Sign in to follow this  
The Meh

The "Quantum Mirror" Theory

The Meh    76

First things first. This is a bit of a crackpot theory that I've made that has accumulated from character quotes and interactions within The Giant. I have no means of proving or disproving said theory, yet playing the map has made me consider... many possible angles. This being one of them. Anyways, enjoy the post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to start this theory by proposing an idea to you.

Imagine you could travel to another alternate universe outside the boundaries of your own, to any era of time. You could leave the boundaries of your universe's physics and ideals to travel, perhaps, to a time 70,000 years ago in an alternate universe, based from whatever opening from your universe you have created. But over time, you would begin to experience... complications. Your body and mind would change and devolve to the standards of which the alternate universe created. In essence, you become yourself in another universe, having no recollection of the events preceding, and living your new life out in that universe until your death.

Scientifically, I can't tell you such a thing is possible - it most likely never will be possible - given that physics of our universe all argue against such happening.

But what I can tell you is that this may be what our four characters may have experienced, at a slowed pace.

If you were to listen to the quotes of each character in a Solo game of The Giant between Rounds 1-3 (which I will provide in a spoiler at the end of this post), you can see that their thoughts are becoming clouded and jaded. Most people might argue that these are all 115-induced, and I can see that viewpoint just the same (even Richtofen is susceptible to said idea). But what I'm considering is that they are beginning to slowly revert to the O4 Universe's selves, their influence within this universe changing not only the timeline of it, but themselves as well.

Now, I can understand how I may be wrong with saying this. As I've already stated, this theory is a crackpot one.

But, in my eyes, I'm perhaps adding fuel to the fire.

That's all I've got today. Speculate what I've said if you want. The beginning Solo quotes for The Giant are down below.
Else than that, this has been The Meh. Per aspera ad astra.

Spoiler

Tank Dempsey:
Round 1: "Field Report: Dimensional insertion point was off. We were too late - Richtofen interrupted established continuity. What happens next is... uncertain. Allied Operatives MIA. I have no choice but to continue the mission alone..."
Round 2: "Infestation confirmed. Positive identification of 115 on site... as expected, my memory's slipping. Unable to determine current jump count to this location. Two at least... maybe more." 
Round 3: "Having failed to secure the intel... the test's subject's location... is currently unknown... DAMMIT, Richtofen... why do you ALWAYS have to screw everything up?!"

Nikolai Belinski:
Round 1: "Where is he?! That foul, stinking, rotten German! He was here, now he's gone? He will pay for what he has done... mark my words..."
Round 2: "Curse this confusion! I must remember my mission, why I am here... the enemy war machine must be destroyed..."
Round 3: "I must find way to survive this nightmare... perhaps these machines will help fend off the wretched hordes..."

Takeo Masaki (he is perhaps the most normalized member of the group, in this circumstance... past the dream bit):
Round 1: "A most unfortunate turn of events. The death of the German is... regrettable. I fear the path ahead may be more treacherous than before..."
Round 2: "For so long, I have feared the Emperor's displeasure. I know not where he is, but I remain loyal. This, I must never forget."
Round 3: "My dreams are... haunted by spirits. I fear they are not those of my ancestors..."

Edward Richtofen:
Round 1: "MAXIS! ...no, wait... compose yourself, Edward... mission accomplished. Temporal disruption achieved. The future is changed."
Round 2: "I must work quickly... there is so much to do... build a vessel for Maxis, the radios, the opening of the Gateway... nein! I'm getting confused! Curse these 115-induced illusions!"
Round 3: "Mein Gott... what have I done? Stop it, Edward... please... ...it's okay... it's okay... this is important... this is what you have to do. Even if another part of you dies, each and every time... gah, how am I meant to work when all around me, I am beset by the voices of the damned, and the doomed?"

anonymous    325
11 hours ago, The Meh said:

But over time, you would begin to experience... complications. Your body and mind would change and devolve to the standards of which the alternate universe created.

That could be a explanation for the quote changes after round 18 in The Giant.

Before it, the characters are serious and sane, like in Origins.

But after it, the characters are making jokes, Nikolai is drunk again, Richthofen is crazy, and more things like that, like in black ops 1.

Awards

The Meh    76
On 1/13/2016 at 8:53 AM, anonymous said:

That could be a explanation for the quote changes after round 18 in The Giant.

Before it, the characters are serious and sane, like in Origins.

