Tac

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

I always just camp with the storm bow, much easier and MUCH quicker ;) But depends on what you find more fun as well.

I personally have zero fun while camping.

I rather spend more time to get to 50 than the other way.

I get why people do it though.

3 hours ago, Lenne said:

I personally have zero fun while camping.

I rather spend more time to get to 50 than the other way.

I get why people do it though.

Yeah it's all individual. I've gone full circle actually - I started out the game in the late days of W@W and early Black Ops and it was still a done thing to camp until death. Then during Black Ops camping was slowly phased out and I started to find it a boring tactic anyway, once I discovered running I found it more fun. Recently though I just prefer camping again, it's faster of course and I just like the feeling of being charged by the zombies and am only a split second away from being bombarded in a corner if I let the ball drop. When I've run out of ammo on the storm bow and I start training at the death ray I'm just like ugh, this is slowwwwwwwwwww :lol:

5 hours ago, Koslans said:

Still at 34, it seems my best games are always when the map is new. 
Now I know what to do and I simply can't seem to pull it off. 

But, I like the map and I'll keep coming back to it once in a while. 

What seems to be getting you killed specifically, mate? Seems strange that you were doing better at it when the map was new as well, certain aspects of it (e.g. the Panzer) were pretty difficult to begin with, but everything that was a challenge about the map has been made easier via patch. Ammo is easier due to being able to use the GG machine multiple times if needed and the fact that it never moves, running is quicker since Dead Wire was buffed, and the Panzer's health is much lower. Only times I used to get into trouble were the Panzer rounds to begin with, but they're so damn easy if you approach them the right way especially in solo.

I guess I just go try-hard mode when it's a new map. hahaha. 
Overall, I'm simply not that good. 

I have no problem getting rid of any weapon at any time when it runs dry, I just take another one. 
Overall, it's usually the Panzer. My 34 run I tried to get the helmet mid-round and got myself stuck on the statues near the power. 
It was a split-screen game with multiple big guys chasing us. I ran out of ammo, so I tried to get the helmet for the first time. 
As usual, things can go sour within seconds. That's why I like zombies I guess. 

Haven't really tried a solo high round yet. I guess I'm not even all that interested to be honest. 
if I ever hit 50, I'll just quit. I haven't even done Five and Shangri La yet.... 
Screw bus depot, hahah, that one is tough! 

I made every bow once or twice to see how they are, I did the first room thing a few times. 
I tried leveling up the Shieva, or Sheiva... got rekt by the dogs, lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2016 at 1:12 AM, shirtlesservice said:

I think lightning might be best for camping, wolf for clearing the way, and fire is like in the middle. The void/skull bow is the red headed step child ?

Well, i caved in and bought DE (360). On 360, the dog bow does nothing by 35, which is in stark contrast to next gen 100+ dog bow games. It is useless, Fire bow might be worse (also has no fire, just rock). Dog and Fire knock zombies over which are then in your way. Demon and Storm bows still clear the way past 50.

Best solo: Round 54 (several cheap deaths in the last round or it would be higher). No pic yet.

Edit: i made it to 56. I'll try to remember to post a pic.

• 4 weeks later...

So few days ago me and my brother played a game on Der Eiendrache and got to round 47!!! Which is my new best run on DE and actually my highest round on any map I've played :3 We failed because my bro went down and I thought I'll go save him but I got stuck as the game for some reason didn't want me to use my In Plain Sight... It was a good game :) though would have been nice to achieve round 50 but I'm happy that I got a new record :3

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Heyo.

After trying out camping seriously, I come to the conclusion that it is boring as hell, BUT I can not deny that it is nice to get to round 50 in under two hours.

DTk_7r2WkAACym-.jpg

I camoed on the stairs in the clock tower, cause then the Panzer spawns just outside, which doesn't stress me out that much.

@ZombiesAteMyPizza! I have a couple of questions: Which is the best gun to kill the Panzer with? (I usually use the Haymaker, but on 50+ I can't quite kill him that fast as I would like.) Is the clocktower a good spot to camp? And should I bother to build the Ragnarok?

I figured you'd be the guy to ask. :P

On 15/01/2018 at 11:32 AM, Lenne said:

Heyo.

After trying out camping seriously, I come to the conclusion that it is boring as hell, BUT I can not deny that it is nice to get to round 50 in under two hours.

DTk_7r2WkAACym-.jpg

I camoed on the stairs in the clock tower, cause then the Panzer spawns just outside, which doesn't stress me out that much.

@ZombiesAteMyPizza! I have a couple of questions: Which is the best gun to kill the Panzer with? (I usually use the Haymaker, but on 50+ I can't quite kill him that fast as I would like.) Is the clocktower a good spot to camp? And should I bother to build the Ragnarok?

I figured you'd be the guy to ask. :P

Best strategy by far is camping in the HVK room just above the church and before the power switch room, with the door to Richtofen's room closed and the door to the church open. This strategy is not only one of the fastest and the Gobblegum machine is right there, but also it makes for very easy Panzer kills.

To kill the panzer, on a suspected Panzer round (remember, ever 5-6 rounds, so keep count) if you stand inside the power room then the Panzer will always spawn in front of the Death Ray. So all you have to do is stand inside the doorway to the Death Ray, look out for the Panzer, and as soon as he spawns, run straight for the Death Ray. Like this:

If you have the upgraded KRM with all the attachments in your loadout then you'll kill the Panzer with less than 2 clips of ammo regardless of the round. I literally never use the box when playing this map, no need to!

Keep watching after the Panzer kill as well as he also uses the HVK room strategy, and you can see where to go/stand for this strategy.

Definitely worth building the Ragnaroks - if you're standing in the doorway waiting for the Panzer, and he doesn't come that round, then run back through the power switch room, pull out the gravity spikes and use them to slam your way through the stairs back to the camp spot, as it tends to get a bit congested on your way back and the jump-forward animation clears the way and makes you invulnerable in the process. You can also place them on the ground in front of you as you sit by the gate in the camp spot to get a bunch of kills and save ammo. 

I wanna do another 100 on this map as it happens, I'm annoyed that I didn't record it and I've got the full gameplay of my other BO3 round 100s, so I wanna get the footage of this map. It's one of the easiest maps to get a round 100 on and takes 4-5 hours, typically.

Archived