Jump to content
Ragdo11706

The Infamous "Black Dot" Lamp in the "Ruby-Rabbit"

Recommended Posts

Ragdo11706    363

Did NOT always have this, Infamous "Black Dot". 

____

So earlier today, I kept having a lot of problems as far as the frame-rate dropping. Everything looked broken, textures weren't loading correctly, when I would come out the "Rift" everything would be black for a few seconds. So I went ahead and uninstalled the game, since I was playing on Build 33.0.0.0 anyways, I figured there wouldn't be that big of a difference.

Once the game finally finished installing, I decided to start up a game and compare some of the differences I could find between Build 8.0.0.0 & 33.0.0.0. As you would expect, there really weren't that many;

  • Starting door is 750 instead of 500
  • 6 shots & a knife on Round 1
  • Zombies become aggressive on Round 2
  • Pods don't turn "Purple" until Round 14-15
  • ARK-7 was changed to KN-44
  • Attachments for guns look slightly different

  • Can't put a camo on the "Bowie Knife"

So as you can see, there really weren't any major changes. All of the Easter Eggs & Side Quests are still present, everyone of them. The "Apothicon Servant" Audio Que still triggers, as it should. 

____

However, I noticed once I got to the "Ruby-Rabbit" something looked, different. The infamous, "Black Dot" is missing from the lamp shade, but why. Why would Treyarch go through all that trouble for something so, frivolous.

Now, I know more than likely, this is absolutely nothing, or its just to "Fuck with us" as Mark Lamia would say. Could this possibly be a subtle "Hint" from Treyarch, pointing toward something we may have missed. 

If this is already well known, I apologize. I've never seen it mentioned before & was rather intrigued by it.

TL;DR

The Infamous "Black Dot" on the Lamp inside the "Ruby-Rabbit" did NOT always exist. It was actually added, after the game initially came out. What, could've possibly been the reasoning behind this.

____

For anyone that cares....

IMAG1649.thumb.jpg.7d4ee34446f2e5c3eeeb3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest

Dude, you can take your tinfoil hat off. I think it was just accidental, like when Lil' Arnie's texture was messed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woah Woah WOAH, wait, what console are you using. 

You mean to say there's no more bowie knife camos, the starting door is 750 now, the ark-7 is now just another KN-44, AND the bloodhound isn't unique anymore? WTF? Why would they make all these changes which really arn't needed OR wanted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragdo11706    363

@Nightmare Voyager 

In all fairness, they fixed that a few days after it happened.

____

@Stop Mocking Me0

I'm on Xbox One. I believe you've misread what I'm saying. When the game was originally released this is how everything was, only later it was changed to what it is now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragdo11706    363
15 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Oops. Misread that. 

All good brotha, I just wanted to point out some of the interesting things Treyarch changed over time. I forgot one, the Margwa used to have two of the three mouths open at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest

Actually it was like a week and a half, this thing doesn't seem to have been here long but I wouldn't know. It means nothing though, they just did it by accident. Also I don't remember the starting door but that would have been changed for balancing, the killing stats on round 1 would be changed for balance, they wanted zombies to be a lot more erratic and unpredictable so zombies can even start running at round 1, not sure about the pods because I am pretty sure it is like 11, although I haven't played in a few days. the ARK-7 (not ARK-9, that wasn't ever a thing lol) used to also be called something else in the early alpha. Gun names change all the time, they probably just fine tuned the attachments to look better and you can put camos on the Bowie Knife so I am confused about what you mean. The Ray Guns inside texture used to be black and white static but is now a weird blue. They change stuff all the time and mess stuff up along the way, I honestly think you have developed a new strand of T-Virus, probably Strawgraspius Busroute Type B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rissole25    378

I thought the ARK name was changed before the game was even released. So if I was to delete all game data and patches, the KN-44 would be called the ARK? Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragdo11706    363
4 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

I thought the ARK name was changed before the game was even released. So if I was to delete all game data and patches, the KN-44 would be called the ARK? Nice.