But after it, the characters are making jokes, Nikolai is drunk again, Richthofen is crazy, and more things like that, like in black ops 1.

Yeah, and this is the kind of thing I was trying to get at with the theory. They're changing entirely with each minute they are still within this universe/timeline, more or less.

Edited by The Meh

"Why does this comstock become impatent while another comstock stays fertile? Perhaps exposure to the contraption.... It merits further study..." -Rosalind Lutece. 

Tattoo247    118

Awesome theory, here are my two questions you should consider.

1. Are we sure we're in the old universe? Or atleast one where the heroes of this place act the same as the W@W crew? There are giant robots in this versions facility, and the G935 logo is different.

2. I have yet to hear Nikolia talk about vodka,drinking, or being drunk. What gives you an impression they are changing? They all do have old quotes woven into the new but I just think it's because they're very similar to each others versions of themselves, but of course more serious and have an objective. 

anonymous    325

In the Eisendrache trailer, you can hear the O4 are funny and rude again, like they were originally in waw and bo1.

That could mean 2 things: It are the Old O4, or it are the Origins O4 and your theory is right.

Awards

Actually we KNOW this isn't the same universe as the original storyline, as griffin station hasn't been built, but richtofen's still attempting to kill maxis and samantha. 

10 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Actually we KNOW this isn't the same universe as the original storyline, as griffin station hasn't been built, but richtofen's still attempting to kill maxis and samantha. 

Actually Griffin Station does exist, it just lacks the biodome in that loading screen. Not sure how many times I have to keep pointing this out to people, when the astronauts are walking away you can see other parts of Griffin Station. Also Samantha is now in Shangri La instead of Maxis, meaning he is probably in control.

Oh and I don't really agree with this theory. I think that the exposure to other worlds and realities has lead to these versions of the characters having other versions of themselves bleed into their mind. This is because in reality, there was one main universe which all of these other worlds came from (which is confirmed from the note in SoE), so it makes sense that these characters being over exposed to dimensional travel is causing them to 1.) Have other versions of themselves bleed into each other and 2.) Reverting to the original versions of themselves from the original timeline, which Maxis, Samantha, the house and Eddy are in. Although Eddy is Richtofen anyways, so it would be the first one for him while both for the others.

anonymous    325
17 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Actually Griffin Station does exist, it just lacks the biodome in that loading screen. Not sure how many times I have to keep pointing this out to people, when the astronauts are walking away you can see other parts of Griffin Station. Also Samantha is now in Shangri La instead of Maxis, meaning he is probably in control.

Oh and I don't really agree with this theory. I think that the exposure to other worlds and realities has lead to these versions of the characters having other versions of themselves bleed into their mind. This is because in reality, there was one main universe which all of these other worlds came from (which is confirmed from the note in SoE), so it makes sense that these characters being over exposed to dimensional travel is causing them to 1.) Have other versions of themselves bleed into each other and 2.) Reverting to the original versions of themselves from the original timeline, which Maxis, Samantha, the house and Eddy are in. Although Eddy is Richtofen anyways, so it would be the first one for him while both for the others.

Is Samantha in Shangri La?

Where did you hear that?

Awards

Basically this explains it. I wish it was more common knowledge to people.

anonymous    325
1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Basically this explains it. I wish it was more common knowledge to people.

I read that post once, and it's a good story.

But I thought it was a theory, didn't know it was really so

Awards

Just now, anonymous said:

I read that post once, and it's a good story.

But I thought it was a theory, didn't know it was really so

It's not a story, its like figuring out a big part of the story that relates to this one too. Nothing disproves it either.

Doppelgänger    150

Has anyone figured out the importance of the clock stopping and the weather changing in the trailer for The Giant? If so disregard this please. 

Maybe the presence of the Origins crew in the dimension where The Giant takes place causes reality to split, allowing time to freeze and for the characters to fuse with their test subject counterparts. The timeline could fit, as when the clock freezes Richtofen has pushed Samantha and Maxis through the teleporter and at the same time the Origins crew could have teleported in to the other teleporters and arrived to the animal testing area of the facility to attempt to halt the older Richtofen. With every passing moment the personalities of the test subjects seem to be bleeding into the Origins crew, causing them to forget their mission and resort to their older means of mindlessly slaughtering the undead. Like I said, I'm pretty sure that we are in a new universe or a tangent from the original one. Thoughts?

• Like 1