Breakdown of Der Eisendrache in Replacer Awakening DLC trailer

There's a new 'The Replacer' trailer that dropped today for the Awakening DLC

There's some cool zombies footage in here.  I just wanted to point out some of the new stuff I noticed that was not available to see in the previous map trailers....

Some interesting graffiti written in red on the wall seen here.

Replacer%20Awakening%20Trailer%200-00-03

Three distorted frames here show an underground area.  Some kind of wall weapon is seen in the background

Comp-5_zpsvofkjmfb.gif

Hell Hounds are making a return

Replacer%20Awakening%20Trailer%200-00-07

Replacer%20Awakening%20Trailer%200-00-12

The Razerback SMG is making an appearance in this map.  (Credit goes to chromastone10 on the Reddit forums for being the first to post this find.)

Replacer%20Awakening%20Trailer%200-00-10Black-Ops-3-Razorback-SMG.jpg

Not sure why the new Panzer Soldat has two different colors of light emitting from inside it's helmet?

Green...

Replacer%20Awakening%20Trailer%200-00-15

... Blue

Replacer%20Awakening%20Trailer%200-00-15

Then at the very end of the trailer we see these 5 distorted frames.  Are these images of the Castle blowing up?  Could this be part of the EE?

Comp-4_zpssd8gc63b.gif

If it is the castle exploding, then I'm guessing it might be this section of the map in these frames...

Replacer%20Awakening%20Trailer%200-00-16

Hopefully I showed you guys some new info.

Feel free to share anything else you guys find.

- Mix

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something else I'm noticing is that it appears the '935' has been removed from the Group 935 logos on this map.

For example the patch on this zombie's uniform

Replacer%20Awakening%20Trailer%200-00-03

... and the one on this control panel.

Replacer%20Awakening%20Trailer%200-00-10

My initial thought is that maybe this research station is for another nazi scientist research group, such as Group 601

z_reel10.png

But on the flipside, the Panzer Soldat has '935' painted on it's left thigh.

Der%20Eisendrache%20Trailer%200003005_zp

At the moment I'm not sure what it all means.  But the Group 935 logo had to be altered for a reason, right?

- Mix

@MixMasterNut 

If that is indeed Griffen Castle in those 5 frames, that could very well explain why in the original trailer, the part where a Rocket could be seen in the Courtyard.

____

Is it just me or do the Zombies look really "Old", like they've been here for quite a long time.

I'm not really fond of the Hell Hounds returning mid round with Zombies, as an individual boss Round, Yes.

Appeared to be a "Dragon" in the Underground Cavern. I believe another onewas shown near the end of the trailer, on a wall on the right-hand side of the courtyard area (maybe not though).

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, PINNAZ said:

The frames that show something exploding also shows some trees which kind of look like "The Frozen Forest"?

Are the characters dying & moving into the frozen forest?

Those look like shockwave effects mate; either that or I'm tree-blind, haha.

@MixMasterNut is right - they did this too with The Giant. It's as if Treyarch is constantly hinting this is not the work of 935 anymore...especially since one of the Giant radios tells us about the group disbanding and leaving Maxis/Richtofen/Samantha all alone (with possibly Dr. Monty, wherever the hell he is/was). We had very, very minor intel in the previous installments about Group 601 and this seems like the universe's new Group 935...if it ever gets down that path. I love it.

@InfestLithium

Right side of the first frame looks to have trees in it.

Comp%201_00000_zpszanjxrkn.jpg

This might be related to the forest referenced in the Nikolai Memories video, which is also part of the advertising for the Awakening DLC

Notice the video starts with a low angle looking up into pine trees.  Not quite an exact match, but the imagery is similar.

NikolaiMemories%200002006_zpsttbaedxd.jp

@MrRoflWaffles did an excellent job a little while ago theorizing some potential deeper plot points to the significance to this video here.

- Mix

The Campaign mission "Evil Within" is very important to the Zombs storyline. 

In that mission we see the house that is in Nikolais memory's video, the trees outside of that house are the same as "The Frozen Forest" which is also identical to the Zombs menu screen.

You also play inside a church where there is a Tank with the 935 logo on it  

At the end of that mission you fight Zombies inside a house

The final cutscene also has the same type of cinematic as the Explosion @MixMasterNut posted above where there is a huge nuclear blast & everything turns inside out. 

Edit - I just realised from that this is the same mission where Dr Salim is killed. He is sitting in the same position as the Dead Man in SoE!

Full Demon Within mission  41:20 shows the ending cutscene  

Everything is somehow linked together

I literally think they just reused campaign stuff and it means nothing, like the Denizen sound in the trailer. Also with Salim, he isn't the guy who is dead in SoE because that guy is actually mentioned in the phone calls as being a drunk uncle of a stall owner. It would be easy to reuse Salim's rigged position, that seems more viable as an explanation. Weirdly, that guy has a knife in him too so he was killed by someone...

Anyways, I think that writing says "Trophy Case" and will be like the map in MotD, not sure it could be anything. So glad the Razorback is in the map, we better get weapon kits for all the weapons now at least. I noticed something with the Panzer's that was odd and I really need to point this out (sorry for using yuorr pic Mix picture):

Der%20Eisendrache%20Trailer%200003005_zp

Regular Panzer (well, as in the ones in this map) with a flamethrower, 115 gun, 935 logo and a normal zombies head inside. What you'd expect right? But...

2195e0093af2b704f33bb3095d855be5.png

Can't help noticing a lack of head and a weird green thing in there, but the helmet hasn't been shot off so what is even going on?

I wonder if there's any connection between "Evil Within" being a D.N.I. simulation of the forrest, and the glitches we see when we first open up the zombies menu, and stats?

IJQlZMV.gif

EcQRBCI.gif

Another thing I noticed that has been hiding in plain sight is the Panzer Soldat in the "Weaponized 115" Calling Card.  And we were all surprised when this thing showed up in the trailers :wink:.

CZ3pvxyWQAA7Ztv.jpg:large

Just spit-balling here, but maybe something special happens if we shoot the Panzer Soldat with a weapon that has Weaponized 115 camo on it?

latest?cb=20140304201342

- Mix

The camo was a gift for any special edition. I got mine from buying the digital deluxe edition. 

The panzer in the calling card is just a carry over from the original weaponized 115 pack that Treyarch put in BO2.

I'm all for recognizing when Treyarch does sneaky things, but it is a massive stretch to say that they chose this calling card in BO2 for release with a Micro pack in order to let it become a fan favorite so they could bring it back in special editions of BO3, just to foreshadow the return of the panzer in DLC 1 of BO3.

3 hours ago, MegaAfroMan said:

The camo was a gift for any special edition. I got mine from buying the digital deluxe edition. 

The panzer in the calling card is just a carry over from the original weaponized 115 pack that Treyarch put in BO2.

I'm all for recognizing when Treyarch does sneaky things, but it is a massive stretch to say that they chose this calling card in BO2 for release with a Micro pack in order to let it become a fan favorite so they could bring it back in special editions of BO3, just to foreshadow the return of the panzer in DLC 1 of BO3.

I did find it kind of "Ironic" looking back at the Origins End Cutscene, 2 different toy models of the Panzer.