Yes, this is correct. Everything I have mentioned above, is how the game was when it was shipped, not how it is now. Build version 8.0.0.0 to be exact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragdo11706    363

@Nightmare Voyager

 I think your reading the Thread wrong. I'm not saying any of the stuff in the OP, is how it currently appears in-game. I'm simply stating the differences between when the game originally shipped (delete all current patches & updates, play offline). Will result in build version 8.0.0.0 & the most recent version I had, being 33.0.0.0

 In that particular build, I could still "PaP" the "Apothicon Servant". I'm not sure which build version you guys are on now, I would imagine somewhere in the 43.0.0.0 range. Being that I have to pack my Xbone up and drag it somewhere anytime I want to update it.

 I normally tend to wait until the DLC is released. This is when I'll be playing on the most recent build (at the time), until the following DLC is released, or whenever I can get internet where I currently live. Whichever one comes first is obviously going to make my decision for me. 

 No worries though, the T-Virus hasn't got a hold of me that bad, Yet! No love lost either, haha ;-) I still thoroughly enjoy the convos we've had! 

P.S. ARK-7 dually noted and fixed! Thanx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest
5 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

@Nightmare Voyager

 I think your reading the Thread wrong. I'm not saying any of the stuff in the OP, is how it currently appears in-game. I'm simply stating the differences between when the game originally shipped (delete all current patches & updates, play offline). Will result in build version 8.0.0.0 & the most recent version I had, being 33.0.0.0

 In that particular build, I could still "PaP" the "Apothicon Servant". I'm not sure which build version you guys are on now, I would imagine somewhere in the 43.0.0.0 range. Being that I have to pack my Xbone up and drag it somewhere anytime I want to update it.

 I normally tend to wait until the DLC is released. This is when I'll be playing on the most recent build (at the time), until the following DLC is released, or whenever I can get internet where I currently live. Whichever one comes first is obviously going to make my decision for me. 

 No worries though, the T-Virus hasn't got a hold of me that bad, Yet! No love lost either, haha ;-) I still thoroughly enjoy the convos we've had! 

P.S. ARK-7 dually noted and fixed! Thanx.

Still... I think you are developing a serious case of T-Virus from what you said about the black dot XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ragdo11706    363
6 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Still... I think you are developing a serious case of T-Virus from what you said about the black dot XD

This may be in fact, TRUE. However, wait until you see the latest revelation I've come across. It may be a rather lengthy post, because I'll have to explain everything I've done in this particular game. Nonetheless, this is definitely something I've yet to see mentioned, nor have I experienced it until now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest
5 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

This may be in fact, TRUE. However, wait until you see the latest revelation I've come across. It may be a rather lengthy post, because I'll have to explain everything I've done in this particular game. Nonetheless, this is definitely something I've yet to see mentioned, nor have I experienced it until now.

I swear if the WW upgrades if you shoot at this dot, I am going to throw my PS4 out of my window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ragdo11706    363
8 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I swear if the WW upgrades if you shoot at this dot, I am going to throw my PS4 out of my window.

Lmfao, wouldn't that be some shit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

83457    263

For the record:

The dots don't exist on 360.

There are dots inside if you lay down and look in.

Other lamps there have them inside, iirc (going from memory. Again, it's not on 360 for me to check).

I assumed when I first saw this that it was involved in the 'master pod' script, that probably doesn't exist in game.

If they pulled the 'master pod' idea, then put out 360 version, that would explain why there is no 360 dots.

For another take: maybe it is a xbonly easter egg, like the microphone EE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest
8 minutes ago, 83457 said:

For the record:

The dots don't exist on 360.

There are dots inside if you lay down and look in.

Other lamps there have them inside, iirc (going from memory. Again, it's not on 360 for me to check).

I assumed when I first saw this that it was involved in the 'master pod' script, that probably doesn't exist in game.

If they pulled the 'master pod' idea, then put out 360 version, that would explain why there is no 360 dots.

For another take: maybe it is a xbonly easter egg, like the microphone EE.

Master pod? I heard of a blue pod before, but a master one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83457    263
46 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Master pod? I heard of a blue pod before, but a master one?

Yes. In the code, besides regular pods, besides cocoons, there are 'pods' referenced.

