Pizzaboy5799

*New Theory* Time-Loops

Could this be a plausible theory?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Well, I guess it is...

• Plausible
    • Not Plausible

Greetings everyone!

It's been a while since I posted a zombies theory, but this one sprang to my mind after watching an episode of "The X Files" - specifically Season 6, Episode 14, "Monday". Basically, Mulder and Scully - the two main characters - keep replaying the same day over and over without any knowledge of previous attempts at the day. The only hope of letting time proceed as it normally should and continue on to Tuesday is to complete an objective that did not occur in all of their prior attempts at Monday - namely stopping the detonation of a suicide bomber in a bank.

This got me thinking...

Many of us may just assume that starting up a zombies map and spawning in as - ideally - the four characters associated with said map is a simple gameplay mechanic and doesn't require any additional explanation. However, could it be that the four characters relive the zombies map over and over until they complete their objective - the Easter Egg.

The announcer that gives the players power-ups could be the ideal entity that could cause the time-loops. Think about it! Why would the announcer give blessings and upper hands to the player when their main objective is to watch them be devoured by the zombies - in the form of nukes, carpenters, blood money, e.t.c. Maybe the announcer sets a time-loop in the hope that the players can complete a sequence of events to set things right, and every time we play the map, we are adding one iteration to the mass time-loop.

So, every time the players die at the end of a game of zombies, the day - or night - starts all over again from when they first received starting pistols. However, if the players can right their wrongs, or set things right, the time-loop will end and they can proceed onto the next map, where the time-loop starts over again.

Leave feedback down below, and have an awesome day! =)

PINNAZ    478

That's exactly what happens. People have theorised this even since World at War. 

Treyarch basically confirmed that to the community with the Die Rise intro cinematic where the characters die & Richtofen Teleports them back to the start of the game. 

Richtofen - "Accept your fate. Begin anew."

Stuhlinger - "Have we been here before?"

Your our post is pretty clearly explained. Well done 

Difintel    6

In the WaW-BO story, that's not possible, because Sam wanted to kills our characters.

In the BO II story, that's what happen every time, we saw it in the Die Rise intro : Russman die, and the others membres die just after. Richtofen revive them, without any "memories" of their death.

In BO III, well, we didn't really know who is the announcer, and it's just not important (bc there is several dimensions etc)

Awards

Difintel    6

I think that in SoE the announcer is not so important... But it's possible that he is Nyarlathotep.

Awards

The Meh    76
On 1/13/2016 at 2:21 PM, Difintel said:

I think that in SoE the announcer is not so important... But it's possible that he is Nyarlathotep.

I admire your thinking, but I can't say that I believe that. Sure, we all know that the ENTIRETY of Shadows of Evil is based on occult, Lovecraft, etc.; we immediately figured that out in the trailers. But stretching to the theory that Nyarlathotep is the announcer? It's... less than able to have validity.

On a game file standpoint, they basically re-used classic old Samantha announcer lines for it.
They did the same for Mob of the Dead.

If we want to argue that Mob of the Dead falls into the same universe and timeline as Shadows of Evil (which... that isn't an outlandish theory, really...), then we can say that MOTD and SoE have the same announcers.

I can't say I recall who we said that announcer was, but I like to think it may be the illustrious "Ancient Evil" we keep hearing (and talking) about.

Past that, I admire the idea. Hell, calling one of the Overlords the announcers, and perhaps associating the Overlords with inspiration or akin likeness to the "Great Old Ones" of Cthulhu mythos is absolutely something that I get excited hearing about. It's gold to this map's roots and it's great in finding a better reason that this map is the way it is.

I don't support that notion Meh, after all there are significant differences between the MOTD and SOE announcers. 

Literally every symptom of the announcer changing: 

-Different colored eyes

-Different box

-Altered teddybears (in box) 

-Perks have changed (Jingles, reality-shifts, and the PAP in SOE.) 

-Drops have different Icons. 

Now, that being said, we are led to believe that SOE takes place in a universe between universes, and mob of the dead takes place in Hell, or purgatory. SO, MAYBE the characters are from the same root universe, but the actual maps themselves have branched out from that to their own separate worlds. 

