Pablo Marinus, the Mexican?

Tac

• Administrators

Hey guys, Tac here! Der Eisendrache has given us a ton of new information to look through and included in this is some stuff about the Mexican and Pablo Marinus you may enjoy!

The Mexican
“I think I might have killed the specimen from Mexico. His spleen is on the floor and and he's not moving anymore. I can verify with certainty that the barrier is not located in the spleen. Dr. Maxis must continue no matter the cost.”

For a long time, ever since this Call of the Dead radio, the community has wondered about “the specimen from Mexico.” He was killed by Dr. Richtofen during experiments, while the doctor seemingly searched his spleen to find the trust barrier that hindered Dr. Maxis from controlling the undead. For a long time, the community theorized that this test subject was the missing portrait on Kino der Toten, but never again was he brought up. Then, in Der Eisendrache, he resurfaced.

“The last test subject, the Mexican, died, but during the autopsy I have discovered the key to create the army that we seek. We are now ready to capture the four subjects identified in report forty four.”

This is a cipher that, when decoded, comes from Dr. Richtofen. However, it isn’t the man from Der Riese, nor is it the one from Origins, but from The Giant. I’m sure you’re thinking, “Tac, that’s the same person as the Origins Richtofen!” You’re correct in saying that the playable Dr. Richtofen is the same, but I’m not thinking of him. I’m thinking of the man on the right:

2YYNNWS.png

In the “original” universe, the Mexican’s spleen came out onto the floor and Richtofen announced the test subject as dead, and that was that (sort of, read to end). Now, in the Giant and Der Eisendrache universe, Dr. Richtofen was performing his autopsy on the corpse and discovered the key. It’s entirely unclear if Dr. Richtofen found the key in both universes (i.e. neither story regarding the Mexican contradicts the other), but we can at least say that in Der Eisendrache’s, Dr. Richtofen found something peculiar.

Pablo Marinus
Our introduction to Pablo was in Origins, when Dr. Richtofen wrote that Pablo’s journal had “been a valuable source of information.” Immediately, we knew that he was of some importance, but we had no idea how. Then, again, Der Eisendrache presents us with a silver platter (literally):

NrKuqic.jpg

Not seeing it?  Well, this is the innards of a deceased test subject (as indicated in the lower left) who happens to have the name Pablo (see: bottom right). But, more importantly, there’s very clearly a Black Sun on Pablo’s insides. What could the cause for this be, is he a Keeper? It is their logo/insignia, after all. And also, what exactly is the thing laying in the pan?

Conclusion

Why, it’s a ruptured spleen of course! The evidence indicates that Pablo Marinus is indeed this Mexican test subject, and I couldn’t be more excited! Now, I have to admit that I’ve omitted something above that may, or may not, be useful. In regards to the Call of the Dead radio, you’ll recall that I said Dr. Richtofen announced that the spleen was on the floor and the subject dead, and “that was that.” Well, because it wasn’t relevant earlier, I decided it should go here. At the end of the radio, Richtofen says “His spleen is on the floor” and shortly thereafter, a monkey comes and steal the spleen, and Dr. Richtofen chases after it. From there, the radio cuts to silence and you’re left wondering, did he ever get the spleen back in the original universe?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked that idea in the conclusion, in fact I think that makes perfect sense. Anybody here will know how much I love the Mexican (Or PABLO MARINUS, as we have a name now!), so him actually being developed as a very interesting character that has had this hidden story for so long. I truly love this map, with its story developments and just awesome gameplay. Considering the maps that I think are coming next, I think we could finally have some information on some really obscure stuff, which really pleases me. As I have been saying since the Giant, BO3 is all about actually progressing the story towards saving everything (what we have needed since Black Ops' ending) and also resolving the old story while doing it. I love you Blundell.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, WillyWonka said:

Great stuff, it's important that we start discussing this major hole in the storyline, although I think I'm missing a small detail.

How is the old Richtofen (to the right in the picture you posted) any different from the (original) Der Riese-Richtofen?

I believe that ought to be a thread of its own, or at least handled elsewhere (to avoid clutter ;)), but it could sure make for a good discussion!

• Administrators

So glad to see this finally concluded. I mean, yes, a man can survive without his spleen, but I don't think they would under the good ol' "Butcher." Richtofen wasn't the type to keep someone alive if he didn't deem them useful to him.

However, I think we have much more to learn about how he was the "subject from Mexico," if he was a Keeper...

Also, didn't he keep a journal? Have we seen it? Is it in English/Spanish or Apothicon?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, NaBrZHunter said:

So glad to see this finally concluded. I mean, yes, a man can survive without his spleen, but I don't think they would under the good ol' "Butcher." Richtofen wasn't the type to keep someone alive if he didn't deem them useful to him.

However, I think we have much more to learn about how he was the "subject from Mexico," if he was a Keeper...

Also, didn't he keep a journal? Have we seen it? Is it in English/Spanish or Apothicon?

Hard to say whether we've seen it. The trend, though, is very clear. Note how many characters learn a great deal about zombies and all the sudden we realize they had a journal or book with them (Yuri in Ascension, Stuhlinger in Black Ops 2, Pablo in Origins, Jessica in Shadows, etc.). I don't know what to make of it, but it's no accident.