Why no snow effects on XBX1?

Drewxke

I just purchased the season pass and soon as I start playing "Giant" I notice that there is no snow falling. I cant fathom that the though somewhat outdated, yet still "good enough" XBX1 would have a problem including something as insignificant yet noticeable snow effect on this map. I get rain drops on SoE, so why no snow? Does anyone know the real reason and will it ever get fixed? Thank you in advance for your input!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was snow falling on the X1 version at the beginning and it only seemed to change after the first title update so it has to be a glitch. There is NO WAY the X1 couldn't handle The Giant with snow effect so anyone on reddit who claims otherwise is very misinformed on the technical limitations of the hardware.

Radiant is old. Very old and it has been known to have issues across platforms since WaW, which is down to a combination of the dated engine and poor programming. The poor programming can be proven by the lack of glitches found in Extinction and Exo-Zombies vs. 3arc Zombies but the engine is still at fault for some of these issues.

1 hour ago, DeathBringerZen said:

There was snow falling on the X1 version at the beginning and it only seemed to change after the first title update so it has to be a glitch. There is NO WAY the X1 couldn't handle The Giant with snow effect so anyone on reddit who claims otherwise is very misinformed on the technical limitations of the hardware.

Radiant is old. Very old and it has been known to have issues across platforms since WaW, which is down to a combination of the dated engine and poor programming. The poor programming can be proven by the lack of glitches found in Extinction and Exo-Zombies vs. 3arc Zombies but the engine is still at fault for some of these issues.

Ah, see I didnt know if it ever worked. I browsed youtube channels for gamers playing Giant on X1 and I always saw no snow. I sent David Vonderhaar a tweet regarding this issue in hopes I can get a response from a dev stating whether it will stay like this or ever get fixed. Perhaps someone that communicates with them like MrRoflWafflez can message one of the devs and get an answer on this. We shall see. Thankz DBZ, you da man