Never Ending Round 5?

I'm playing a solo game, and I'm kind of running around trying to learn the map and the upgrade steps, since its only my second time on this map. I get to the end of round 5, and I am holding a zombie, waiting for the rocket sequence to begin to try and get the part for the gravity spikes. Once it starts, i hit the lever and run out of there leaving the zombie behind me to its death, and past the closed doors, a horde of zombies begins to spawn as if it's round 20. I grabbed the part and ran out of there and went to feed souls to the electric lamps around the map. After I get done I go to the center of the map to finish off the round to do the next step and realized that it was still round 5. I kept killing the zombies and they kept respawning as if the number of zombies was infinite. I'm still currently in this game, still on round 5, with 300 kills and 20,000 score. Any ideas as to why this happened? I knew back in SoE there was a glitch to increase the number of zombies by injuring them and then finishing a ritual, which would then produce 2 more zombies per every 1 injured zombie. I don't see how that glitch would relate to this besides if maybe the zombies duplicate whenever they die in the rocket launch site, or whenever you teleport or take a pod. 

Edit: The round finally ended. I had 400 kills on round 5

Edited by ZiDyLaNiz
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, ZiDyLaNiz said:

I'm playing a solo game, and I'm kind of running around trying to learn the map and the upgrade steps, since its only my second time on this map. I get to the end of round 5, and I am holding a zombie, waiting for the rocket sequence to begin to try and get the part for the gravity spikes. Once it starts, i hit the lever and run out of there leaving the zombie behind me to its death, and past the closed doors, a horde of zombies begins to spawn as if it's round 20. I grabbed the part and ran out of there and went to feed souls to the electric lamps around the map. After I get done I go to the center of the map to finish off the round to do the next step and realized that it was still round 5. I kept killing the zombies and they kept respawning as if the number of zombies was infinite. I'm still currently in this game, still on round 5, with 300 kills and 20,000 score. Any ideas as to why this happened? I knew back in SoE there was a glitch to increase the number of zombies by injuring them and then finishing a ritual, which would then produce 2 more zombies per every 1 injured zombie. I don't see how that glitch would relate to this besides if maybe the zombies duplicate whenever they die in the rocket launch site, or whenever you teleport or take a pod. 

Edit: The round finally ended. I had 400 kills on round 5

This happened to me on round 12, just this past game. I think it has to do with the zombies spawning in when you go to get the ragnarok, it's been happening consistently

I am on X1 & have not yet played this map. But I was watching some friends stream the EE hunt & they realised what could possibly be done by this mechanic.

They were on round 4 & realised that they could activate this "endless round" mechanic to help kick start the EE.

So they tried to collect the DG4 piece straight away. I'm not 100% sure but it's got something to do with pulling the switch at the launch pad. About 15-20 mins later, they were on round 6, with ALL Bows upgraded & nearly everything open & active. I don't know how many kills or points they had, but it would have been alot.

But, you have to wait until Round 12 for the Panzer to spawn in to collect the piece it drops.

This is the game mechanic that is made to be exploited. It makes the EE steps probably a bit easier so it wont be such a high round with the spawns being so crazy during this quest.

Handy information for everybody to know. Solo or Co-op modes

8 minutes ago, PINNAZ said:

I am on X1 & have not yet played this map. But I was watching some friends stream the EE hunt & they realised what could possibly be done by this mechanic.

They were on round 4 & realised that they could activate this "endless round" mechanic to help kick start the EE.

So they tried to collect the DG4 piece straight away. I'm not 100% sure but it's got something to do with pulling the switch at the launch pad. About 15-20 mins later, they were on round 6, with ALL Bows upgraded & nearly everything open & active. I don't know how many kills or points they had, but it would have been alot.

But, you have to wait until Round 12 for the Panzer to spawn in to collect the piece it drops.

This is the game mechanic that is made to be exploited. It makes the EE steps probably a bit easier so it wont be such a high round with the spawns being so crazy during this quest.

