#TBT Zombies Thread (updated: 3/3/16)

Threads Previous:

Spoiler

1/7/16: 

1/14/16:

HELLO CoDz! This is my thread on #TBT Zombies, which I will be updating weekly for your viewing pleasure. I will be linking and discussing previous threads that have been written on this forum that are incredibly informative, represent some sort of milestone, or are simply great well thought out content. Typically this content is going to be older, because this is a #throwbackthursday thread, and I want to bring forth content that has not been seen or hasn't resurfaced in a very long time. Each week I will post something, and the following week I will but the old info into a spoiler thread so it stays on the post, while putting the newest content at the forefront. So without further ado, lets get to it.

1/21/16:

Spoiler

This week I will be covering @Ehjookayted's Magnum Opus, His: The Master Zombies Guide.

The original thread: 

This guide is the pinnical of what I think CoDz became after the black ops hype-train slowed down. This thread represents the work of most of the big names on the forum of the time, like @Tom852 and @Superhands (spoilers: next week) as well as some members who still frequent the forum (I'm looking at you @Chopper and @way2g00d).

Since the content of the guide is wayyyyyy too long to actually post here in this thread, I'll simply list some of the things that it contains in case you haven't already looked at it:

• Complete guide to every map on Black Ops 1, including places to run trains, how to maximize points, early round strategies, how to PaP every time on NML, etc
  • Complete guide to every zombie training and manipulation tactic that we had discovered to date
  • An extended perk analysis, and the pros and cons (and situations) to buying each
  • How to be a good zombies player and teammate in general
  • General tips to the game that can be helpful if you've mastered everything else

You get the point. This thread is one of the best guides for beginners, and I recommend everyone who is new to the game to look at and just simply read through the thread, or at least the parts about how to actually dodge zombies, as the info is still relevant to BO3, and can be invaluable in certain situations.

1/28/16:

Spoiler

This week I'll cover another one of my favorite threads of all time: Superhands' The Complete Solo Zombies Survival Guide.

The original thread:

By far my favorite guide of all time. I play almost exclusively solo zombies, and @Superhands was my fast track to the high rounds. This guide differs from the Master zombies guide in that Super focuses exclusively on playing the game solo, and doing it as effeciently and effectively as possible. This is another thread where the full contents are way too long to post in a single sitting, so I'll give a run down of its contents as I did with the Master zombies guide:

• map-specific solo guides for each and every single Black Ops zombies map, from Kino to Moon as well as the Classic Maps

• a couple of co-op guides as an added bonus

• He includes guides for the most effective zombie clearing strategies on each map, with trains (or camp spots) of varying difficulty

• General tips on playing solo

• Cohesive dodging guide

• NML Strategies

• Low and High round strategies

Sadly, Super took down his video guides after his community-wide falling out, which I will discuss in later threads, but the guides are still very well done with pictures and drawn visual aids. At one point super held the solo records for like 5 of the maps at one time, and had former records on a few others, before his records were thrown out. Regardless of the falling out that he had, no one can claim that he was an unskilled player, and the amount of work and time he put into developing strategies is to be admired.

For anyone wondering, here is a list of his full body of work, of which I may feature a few threads in future weeks:

It would be best to search each of the titles if you want to read them, because the links seem to be broken, but they are all still up on the site.

2/4/16:

Spoiler

This week I'll be covering what was, at the time, one of the biggest zombies discoveries to date, and its the Zombie/horde counter formula that was put together by @way2g00d, @BinSys, and @Duckcall00

Original thread:

Here are the thread contents for the lazy:

Most of you guys know that the old zombie count formula was incorrect.

Here is the new formula discovered by BinText which is 100% accurate past round 12..

Number of zombies per round  

Single player =0.0842 * (R)^2 + 0.1954 * (R) + 22.05

2 Players =0.1793 * (R)^2 + 0.0405 * (R) + 23.187

3 Players =0.262 * (R)^2 + 0.301 * (R) + 33.114

4 Players  =0.3462 * (R)^2 + 0.4964 * (R) + 43.164 
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Replace 'R' with Row() Function in Excel to make this formula work.

EDIT:I promised I was going to update my previous chart and I finally did because the previous one was bit confusing to read. Let me know if you guys see any inconsistencies.

Here is the spreadsheet I uploaded recently which could be a good resource for those that are doing high rounds in solo.

6427138413_28b8744fc7_b.jpg

Tested on Ascension.

Credit to DuckCall00 for directing me to http://denkirson.proboards.com website and & BinText for discovering this formula.

Enjoy!

way~

The benefits of this discovery was obvious. With the knowledge of how many zombies and hordes there are on any given round it gave players, specifically the very high round players, a more cohesive view of what they would have to do to achieve their zombies goals.

2/11/16:

Spoiler

Today I will cover what I think is one of the best social contributors to the site: The face behind the Avatar:

This particular thread isn't what one would call a great discovery, or the result of years of research and trial and error or anything like that. This is the place where users go to see what other users actually look like IRL. A lot of the pictures are unable to be seen anymore, but a great many of them are there for everyone's viewing pleasure. I'm there, @Chopper, @way2g00d, @Ehjookayted, @Superhands, etc, there are hundreds of replies to the topic. Even the founders and most of the legends/veterans have posted in this thread, so it's a great way to familiarize yourself with the userbase of the site. If you're new, or even if you aren't and you haven't seen the thread in a while, or you haven't posted in it, be sure to check it out.

3/3/16:

Remember when I said that @MysteryMachineX's topic was the most viewed on the site?

Turns out I lied.

That was before I really dove in and went searching for the really juicy content this site has. Here is the most viewed topic on the site ever:

A TON of the best zombies content comes from the old site, which there is in fact a back up for. This particular thread comes from the old site, from a section called the Asylum, which is still active today. In order to get featured in the Asylum, a user needs to get their theory approved by an admin or mod before they can post. I choose this particular theory (and will probably choose more to showcase in the future) because it is the pinnacle of what can be accomplished with some research and critical thinking about the zombies story line. If you have the opportunity to check out the other theories that are there I suggest you do so. These topics can not be found with the search function and aren't featured in the respective users' history which I found upsetting, but not really important, as long as you know where to look.

Check out the theories, some of them are SERIOUSLY in depth and impressive. Thank you overlord @AlphaSnake :D

That's it for this week, until next time.

Regards,

Shirtless

Edited by shirtlesservice
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the good ol days shirtless. Ehjookayted, Tom, Super and chopper.. We would greet new members in the forum, help them out in regards to strategies, tips , anything.. The guide was indeed one of the highlights of CoDz. I miss those days. I hope we can get a similar zombies feel again. Fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...