The Official Der Eisendrache Feedback Thread

Tac

• Administrators

Some people will believe this, and some people won't, but Treyarch looks to the community for some guidance to what they do.  Places like Reddit, CoDz, and YouTube are all searched by their staff, so a feedback thread is exactly what I think we need.  What are some of the best/worst things you guys are finding about the map?

Hi all! Thought i would check back with the new map out. I've done one run so far (to Round 16, I didn't time my run through the Gate Trap well haha), and here is some opinions:

Already got a strategy laid out, with all the stuff to do and a running route for the spacious central area. Backing in on yourself for you running circle really helps here :) I do slightly worry it is too easy for players with a lot of Zombies experience (as I feel I have, not trying to brag).

Clearly there is plenty of secrets to find. I really like the scope of the map, and kinda think a way to get down to that awesome scenery would be awesome. Maybe there is, but the gondola was a bit of a letdown for me when I couldn't go down in it.

I'll have to play a bit more to see details, but yeah - what do you guys think after you first run(s)?

So far I'm really enjoying it. Lots of training spots but they're kind of smaller and tighter than usual so that's a plus in my book. The bow is really cool, can't wait to tinker with that further. I'm glad to see the Panzer doesn't appear to spawn that often (only got to round 15 where I got stuck on a pole by PaP so I don't know if he appears more often later). The atmosphere is great and oh my goodness the story. I'm absolutely loving how they're tying up the loose story threads.

So far these are the bugs I've encountered.

After lighting the torches, with fire and lightning, I'm unable to get the arrow from shooting the weather vane, I've waited rounds at a time, only has happened twice but could potentially stop EE progression.

Infinite zombie spawns on round 8. I'm not sure if it's round specific, but in a two player private game(ranked) we died on round 8, with almost 400 kills just from me. Honestly, it was alot of fun, they were extra aggressive but so weak lol.

After using a jump pad, all quotes and zombie sounds became echoed, as if we were in a cave. Not really a big deal. 

While training the electric trap area, zombies get stuck on the control panel that activates the electric sphere trap.

Not a Der Eisendrache bug, but today I lost 5 divinium spinning for gobble gum, the roulettes kept spinning, never landing on a gobble gum, followed by an error message, resulting in me losing all divinium. This is a huge problem considering people pay real money for these(I don't, but you get my point)

Otherwise, I'm totally in love with this map, its got a great atmosphere, the PaP is the easiest set up since Ascension, the multicolored PaP skins are nice and there is a ridiculous amount of story content. Also the Panzer is really easy compared to Origin( no claw!) 

I'd easily give this map an 8/10, and I've yet to even see the EE past upgrading the bow.

• Tech Admin

Having had a quick blast of it today, it looks good, fairly impressed. Although all I have to say on the subject is this.

ACTIVISION, what where you thinking putting it on PS first? That controller is simply awful, absolutely dire. The thumb sticks are in completely the wrong position (not a natural position at all), the trigger buttons just feel weird and un-natural as well, you really need to stretch to get RB/LB and it's uncomfortable. Makes playing zombies pretty difficult imo.

On another note, PS, what were you thinking with the PS4 controller? It's awful, it absolutely stinks.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Hells Warrrior said:

Having had a quick blast of it today, it looks good, fairly impressed. Although all I have to say on the subject is this.

ACTIVISION, what where you thinking putting it on PS first? That controller is simply awful, absolutely dire. The thumb sticks are in completely the wrong position (not a natural position at all), the trigger buttons just feel weird and un-natural as well, you really need to stretch to get RB/LB and it's uncomfortable. Makes playing zombies pretty difficult imo.

On another note, PS, what were you thinking with the PS4 controller? It's awful, it absolutely stinks.

I'm so glad somebody else feels this way.  It wasn't the only factor in my decision to get an Xbox One, but it was definitely a strong one.  The controller is just Carpal Tunnel Syndrome waiting to happen.  Maybe it works well for childs hands, but I don't even have extra large hands for an adult and I can't handle the PS controller.  the thumb sticks suck, the triggers are WAY worse than XB controller. and the handles are very uncomfortable

Sorry nothing to contribute to the thread obvs since i have xbox, but nice to let that little rant out lol

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Hells Warrrior said:

It's not that it's awful, you are simply not used to it. I feel the same way about the xbox controller.

• Like 2

So now that my exam is over, here's sort of my pros and cons for this map from what little progress I've made for it

+ It's a simple map, but doesn't really feel like it

+ Great atmosphere, reminds me of WaW. Particularly verruckt in certain areas

+ The bows are fun to use

+The true and triumphant return of scraps of paper! Oh, how I've missed these since WaW

- The dragons. Don't get me wrong, they're cool, but they feel more tedious than any part of shadows of evil because you have to wait for the entire zombie to be chomped before killing another. I had the same problem with the hellhounds on MOTD.

- It doesn't feel like it really brings anything new to the table

- A supreme lack of WW2 weapons

Not much so far since I haven't been able to get a co-op game going yet, but those are my current thoughts. I can see the lack of new things making me burnt out on this map pretty easily, though.

• Like 1

Okay, Pros and Cons I have about Der Eisendrache alone.

Pros:

1.  The Bow, I am enthused to see that it takes the place of the staffs in Origins and suspect that they will be just as useful for the EE.

2.  Enemies, No shortage of challenging enemies to kill.  Panzer Soldat is not to overbearing but still a formidable foe.  Shot that damn thing a thousand time in the dome with a packed weapon and got nothing.  Nice to see that he is still a pain in the butt.  With the change to the hitting system it makes the dogs much more difficult to deal with and still run your train.