That being said... It IS strange we're seeing the MOTD plane all over the place now.... 

Difintel    6
18 hours ago, The Meh said:

I admire your thinking, but I can't say that I believe that. Sure, we all know that the ENTIRETY of Shadows of Evil is based on occult, Lovecraft, etc.; we immediately figured that out in the trailers. But stretching to the theory that Nyarlathotep is the announcer? It's... less than able to have validity.

On a game file standpoint, they basically re-used classic old Samantha announcer lines for it.
They did the same for Mob of the Dead.

If we want to argue that Mob of the Dead falls into the same universe and timeline as Shadows of Evil (which... that isn't an outlandish theory, really...), then we can say that MOTD and SoE have the same announcers.

I can't say I recall who we said that announcer was, but I like to think it may be the illustrious "Ancient Evil" we keep hearing (and talking) about.

Past that, I admire the idea. Hell, calling one of the Overlords the announcers, and perhaps associating the Overlords with inspiration or akin likeness to the "Great Old Ones" of Cthulhu mythos is absolutely something that I get excited hearing about. It's gold to this map's roots and it's great in finding a better reason that this map is the way it is.

Did you know that Nyarlathotep is the Shadowman ? :)

Also Arnie is possibly one of the 3 sons of Cthulhu, or Yog-Sothoth (but I think it's one of the sons of Cthulhu, because his eggs are in the Cthulhu statue, just like if Cthulhu was his "dad" wearing the egg of Arnie).

I think that the Great Old Ones are the bad forces of the story, who captured Samantha in Agartha after the Moon EE, and now they have captured the children. But there are the good forces, which are the Black Sun, and are ruled by the Vril-Ya. They all wearing the black sun logo in their body, and there is : Archon (keeper of SoE), Templar (keeper of Origins), and Primis. They all are in the good forces and in the black sun. If my theory is good (there is a some proofs that saying that it's truth, but wait and see), we will see others Ancients Gods, and I think all the ciphers of TG are about Great Old Ones ("the frozen ONE", which I think is Ithaqua, etc).

There is also a theory about the elements and the principals Great Old Ones : Nyarlathotep, Cthulhu, Hastur, and Shub-Niggurath.

And now we got the elemental staff, I think we will fight the 4 Great Old Ones with the elemental staff in the last map :)

Awards

The Meh    76
On 1/15/2016 at 11:29 AM, Difintel said:

Did you know that Nyarlathotep is the Shadowman ? :)

Also Arnie is possibly one of the 3 sons of Cthulhu, or Yog-Sothoth (but I think it's one of the sons of Cthulhu, because his eggs are in the Cthulhu statue, just like if Cthulhu was his "dad" wearing the egg of Arnie).

I think that the Great Old Ones are the bad forces of the story, who captured Samantha in Agartha after the Moon EE, and now they have captured the children. But there are the good forces, which are the Black Sun, and are ruled by the Vril-Ya. They all wearing the black sun logo in their body, and there is : Archon (keeper of SoE), Templar (keeper of Origins), and Primis. They all are in the good forces and in the black sun. If my theory is good (there is a some proofs that saying that it's truth, but wait and see), we will see others Ancients Gods, and I think all the ciphers of TG are about Great Old Ones ("the frozen ONE", which I think is Ithaqua, etc).

There is also a theory about the elements and the principals Great Old Ones : Nyarlathotep, Cthulhu, Hastur, and Shub-Niggurath.

And now we got the elemental staff, I think we will fight the 4 Great Old Ones with the elemental staff in the last map :)

I'm... not sure you were listening to my last comment.

Difintel    6
13 hours ago, The Meh said:

I'm... not sure you were listening to my last comment.

Sorry, I restart my comment.

First, I think that Nyarlathotep is the announcer, because they don't attack him, which is weird nop ? Moreover, he wants the players to do what he want, and he needs to create an element of insecurity with the Zombies to persuade our characters to follow him.

