Samantha's Drawings

BlindBusDrivr

Hey guys, just thought I should get this up to generate some discussion.

Samantha has a room inside of Griffin Castle, and she has some very interesting drawings posted on the walls and dresser:

tuHtMUQ.png

A sun with a smiley face overlooking the Alps with a flower filled valley below.  Also interestingly there appears to be a  house in the middle of the Valley.  

dAf3WN7.png?1

Samantha with Fluffy

RKx5j9E.png

Now here's where it gets interesting:

Left:  We see what appears to be a table with some chemistry equipment and a red box in the dark, labeled 'Secrets'.  Below it says 'Dr Groph has Secrets'.   Looks like something is up with Dr. Groph...

Center:  Drawing of Samantha is riding a fire-breathing dragon over the mountains.  "Daddy says there used to be dragons a long time ago."  There seems to be a lot of mysticism surrounding the Dragons, and it's looking like they certainly tie in with the Vril-ya / Keepers.  

Right: This picture is hard to make out, but it looks to be Samantha in a dark forest, just a mess of brown and green.  

plF3rf5.png?1

Now this one is on the side of her dresser, and it shows some sort of portal with a door inside of it.  At the bottom there are two characters, the one on the left labeled 'Dad' with his hands up in surprise, with an unknown nazi-looking character on the right with a knife.  Could this be Groph? Is this his secret?

DNIrc4N.png?1

This one just looks like a normal kids drawing, but there may be more to it.  We see Sam's bed on the ridge with the teddy on top and a Cymbal Monkey riding a rocket.  Then Sam herself appears to be on some sort of box with legs, and behind her are two others girls.  I'm  going to guess that they are likely Amelia and Abigail (The girl names written among Sam's on a wall in Kino Der Toten).  And there also happens to be a train flying overhead.  Maybe there's some more meaning to get out of this if we find that Sam wasn't alone here, or what those walking boxes could be.

0Jutw91.png

Finally, this is the eeriest one.  Samantha sitting in her bed in shock to see a Keeper coming through a portal into her room.  I'm not really sure what is going on here as Samantha appears surprised, but has a happy face drawn next to 'Me', so it doesn't look like this is some horrifying experience.  Not really sure if it's good or bad, but Sam has definitely had encounters with the Keeper's at the Castle before.  

There's a lot going on in all of these pictures, and hopefully they can help us piece together the story.  Any thoughts?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could the portal/door picture be a reference to the original Richtofen killing Maxis?

And perhaps the Shadowman has visited this universe's Sam before, perhaps telling her of the universes he is aware of. That could be how she found inspiration for the original storyline (Origin's cutscene Sam).

And maybe the forest picture is reference to the forest where the main menu for zombies and the death scene takes place. Because I feel like it has more significance than just being a dynamic menu forest. Or they would've just made a zombie submenu like the first Black Ops.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, EvilHERONeos said:

Could the portal/door picture be a reference to the original Richtofen killing Maxis?

In what way do you mean?

32 minutes ago, EvilHERONeos said:

And maybe the forest picture is reference to the forest where the main menu for zombies and the death scene takes place. Because I feel like it has more significance than just being a dynamic menu forest. Or they would've just made a zombie submenu like the first Black Ops.

I think it's actually where she hides out from the Ragnarok (long story short, the world is destroyed and repopulated by two humans who I believe are hiding in a tree/forest, so I think it's Eddie and Sam).

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, EvilHERONeos said:

How Richtofen lured Maxis into the teleporter to kill him in original Der Reise radio log.

But I mean, how does that portal signify that? They don't look similar to me, nor do the situations seem like the same, that's why I ask.

On 2/3/2016 at 6:48 AM, BlindBusDrivr said:

0Jutw91.png

Finally, this is the eeriest one.  Samantha sitting in her bed in shock to see a Keeper coming through a portal into her room.  I'm not really sure what is going on here as Samantha appears surprised, but has a happy face drawn next to 'Me', so it doesn't look like this is some horrifying experience.  Not really sure if it's good or bad, but Sam has definitely had encounters with the Keeper's at the Castle before.

TOP Picture

Samantha being visited by a Keeper through a portal. The same as Origins Crazy Place.

What did Samantha do???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@PINNAZ Was looking through these images recently, I'm sure I have seen the image you posted, but the link is broken and I can't for the life of me remember what the drawing was. Can you remember what the drawing is of, and where it can be found in Hypocenter?

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Castun50 said:

abigail is samanthas middle name. as seen in kino. however it is said a keeper came to samantha and that is why she is how she is.

The names in Kino are supposedly three different people, not Sam's middle name, I'm afraid. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 6/11/2016 at 9:48 PM, Castun50 said:

well this blows my mind. 3 personalities maybe?

More than likely just three different girls, or that's the theory right now. Must have had a scientists-bring-your-daughter-to-work day haha. Or if you're like Maxis, you just take yours everywhere.

Managed to find the drawings in Hypocenter. I'm not sure if they are Samantha's drawings, they are of a similiar style, but she is not in either of the drawings, so it is hard to be sure .

I believe the drawings may represent Malum. This is some dialogue between Dr Salim and the player in the chapel in the mission 'Demon Within':

Dr Salim: Sarah couldn't understand. She only saw how it ended. Humans are obsessed with beginning and ends. The journeys between, they become filler, life becomes filler. She tried to fight the voice in her head that had given her the ultimate gift.

Player: The ultimate gift? Deimos was controlling her.

Dr Salim: Relinquishing control is the ultimate gift. Free of choice, free of pressure, free of consequence, her actions dictated for her with greater purpose. She was granted the greatest gift of all and she fought it. How dare you fight the voice of a God.

Player: You're insane.

