Sign in to follow this  
Tattoo247

Bridging Campaign and Zombies mode

Tattoo247    118

Hey everyone, I wasn't entirely sure which topic to post this in, but chose this one as the campaign section gets little to no views. I wanted to compile all the links from campaign to zombies and need your help.

I may be one of the few that believe this, but I have reason to believe that the campaign plays directly into our zombies story line. There isn't much to go off of right now but I want to add a few things that might get more people thinking about it. I'm at work right now so when I get home I'll edit some screen shots and links.

Nothing is too small to add, and I appreciate the help!

-The mission that starts you in the subways, where the candles and missing persons pictures are posted on the walls, you can find two mystery box teddy bears. One might think that it is a cheap way of adding some mood to the map, but the fact that one is hidden pretty good behind a barricade makes me think otherwise. This could be as simple as a hint to a map.

-Near the end of the Demon Within mission, we get to take place in a battle from WW2, we fall in a house that @MrRoflWaffles and his fans found to be the location of Nikolia's story trailer, as the trees fade into a memory of "home" we find the living room of this said house, no sign of Nikolia, but there are Soviet enemies, and within the whole mission, there is a Soviet hat to be obtained as a collectable, as well as some other ominous items.

-Also in the Demon Within, we find a tank that transforms into the enemy you have to shoot the missile deterrent before doing damage to. When I played this last night I noticed something interesting that I haven't seen or heard anyone mention yet. The tank "bumper" has the wolf's logo from The Giant, and even more interested, has multiple Group 935 logos! I took a screen shot of it on my playstation but forgot to upload it to post so I will do that tonight when I get home. Other wise you can see for yourself.

I believe this "dream" we are playing through is not really a dream but instead we are back in the universe the Giant takes place in. My reasoning for this is obvious, but might be overlooked as being politically correct. G935's logo has been changed, no longer do they sport the SS bolts for the fists forearm. And I don't remember seeing the Wolf insignia anywhere in BO before the Giant (maybe Origins?) so I'm adding that to the list as well.

It might be a nice way of killing two birds with one stone, to add that perhaps in this reality, the 3rd Reich never rose to power, there was no Nazi Germany, therefor there were no Nazi's, therefor G935's logo was altered to fit this worlds timeline. There is still war, perhaps world wars, but the events that played out are different. That is pure speculation but it seems a good way to "fix" having to remove Swastikas, while making sense of it at the same time.

Again, sorry for the poor layout, I'm sneaking in some time on a work computer to post this haha

• Like 4

DaveLo07    172

It seems one of the main narratives we are being fed in this cod is that all these events are occurring in the same universe. I have only played through about half of Nightmares, but have played the bulk of Dead Ops Arcade 2 and there are a lot more crossovers. It could be lazy map design, but I believe they have done this for a reason. 
In Dead Ops Arcade 2, the enemies from Shadows of Evil are all present at various points (meatballs/elementals, parasites and margwas) but many of the level settings are taken from campaign/Nightmares and even multiplayer maps. I believe this is again reinforcing the idea that all of these stories are linked and occur in the same universe.

Multiplayer map Combine
http://imgur.com/BNqsFyG

http://imgur.com/c3kCuCM

Campaign/Nightmares mission Hypocentre
http://imgur.com/uT72nG6

http://imgur.com/ex4cZc7

Multiplayer map Evac 
http://imgur.com/cGlm6Pj

http://imgur.com/VKTM5y9

Multiplayer map Metro
http://imgur.com/2RrLq2s

Multiplayer map Stronghold

http://imgur.com/kekBc0q

http://imgur.com/NXcJkDf

Campaign mission, cannot remember which one

http://imgur.com/8zVw4bV

http://imgur.com/CPp0jUm

Frozen Forest?

http://imgur.com/Ir0gkjr

Cthulu statue from Shadows of Evil and Lion Statue from Die Rise

http://imgur.com/YCO4jDM

Edited by DaveLo07
  • Like 4

Lenne    412

I haven't played nightmares yet, so I only took a small peak at what you wrote, but I am pretty sure the mistery box is also in there, right?

I don't know if it works exactly like the real mistery box, or if it just works like the ammo crate from the campaign, but isn't that some pretty good evidence that everything in this game is connected?

Spoiler

Man I haven't played Nightmares, I am not done with the campaign, my best solo round is still only round 30 and I haven't played with anyone from CoDz yet. Weekends should be 3 days long. haha

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lenne said:

I haven't played nightmares yet, so I only took a small peak at what you wrote, but I am pretty sure the mistery box is also in there, right?

I don't know if it works exactly like the real mistery box, or if it just works like the ammo crate from the campaign, but isn't that some pretty good evidence that everything in this game is connected?

Hide contents

Man I haven't played Nightmares, I am not done with the campaign, my best solo round is still only round 30 and I haven't played with anyone from CoDz yet. Weekends should be 3 days long. haha

I haven't played it but it is the Mystery Box. There are a lot of things from zombies in Nightmares. To me, it is just a reskin of the campaign with rearranged missions to fit the story. I have looked into it and don't think it is anything else. I think they just wanted to try it and see if they could make it. I don't think it has any importance to the overall story of the campaign or zombies, its like its own separate thing that does not have to be considered to be anything to do with either. Sometimes games can just have things in them for fun, like Dead Ops Arcade 2.

Rissole25    378

I've only done the first mission, it's (Nightmares) literally the campaign but with the audio basically redone. It kind of works because it's being told like BO1 where you are reliving the events of those levels, but at the same time, it is very jarring when you reach an area where you have a small chat with Hendricks in the campaign, here it's just silence and the occasional voice over.

