night on a Friday and see how far I can get. 

On solo? Depends. Less than a couple hours to 50 if you get the storm bow and camp. Up to 6 hours (or maybe more if things go badly) using the same strategy, you can get to 100 in just a few hours if you have loads of GGs stockpiled. I've got a lot of gums these days and with Eisendrache I tend to go with Perkaholic, Alchemical, Cache Back, Round Robbin' and Shopping Free. Then at the start of the round if I get Perkaholic then nvm, hopefully my ammo lasts and definitely will do if I have an ammo gum. Otherwise though, I can use Shopping Free for a couple more goes at the machine, or if I get RR then obviously skipping the round will save me ammo, and obviously the ammo gums = continued camping which = speed. So with this setup, it'd probably be camping all the way to round 100 :D

On 1/18/2017 at 8:46 PM, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

On solo? Depends. Less than a couple hours to 50 if you get the storm bow and camp. Up to 6 hours (or maybe more if things go badly) using the same strategy, you can get to 100 in just a few hours if you have loads of GGs stockpiled. I've got a lot of gums these days and with Eisendrache I tend to go with Perkaholic, Alchemical, Cache Back, Round Robbin' and Shopping Free. Then at the start of the round if I get Perkaholic then nvm, hopefully my ammo lasts and definitely will do if I have an ammo gum. Otherwise though, I can use Shopping Free for a couple more goes at the machine, or if I get RR then obviously skipping the round will save me ammo, and obviously the ammo gums = continued camping which = speed. So with this setup, it'd probably be camping all the way to round 100 :D

I just got to round 40 not using bows. Did a train at the death ray with deadwire on both guns and activated the deathray if there was a panzer. Deadwire seems to activate instantly as long as the electricity from the last activation is gone. I was doing a whole wave with one mag of one LMG 10 bullets at a time. 

Only took me an hour. I think they spawn fast up there and it is a pap location. 

11 minutes ago, andydabeast said:

I just got to round 40 not using bows. Did a train at the death ray with deadwire on both guns and activated the deathray if there was a panzer. Deadwire seems to activate instantly as long as the electricity from the last activation is gone. I was doing a whole wave with one mag of one LMG 10 bullets at a time. 

Only took me an hour. I think they spawn fast up there and it is a pap location. 

Yeah, if you only wanna go to 30-40 then it'd not worth doing the bows, the quickest way would be to camp the stairs in the church until 20-30 and then run the Death Ray with Dead Wire like you said from then onwards. For 50 or above though, you'll save a lot of time in the long run doing the storm bow and then camping to victory.

Dead Wire takes 5 roughly seconds to charge between shots. Pretty much the strategy for every map now - if the map has a power-camping weapon, use that, if not then get Dead Wire on a wall gun, find a place that has fast spawns and is safe to run and then go HAM. Sometimes as well it's good to get Turned on another gun and fire off a shot every time your turned zombie dies, then he can run around killing zombies one by one as well which saves you a lot of time and effort.

Archived