Handy information for everybody to know. Solo or Co-op modes

This makes sense to me, as the people I saw it happen to had it happen on round 12 when the Panzer spawned in & they collected the first piece.

A similar situation just happened to me but this one was kind of weird. Waiting on the launch pad to hit the switch, I killed the zombie to start the next round, and then activated the switch and ran away. Well, the next round happened to be hell hounds and regular zombies started spawning but they were covered in fire and lighting, and exploded as a hell hounds does when it dies. After I killed all of these hell hound/zombie breeds regular hounds started spawning but the round was about 3x as long as normal. Something is funky about that rocked pad lever

I'm really confused/interested in how this works. Yes, once you pull the switch, zombies will start spawning back in the teleporter area. Some electric, some explosive. It's meant to make it more difficult to hit the switch by the teleporter to spawn the Ragnarok part. Now, the first time I tried this (also on round 5) I had zombies spawning in for what seemed like ages. Wave after wave kept coming, and about 45 minutes later I was still on round 5. To be fair, I wasn't constantly killing zombies that whole time, but as I was running around the map I killed quite a few and they kept spawning. After I finally got down to the last zombie, I had upgraded one bow, and had earned enough points to PaP my gun twice, buy three more perks, got downed, bought 4 perks again, and still had points left over. Then I did the same trick, spawned in another wave, and it wasn't as many this time. Probably about two more full waves.

Since then I have tried it a few more times, and only got a handful of zombies. Basically only the ones that spawned in while the rocket was test firing, then after the doors opened they stopped.

So I've got a few working theories on this;

1. Treyarch saw how exploitable this is and already hotfixed it in to spawn less zombies. I find it doubtful that they would have fixed this so quickly, but I guess it's a possibility.

2. There's a glitch that causes far more zombies to spawn than what is intended.

3. There's some unknown variable that dictates the amount of zombies that spawn.

I'm leaning towards 2, but hoping there's a way to re-create it when you want to.

I'm wondering if maybe the first couple times I did it, I was spamming the square button on the switch repeatedly and somehow it tricked the game into spawning multiple waves of zombies (as if I had enabled the switch multiple times). Or, maybe staying in the teleporter area longer will cause zombies to spawn for a longer time. The last few times I did it, I know I ran out the door as soon as it opened. Not sure about the first time. Other than that, I can't think of anything I did differently the first couple times. All attempts have been solo, on the same round, with the base bow unlocked, and with Jugg. I also never actually hit the switch (the one next to the teleporter) to get the part, as I was intentionally using this to get more zombie spawns.

I plan on doing some testing with this when I have time, but if anyone else knows how this works, please let me know.

Edited by Megaton A
7 hours ago, ZiDyLaNiz said:

A similar situation just happened to me but this one was kind of weird. Waiting on the launch pad to hit the switch, I killed the zombie to start the next round, and then activated the switch and ran away. Well, the next round happened to be hell hounds and regular zombies started spawning but they were covered in fire and lighting, and exploded as a hell hounds does when it dies. After I killed all of these hell hound/zombie breeds regular hounds started spawning but the round was about 3x as long as normal. Something is funky about that rocked pad lever

You always get fire/exploding and electrified zombies after hitting the switch.

10 hours ago, Megaton A said:

You always get fire/exploding and electrified zombies after hitting the switch.

I realized this after I made the post. They spawned on dog round though, and they were 100% in electric/fire form. Normally it's just a mix. Unless the human form zombies spawn after the rocket test sequence no matter the circumstances

Well, looks like my mystery has been solved... and patched. Apparently it had to do with actually killing zombies when the rocket ignites after hitting the switch. According to the newest patch notes;

-Resolved a bug where an increased number of zombies would respawn after being killed via the A-10 Rocket platform trap.

That sucks. I loved having a crazy amount of zombies on round 5.

same scenario happened to me and it was actually during one of my first times going to the rocket launch area in solo. I had around 390 before the round ended. I can't possibly be the only one that thought of using this as a new form of NML. reminded me of the good ole days. I knew they would patch it though. lol.