Second, I don't know in VO game, but if you play in French Version you will got the Richtofe voice as announcer, so I think that it's not important. Moreover, in MotD Mictanlecuthli (don't know how to wright it) was possibly the announcer, and he got a voice which was very different than the old voice of Samantha (at least that was the case in french version).

Third, SoE and MotD doesn't get the same universe, and the same timeline, not at all. SoE is a world "normal", and MotD is the Purgatory...

About the ancient evil etc... I think that you have to know something which is very very very important in the current storyline :

There are two warring factions :

The Keepers (also known as Black Sun). These, are the good guys of the story. The members of this factions are : Archon (which are the Keepers of SoE), Templar (Keeper of Origins), and Primis. I think we shall have to meet other members in the future DLC. The Keepers. They are led by the Vril-Ya. All of the members of the Keppers carry the Black Sun logo.

The Apothicons. These are the bad guys of the story. I think that all the Great Old Ones are members of this faction, but it's just a theory. For now, we can only say that Nyarlathotep, Cthulhu, and Arnie (which I assume is Yog-Sothoth) are member of this. And I also think that they are led by Cthulhu, because when you do the SoE EE you have to place the Egg of Apothicon in a statue of Cthulhu, like if Cthulhu was the "dad" of all the Apothicon. I also think we will meet others members in the future DLC (what about the frozen one ? And this weird skull in the poster of DE, and in the jumpscare of origins ? And X ?).

The Apothicons and the Keepers fight over millions of years. The oldest battle is represented in the wall of the PaP room in SoE. I assume that Apothicons want to destroy all the dimensions/world etc... And Keepers want to protect the worlds/dimensions, but it's just speculation, and I think there will be a twist in the scenario.

So yes, Great Old Ones are completely linked with the story, and I think we will continue to see them in the story and the maps. Maybe that Richtofen will unleashed Nyarlathotep from the Summoning Key, without doing it on purpose.

Awards

Tac    462
On 1/14/2016 at 2:56 PM, The Meh said:

I think that if we're going to discuss MoTD and Announcer at all, we have to heavily consider Lucifer as holding that role. If that means he's the Ancient Evil, then so be it haha. 

On 1/15/2016 at 9:29 AM, Difintel said:

But there are the good forces, which are the Black Sun, and are ruled by the Vril-Ya.

The only thing is that is doesn't make much sense to refer to the Black Sun as good actors in the story, as if "they" have some motivation.  I put they in quotations because the core issue is that the Black Sun is an energy, not some sort of person or sentient being.  The Vril-ya, on the other hand, are.

On 1/18/2016 at 0:28 PM, Difintel said:

Third, SoE and MotD doesn't get the same universe, and the same timeline, not at all. SoE is a world "normal", and MotD is the Purgatory...

SoE isn't normal though. The Shadowman shifted them into an alternate dimension, apart from the normal one. On a conceptual basis, this is no different than purgatory, so I'm confused as to what you mean.

Difintel    6
20 hours ago, Tac said:

I think that if we're going to discuss MoTD and Announcer at all, we have to heavily consider Lucifer as holding that role. If that means he's the Ancient Evil, then so be it haha. 

The only thing is that is doesn't make much sense to refer to the Black Sun as good actors in the story, as if "they" have some motivation.  I put they in quotations because the core issue is that the Black Sun is an energy, not some sort of person or sentient being.  The Vril-ya, on the other hand, are.

SoE isn't normal though. The Shadowman shifted them into an alternate dimension, apart from the normal one. On a conceptual basis, this is no different than purgatory, so I'm confused as to what you mean.

I don't think that Lucifer is the Announcer of MotD. There is so many references to Devil of ALL the religions in the map... Why it couldn't be Mictanlechtuli (don't know how to spell his name) for exemple ? I think that the Great Evil (or Ancient Evil can't remember the exact name) is a "mixed" of all these "Devil" of all the religions.

I called them the "Black Sun", but it's not really mentionned in the game... It's just because they ALL have a Black Sun logo on them.

No, SoE is the normal dimension. You can see in the "journalist" radios, that all the transformation of their world is progressive (first, the pods begins to spawn, then they are the meatball who come from the sky...)

Awards