Is this a difficult strategy?

EpicSkittlez

Does anyone like to do the strategy of training the zombies around the fallen table in the bar? I say it might be dangerous because It is easy to get stuck on something in that small space. When I get all of the zombies that spawn in a train I take them outside to shoot them. I am not good at this map though, so that could be a factor. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EpicSkittlez said:

Does anyone like to do the strategy of training the zombies around the fallen table in the bar? I say it might be dangerous because It is easy to get stuck on something in that small space. When I get all of the zombies that spawn in a train I take them outside to shoot them. I am not good at this map though, so that could be a factor. 

To answer your question, yes, this is a hard strategy. One of the problems with this green run and its different parts was the lack of diversity in training spots. The best thing to do in town is to start standing upstairs in either of the buildings, jump down when zombies overrun you, train in front of stamin up (while keeping the speed cola door closed) killing the whole hoard, running back upstairs, and starting the process again.

The close proximity of the map, limited area, limited door configurations, and the lava all make this map harder, its most likely not all on you :D

But don't take my word for it on this strategy, I haven't played tranZit in a long time, and this could be something to keep you interested and keep the game from getting monotonous. 

33 minutes ago, shirtlesservice said:

To answer your question, yes, this is a hard strategy. One of the problems with this green run and its different parts was the lack of diversity in training spots. The best thing to do in town is to start standing upstairs in either of the buildings, jump down when zombies overrun you, train in front of stamin up (while keeping the speed cola door closed) killing the whole hoard, running back upstairs, and starting the process again.

The close proximity of the map, limited area, limited door configurations, and the lava all make this map harder, its most likely not all on you :D

But don't take my word for it on this strategy, I haven't played tranZit in a long time, and this could be something to keep you interested and keep the game from getting monotonous. 

Thanks! I will try  the strategy that you mentioned also. This map is surprisingly a little less frustrating for me than BO3 shadows of evil even with the lava lol. 

14 hours ago, EpicSkittlez said:

Thanks! I will try  the strategy that you mentioned also. This map is surprisingly a little less frustrating for me than BO3 shadows of evil even with the lava lol. 

Personally I prefer shadows. With all the variation and the ability to train in like 10 different areas (insert personal plug here: check out my thread on the fastest strategies, it's pinned) I find it much more fun and much less monotonous than tranZit, and most of black ops 2 in general.

• 1 year later...

It's possible to become very good at training. Veterans of WaW and Blops 1 tend to be the undisputed masters of training. But Town is literally the worst map to train on, period. It's far too small, and the spawn points are too clustered into these small areas. On higher waves (30+), you'll find that training around that table in the bar will lead to you being surrounded and run out of the area, simply due to the sheer volume of undead coming for you from multiple directions.

Town is literally engineered for the Drop Down, or Figure 8 strategy. They give you 2 2nd story buildings with a safe zone drop out point that leaves you enclosed with only 90 degree angle of approach with which the zombies have to work with. Upon dropping out of these spots, you have 2 possible routes leading to the other building: Over the lava, or around the corner by the bank. The Lava damages you, but is more open for evasion. The corner has the charred husk of a car which provides a small obstacle, aiding your movements to a mild degree.

When going from the Jugg building to the Bar (where they placed 1 of the 2 box locations) when taking the lava route, you can detour around to the side door of the bar if needed, and the pool table on the 1st floor provides another obstacle covering your approach to the stairs.

You'll also notice on each 2nd story, there is another obstacle (box, book shelf) that splits up the zombies (perfect for a few players to mow them down with headshot bursts from automatic weapons. ;) ).

All other areas of this map are tight, dead-end spots, and unless absolutely necessary, you will want to avoid them if long-term survival is your actual goal. The more open you are, the more likely you are to be tagged by a zombie. This is simple logic.

I park in the 2nd story of the bar, back to the drop-off and I never taste floor once in waves 40+. The only time I go down, is trying to revive the nimrods who didn't buy Tombstone.

Town is COD Zombies for Dummies. The starter map for newcomers, because its design is so painfully obvious and easy to master.

Archived