I've seen them force spawned. About 48(?) that spawn around Ritual locations that look similar to 'hives' from extinction, but half the size of a player. Then, one 'master pod' that spawns in RR. It spawns in front of that bay window by the RR Altar.

It looks large enough and oddly shaped enough to hold the AS mark 2. It looks like an oblong, translucent bubble.

Also, the code talks of spawning the second ID Gun (AS) parts, so we seem to ditch the original at some point. And the second AS has a graphic waiting under the map. It exists, whether or not obtainable.

Of course, everything in this post may have been scrapped.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest
1 minute ago, 83457 said:

Yes. In the code, besides regular pods, besides cocoons, there are 'pods' referenced.

I've seen them force spawned. About 48(?) that spawn around Ritual locations that look similar to 'hives' from extinction, but half the size of a player. Then, one 'master pod' that spawns in RR. It spawns in front of that bay window by the RR Altar.

It looks large enough and oddly shaped enough to hold the AS mark 2. It looks like an oblong, translucent bubble.

Also, the code talks of spawning the second ID Gun (AS) parts, so we seem to ditch the original at some point. And the second AS has a graphic waiting under the map. It exists, whether or not obtainable.

Of course, everything in this post may have been scrapped.

 

Could you link me pictures of it? I think I vaguely remember seeing it actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83457    263

I was on it as you typed.

From jedixking98 video. He credits 'vandis' or similar, the guy who found the cocoons.

Screenshot_2016-01-19-15-09-08.png.37d54

Plague pods↑. Master pod ↓.Screenshot_2016-01-19-15-10-30.png.5adf6

What is on the table behind/attached to the Master Pod?

Edited by 83457

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest   
Guest

Plague Pods look like the Parasite when it falls and dies. Master Pod image must be taken weird because it looks like it was just pasted there XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83457    263
5 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Plague Pods look like the Parasite when it falls and dies. Master Pod image must be taken weird because it looks like it was just pasted there XD

In the video, the plague pods are floating in Ruby Rabbit. They weren't floating in the other ritual locations (this is mentioned in the video). Presumably, the master pod is also floating.

This could indicate that something needs to be gone from RR, and since it wasn't gone in this force-spawned game, everything is bumped up. Just a thought, but I've seen that happen in way old games. 

Edit: no box. The thing behind the MP also seems to be floating as well as possibly attached.

Edited by 83457

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

83457    263
21 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

That makes sense yeah. Can you link the video too?

Maybe. On on my cell, no computer, and I'm old, blind, and crazy.

I just googled ' bo3 soe Master pod location' or similar. Maybe you can link it/are more familiar with links?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragdo11706    363

All I'm saying, is when the game originally shipped, there was "NO BLACK DOT". After further patches of the game, on Current gen consoles, the Black Dot came to be.

Also I've checked underneath the lamp shades, and similarly no dots exist here either. This is in the "Original" version that shipped with the game ( all patches & updates deleted, while playing offline). 

I'll find it and link it, as I have it saved in my bookmarks somewhere.

 

Black-Ops-3-Zombies_Shadows-of-Evil-2_WM

I'm still trying to figure out what in the actual F**k this is, from the Original photos released of the map. Now there are a ton of white "Orbs" inside the R.R. on the ceiling, but it seems you can't do anything with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Floryzzz    3
18 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

All I'm saying, is when the game originally shipped, there was "NO BLACK DOT". After further patches of the game, on Current gen consoles, the Black Dot came to be.

Also I've checked underneath the lamp shades, and similarly no dots exist here either. This is in the "Original" version that shipped with the game ( all patches & updates deleted, while playing offline). 

I'll find it and link it, as I have it saved in my bookmarks somewhere.

 

Black-Ops-3-Zombies_Shadows-of-Evil-2_WM

I'm still trying to figure out what in the actual F**k this is, from the Original photos released of the map. Now there are a ton of white "Orbs" inside the R.R. on the ceiling, but it seems you can't do anything with them.

There are similar orbs as lamps in the rift.

Ever noticed how some off them are on and others are off. I think this isn't because they wanted to put broken lights in the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×