Does anyone have a theory as to why in the pre game screen the characters are in a forrest? I remember the snapchats about a forrest. I don't know if that just pertains to the campaign- it might. 

anonymous    323

Yeah, I think its weird too.

Treyarch released a teaser lately, in which you can see Nikolai in the forest too.

Thats strange, because he is in another universe then the SoE characters.

I also think its strange that in the main menu of bo3 zombies, the zombies just walk next to the sitting character, without attacking him.

Awards

I think it's an interpretation of the frozen forest. Only, it's the dark forest. You're not meant to be at rest here. You're meant to be aware, fearful, and honed to dealing with danger. It's the inner mind-set to the characters we play as in zombies, and it's much more corrupt and dark then that of corvus's utopia. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I think it's an interpretation of the frozen forest. Only, it's the dark forest. You're not meant to be at rest here. You're meant to be aware, fearful, and honed to dealing with danger. It's the inner mind-set to the characters we play as in zombies, and it's much more corrupt and dark then that of corvus's utopia. 

I actually think that when we see the characters in the "Dark Forest", that they are dead and its after they had died. They are able to reflect on their lives while being in such a strange place. They don't care about the undead because they cannot interact with each other. The zombies are dead too, but being zombies means they are trapped to walk around in the forest in that state. I just got massive Deja vu from saying that.

1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

I actually think that when we see the characters in the "Dark Forest", that they are dead and its after they had died. They are able to reflect on their lives while being in such a strange place. They don't care about the undead because they cannot interact with each other. The zombies are dead too, but being zombies means they are trapped to walk around in the forest in that state. I just got massive Deja vu from saying that.

I never thought about it like that. It could make sense. I hope they will clear up this detail in another dlc. Knowing 3arc they might not. 

I think nikolai in the trailer is in the same dimension as the children are in the house, idk why the zombies don't attack him but i know for sure he will die soon in the storyline. 

Although the reasons for the forest are unknown, I think it's worth mentioning that sometimes the character will "glitch." Not a game glitch, mind you, but rather a little animation when you boot up Zombies after a game. It's intentional, as it's a separate animation, so there could be something more to it. 

Also, this isn't the first time we've seen a forest like this in Zombies. ;)

Tattoo247    118
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:32 PM, Nightmare Voyager said:

Damn....that's a really good theory! Wouldn't explain why they are alone though...as the game ends when everyone dies.

anonymous    323
On ‎5‎-‎1‎-‎2016 at 6:14 AM, Flammenwerfer said:

Although the reasons for the forest are unknown, I think it's worth mentioning that sometimes the character will "glitch." Not a game glitch, mind you, but rather a little animation when you boot up Zombies after a game. It's intentional, as it's a separate animation, so there could be something more to it. 

Also, this isn't the first time we've seen a forest like this in Zombies. ;)

What other forrest do you mean?

Awards

13 hours ago, Tattoo247 said:

Damn....that's a really good theory! Wouldn't explain why they are alone though...as the game ends when everyone dies.

Well I don't mean when they die at the end of a game, I mean when they, you know, die die. I have always wanted the old characters deaths to also be tied in with this idea of memory extraction. Each version of them has seen so much and if someone could harness their memories in somewhere easy to access, like that forest and have them actually reflect on their past to learn information, then that would be a nice concept in the story.