The Mystery Box is in the game, from what I've seen you can just spin it unlimited times for no loss of anything. I believe it's because you only can hold 1 gun for some weird reason.

I would say the Campaign (atleast for BO1) is connected (Steiner, Ascension Group, etc) and from there you could say BO2 and BO3 Campaigns are connected just for following on from it, but Nightmares doesn't seem relevant.

DaveLo07    172

@Nightmare Voyager, @Rissole25 I would disagree, and say that Nightmares could be one of the most important pieces to the zombies and campaign story line we have seen in a long while. At the moment, this is all down to interpretation, I had the same thought about the audio being dubbed over and it being a last minute addition but if you follow the narrative, there is an explanation as to why the story is being told like this. 

43 minutes ago, DaveLo07 said:

@Nightmare Voyager, @Rissole25 I would disagree, and say that Nightmares could be one of the most important pieces to the zombies and campaign story line we have seen in a long while. At the moment, this is all down to interpretation, I had the same thought about the audio being dubbed over and it being a last minute addition but if you follow the narrative, there is an explanation as to why the story is being told like this. 

It was a hastily thrown together, last minute reskin. How is it even important whatsoever?

DaveLo07    172

It could possibly be a way of explaining away the zombies storyline in a way that they don't have to tie up loose ends, with the zombies only existing in the Nightmares world and they are manifestations of demons the characters faced when alive hence the forest at the zombies menu. Zombies could exist outside of the Nightmares world, and have been dragged in to that world by a character dying who had interaction with the zombies, meaning Nightmares would be more relevant to campaign. There is no definitive answer as to what is going on and there is a long way to go in the bo3 storyline. You are entitled to an opinion, but to dismiss it having any story relevance when you haven't played it seems a bit extreme.

• Like 1

I have watched a whole walkthrough of it, so its not that extreme. Its story does not seem to relate to regular zombies to me and is more likely to be its own world, even though it probably exists in the multiverse of worlds. I am not willing to depend on something that was literally put together last minute because of outcry from the fans who wanted a zombies campaign. If you find any actual deep story links that relate to the story we have now, then it is important. But otherwise, I am just going to consider it a last minute addition to please fans that is just a fun change from regular campaign and lets people play campaign and zombies as one mode. I don't even get why it has to have some ultra deep meaning. Why can't it just be something for fun?

Lenne    412
20 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

It was a hastily thrown together, last minute reskin. How is it even important whatsoever?

Hastily thrown together and a last minute addition?

Hmmm... sounds awfully lot like something almost all of us enjoy to this day.

Nacht der Untoten/Verrückt both had no story plan whatsoever. Until the fanbase began to create something.

The same can happen with Nightmares.

Maybe it will be something important.

• Like 2

Just now, Lenne said:

Hastily thrown together and a last minute addition?

Hmmm... sounds awfully lot like something almost all of us enjoy to this day.

Nacht der Untoten/Verrückt both had no story plan whatsoever. Until the fanbase began to create something.

The same can happen with Nightmares.

Maybe it will be something important.

Its not the same logic though. Zombies was put in for the sole reason of fun and then the digging of the community for a deeper story and their influence lead to more. Nightmares is a mode made because of people wanting a zombies campaign. It is not like it is an original mode is it? It is literally a hastily put together reskin of the campaign using assets from zombies.

DaveLo07    172

@Nightmare Voyager Of course it is possible that it is a bonus mode and will have no major storyline impact, that was my first reaction to it and I am not that keen on it a game mode, it feels rushed. But I believe they are trying to convey a certain message and link all these stories. Just realised that Corvus from campaign Nightmares/ is the Shadow enemy from dead Ops. Could be lazy design, but is more likely that all these parallels are there for a reason. I believe they are laying foundations for where they want to take the story and all game modes are linked. Have you seen the amount of zombies easter eggs in the multiplayer map Infection?(cannot remember campaign name)

2 minutes ago, DaveLo07 said:

@Nightmare Voyager Of course it is possible that it is a bonus mode and will have no major storyline impact, that was my first reaction to it and I am not that keen on it a game mode, it feels rushed. But I believe they are trying to convey a certain message and link all these stories. Just realised that Corvus from campaign Nightmares/ is the Shadow enemy from dead Ops. Could be lazy design, but is more likely that all these parallels are there for a reason. I believe they are laying foundations for where they want to take the story and all game modes are linked. Have you seen the amount of zombies easter eggs in the multiplayer map Infection?(cannot remember campaign name)

Shadow Boogies! Dead Ops itself is a thing for fun, although I pay more attention to that because a lot of what was in it became maps in BO3 or things linked to it (A Tank, China Rooftops, prison with red eyed zombies). I honestly do not want zombies and campaign to be linked. Well, they always have been undeniably linked but I mean I do not want them to heavily rely on each other and it does not even seem like they are. Thats what I am trying to convey. Nightmares obviously could have reference to the main story in it, as does campaign and MP. But there is something that seems forgotten in all of this. Literally two words that explain the multiplayer links to say the least.

Easter eggs

Every game, show, movie or whatever seems to be becoming subject to being a part of some big theory that relates everything together. What people intend as easter eggs are being used as proof of some over arcing big story. Just look at the pixar theory. What I am trying to say is, things can be referenced in other modes, that's fine. They don't even need reason to be there. One of my favourite videogames called Astro Boy: Omega Factory on the Gameboy Advance, it has a level where you are at a pyramid and can get through a wall and literally find an easter egg there spitting out health or something. Same with in Pokemon, there is a character who is literally David Tennants portrayal of Doctor Who. None of those mean anything. They are just easter eggs. I am not saying Nightmares is not related to this whole story. But take a step back and consider what an easter egg is and what it is originally intended to be before deciding it is cause for a giant theory linking everything.