3.  Easter Eggs, They are continually surprising me with their complexity.  A little disappointed in the Shadow Of Evil Easter Egg.  It seemed to easy, but Der Eisendrache gives me the complexity that I remember from Origins and that is a good thing.

Cons:

1.  Last night, a friend of mine was dumb enough to hold down in one of the pack-a-punch locations for a small amount of time and pack-a-punch came teleporting in and killed him and trapped him behind it.  Killing him is fine but I revived him three times and he had to die out completely just to get out.

2.  Random character stoppage.  Almost as if I hit an invisible wall.  Not a good look when I'm running around a spawn of zombies on round 18 and I hit something that stops me in my tracks.

3.  I went down trying my damnedest to complete the daily challenge, kill 25 with trip mines, due to the chalk drawing not wanting to give me the trip mines that are located by the rocket.  No prompt for payment and unable to by them.

4.  For some reason, when the pyramid is doing its anti-gravity thing, zombies on the bottom that are underneath me reach out and kill me seemingly instantly.  Running with jug but unsure if running on the wall increases zombie damage.

I am sure there is a host of other things, I just cannot think of them at the moment.  Hope this is useful.

I really do like this map. I do like the amount of throwback references.

My cons though:

- No new perks. A little disappointing since we usually get a new perk every DLC.

- No comic loading screen. This is probably my most disappointing thing. I was disappointed with Shadows and The Giant's loading screens but they were at least comic booky. Der Eisendrache just uses the maps menu icon. Disappointing and I hope this isn't a thing for the rest.

- Dark and snowy again. After The Giant it was just disappointing it was the same environment again. I can't wait for another day time map again!

- No unique wall weapon. I was expecting an MP-40 wall weapon because of the poster.

- Not specific to the map. I do love the amount of loose ends we got tied up in this map, but it seems like Blundell wants to not tie anything up from BO2 and it pisses me off.

• Administrators

I can't get enough of this map right now. I'm having a heyday with theories right now. Thank you Treyarch, very much. Der Eisendrache is the response necessary after Black Ops 2, a three year wait, and then a bit of a downer in Shadows. I can't wait to see what kinds of resolutions come to Gersh/Gersch (I suspect he worked at Call of the Dead), Schuster, and maybe even Sophia! I was hoping Black Ops wasn't going to be the best, and wow have you performed. 10/10.

• Like 1

The fire upgrade path appears to be bugged. I've tried to start the quest in three different games and can only get the broken arrow. After a rocket test fire, I run straight out of the tunnel and shoot the glowing stone with my bow to trigger the fireball and nothing happens.

Aside from that, though, I love the map. Especially the bow. Man, I love that bow.

Edited by MikeCirka
59 minutes ago, MikeCirka said:

The fire upgrade path appears to be bugged. I've tried to start the quest in three different games and can only get the broken arrow. After a rocket test fire, I run straight out of the tunnel and shoot the glowing stone with my bow to trigger the fireball and nothing happens.

Aside from that, though, I love the map. Especially the bow. Man, I love that bow.

Can you get video of this?

1 minute ago, shirtlesservice said:

I mean this is kind of how wonderweapons tend to function... generally they save your a** in most situations

Yeah sure

But 75 ammo with n upgraded bow? And there are 4 of them...

I mean lookIng at soe or Kino der toten.... ww with 10 ammo or 6 ( dont remember exactly about the thundergun)....

Just now, Nieno69 said:

Yeah sure

But 75 ammo with n upgraded bow? And there are 4 of them...

I mean lookIng at soe or Kino der toten.... ww with 10 ammo or 6 ( dont remember exactly about the thundergun)....

thundergun PaP'ed had 28 ammo. If you use the upgraded shots of the bow there are 37, and those shots don't generally kill a full 24 zombie train. I'd say that's fairly balanced

Found another strange bug. Put the shield together today and picked it up, but Instead of the usual shield icon on the HUD with the 3 rocket charges, there was no icon and a 2 offset to the left. When I tried to pull it out, I had an infinite supply of claymores instead of the shield, but when I placed them they just sat on the ground and didn't do anything...

I'll try to get video of that and the fire stone bug I posted about earlier. I guess just view the clips and then share to youtube from my PSN?

EDIT: I'm finding all of them, I guess... Just had a round where I couldn't switch to my bow after starting the wolf bow upgrade quest. Either that, or it's because of the Turned PaP type. Does it not let you switch weapons while you have turned zombies running around?

Edited by MikeCirka
10 hours ago, MikeCirka said:

EDIT: I'm finding all of them, I guess... Just had a round where I couldn't switch to my bow after starting the wolf bow upgrade quest. Either that, or it's because of the Turned PaP type. Does it not let you switch weapons while you have turned zombies running around?

This may in fact be something new, I know they've changed a few things regarding Alternate Ammo Types, as well as a bunch of different Nerfs regarding the "Wrath of the Ancients" and the Death Machine Drop. I also heard they Buffed the Panzer as if he wasn't already strong A.F. now he's like George Romero (maybe not literally).

_________

My question is how come Treyarch don't want people getting to High Rounds?!?!

It seems like every map that's released where a vast majority of the community, love or at the very least enjoy that particular map, they do everything they can possible to make it as hard as possible. 

To me that seems bass-ackwards, resulting in a lot of complaining as well as takes away from the longevity of that particular map.

_________

Der Eisendrache seemed like it was one of the Dopest maps of all time, but after it was released and all the big YouTubers got to make their videos and complete the Main Quest, on a dumbed down version, they decided it was time to release the "Intended Version".