Dr Salim: No, humanity is insane. You asked her to help you find Taylor. Where did she take you next?

Player : Deimos needed Taylor to open the gateway, so I had to know how, how to know what Deimos was planning. The Aquifers. Sarah told me this was their Fortress in the Sand. Their FOB for years. Deimos couldn't access the intelligence at the  Singapore Black Station, he couldn't locate you, so they hid here, waiting for their moment. She took me there...

At this point we go into the players memory, and Sarah Hall can be seen sat on the floor in a trance like state, carving very similiar looking trees into a pillar with a knife.

We are then taken into a memory where Dr Salim is killed as Deimos no longer has any purpose for him, and the following dialogue take place between the player and Deimos:

Deimos: Even now you still hide from the truth, Corvus had been destroyed in Singapore, I needed it to open the gateway. That was why I had kept Salim alive. He worked with a colleague, Krueger, and they built me a new Corvus at Coalescence Headquarters in Zurich, one which I could use to open the gateway. So I had no further use for the doctor. She knew what was coming, all that remained was her sacrifice, for her to join my ranks and eternal domination under my command. I am humanities salvation, a saviour giving purpose to a lost species that deserves far less. I...am....Deimos.

This is the point where  we find ourselves in the house (the only place with zombies in the campaign), and see the tree that represents the gateway to Malum:

Player: The tree, I've seen it before... the entrance to Malum.

Sarah Hall was trying to fight against the control of Deimos, and he managed to lure her to the gateway to Malum, before the Player kills Sarah Hall as it is the only way to deny Deimos getting his wish. Given that Sarah Hall was carving these trees whilst waiting to go to the gateway, whilst under the control of Deimos, I believe that is what these trees could represent.

Apologies if I have taken this slightly off topic.

Deimos: 

So this has been making me think. We don't know what happened to Samantha in the Giant. In the original timeline she was teleported to the Moon and obtained control of the undead hordes. BUT this is a new timeline, and history changed. So she went somewhere else. But where? I don't think the house. But maybe she did go to the house. The Keeper being in her room, could have been the Keeper warning Samantha of the events to occur in the soon future. (A bit of a stretch I guess). For the door with the purple glow. Thats what made me think she's at the house. IDK! But DLC 4 might answer everything. So keep our fingers crossed it does. 

@DaveLo07 sorry, I missed your post. I fixed the image link I posted above, it's the same ones you posted.

All modes combined (Campaign, Nightmares & Zombies) just scream that it is all linked together.

DLC3 set in Stalingrad, In the same square where Reznov becomes a mysterious character in World at War & you have to kill General Amsel - The same Character Model as Dr. Richtofen!

Hypocenter has these same style drawings as in DE (even the sticky tape). Hypocenter also has the plans for the Wave Gun in the next room where these pictures are found. The room has computers & you can play Dr. Salims "listen to the sound of my voice" clips.

Got a bit carried away there....

@Pinnaz No worries! In hindsight,  I probably should have sent a PM instead of asking in the thread.  I assume there are doubles of these drawings in that same room? I didn't see the 3rd drawing, and one of the drawings in my image is portrait instead of landscape.

38 minutes ago, PINNAZ said:

@DaveLo07

All modes combined (Campaign, Nightmares & Zombies) just scream that it is all linked together.

DLC3 set in Stalingrad, In the same square where Reznov becomes a mysterious character in World at War & you have to kill General Amsel - The same Character Model as Dr. Richtofen!

Hypocenter has these same style drawings as in DE (even the sticky tape). Hypocenter also has the plans for the Wave Gun in the next room where these pictures are found. The room has computers & you can play Dr. Salims "listen to the sound of my voice" clips.

Got a bit carried away there....

There seem to be a lot of links between the game modes, I'd be surprised and disappointed if there wasn't some reasoning/purpose behind it.

Unfortunately, I cannot remove the pictures. My device will not allow me to edit posts, so if that is something a moderator can help with, it would be appreciated. I also need to remove the 'Deimos:' at the bottom of the post and a double image posted in another thread, but cannot save any changes when editing.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a couple more drawings from the Hypocenter mission in Nightmares. They are just more images of trees, but the second one has an initial next to a character in the bottom right corner. Second initial is M, but the first symbol does not look like a letter.

Damn this tablet, has made all the images really small and I cannot edit posts!

On 7/7/2016 at 0:02 AM, Dr. Shneinhood said:

So this has been making me think. We don't know what happened to Samantha in the Giant. In the original timeline she was teleported to the Moon and obtained control of the undead hordes. BUT this is a new timeline, and history changed. So she went somewhere else. But where? I don't think the house. But maybe she did go to the house. The Keeper being in her room, could have been the Keeper warning Samantha of the events to occur in the soon future. (A bit of a stretch I guess). For the door with the purple glow. Thats what made me think she's at the house. IDK! But DLC 4 might answer everything. So keep our fingers crossed it does. 

I know this is a bit late, but they hinted at some universe's Samantha ending up in Shangri-La. This was seen in the alternate moon loading screen that was shown at... Comic Con? IDK where it came from, but it came from Treyarch.

Original:

WaPmekz.png

Alternate:

URO40sG.png

Shangri-La Loading Screen for comparison:maxresdefault.jpg

Also, Jason Blundell stated in one of his interviews with @MrRoflWaffles that all the alternate loading screens are cannon. Perhaps this is his way of showing us where she ended up?

• 2 weeks later...

Having gone back and further looked at the images in Hypocentre, the one I posted above is a mirror image. There are 13 drawings in Hypocentre, 1 unique and then 6 drawings that have a mirrored duplicate somewhere else in the room.

What the writing actually says is ME. I'm slightly disappointed by this, as no other info can be gleamed about that character other than it is the person who made the drawing, and is not Samantha.

Archived