Der Eisendrache dragon

Der Eisendrache....dragon  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Castun50 said:

U know, I never thought it would be the name of the castle. that is a good idea

Granted the castle likely isn't made of iron, so there's that, but something I could see happening.  But, like you said in OP, likely a mechanization of some sort.

1 minute ago, Tac said:

Granted the castle likely isn't made of iron, so there's that, but something I could see happening.  But, like you said in OP, likely a mechanization of some sort.

very true. the iron part makes me think of a mech. and i hope to god its not a point at the giants cause there is a rumor saying there is a giant in the map

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Castun50 said:

very true. the iron part makes me think of a mech. and i hope to god its not a point at the giants cause there is a rumor saying there is a giant in the map

It appears that there may be, here's a video about it.  Not sure how I feel about it, or what role I think it will play, but it does seem to be a thing.

6 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

To me, the Iron Dragon is the castle it's self. With all it's rocket-fire-power and 115 fueled technology. The castle it's self is a weapon, and a stronghold. The question now is: Will the castle be friend or foe?

How can a castle be a friend or foe? It is German occupied so it won't be a place where bunny's have picnics. Also, we had Der Riese which was a location but now there is a Giant and now Der Eisendrache. So it is the place, but that does not mean their won't be an iron dragon.

4 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I think the whole castle will either be designed like Der Reise to protect it's self from zombies, or it's going to be designed to protect it's self from intruders....

well put! so itd be friendly. i like that friend or foe castle. itd be nice if it was a castle to kill zombies rather then a boobytrapped mess

Their 3 previous maps (not counting The Giant) have all had generic names that just more or less fit with the theme of their respective map. The naming of this map seems to be more of a return to the traditional naming of zombie maps (W@W maps plus Kino) which were all location based for the most part. This leads me to believe the name is the actual name of the castle.

6 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I think the whole castle will either be designed like Der Reise to protect it's self from zombies, or it's going to be designed to protect it's self from intruders....

Those walls in Der Riese were not to protect it from zombies or intruders. They were to keep the Giant Project in, which I now believe was the creation of a single Giant in the WaW universe.

21 hours ago, Tac said:

I personally don't see it being an actual dragon, but either some sort of mechanization or the name of the castle itself.

Iron Dragon makes me think of Die Rises Easter Egg. Maybe there is something hidden inside the castle, that is connected with EE and gives the map its name

35 minutes ago, steviewonder87 said:

I have a feeling the Panzer Soldat is going to return in this map, along with some other familiar features from Origins...

Well we know Wunderfizz is already and a dead Giant. I think revamped Dig Spots could come back. In the files, before Awakening was teased, for DLC 1 castle, people found a string of codes for a suit with a flamethrower and 115 gun. Could it be a new Panzer?

20 minutes ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Well we know Wunderfizz is already and a dead Giant. I think revamped Dig Spots could come back. In the files, before Awakening was teased, for DLC 1 castle, people found a string of codes for a suit with a flamethrower and 115 gun. Could it be a new Panzer?

Juggernaut suit with Purifier would be 10/10, haha

Just now, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I was referring to the electric traps, which are basically designed to defend against zombies. 

Ohhhhhh. Well they were first established as electroshock therapy in Verruckt, so I always linked it to that.

1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

The 'code' you are referring to was an fx called 'mech_flamethrower' or something similar I believe, which is one of the reasons why I think the Panzer is returning; as the Panzer's dev name is 'mech'. I'd love to see a next gen Panzer tbh, maybe throw in a few new moves and/or different weaponry (at one point in my map he had a minigun on his arm instead of a flamethrower for example) it would certainly suit the theme anyway.

I once had this idea of a map where variants of the Panzer Soldat existed. One with a flamethrower, one with a minigun and one with some sort of melee weapon. Also the grabbing claw could be replace with say a rocket launcher type thing or a spiked ball on a chain.

On 1/3/2016 at 4:02 PM, Nightmare Voyager said:

I once had this idea of a map where variants of the Panzer Soldat existed. One with a flamethrower, one with a minigun and one with some sort of melee weapon. Also the grabbing claw could be replace with say a rocket launcher type thing or a spiked ball on a chain.

This is the only way I would like to see the Panzer return. I enjoy most boss zombies but there comes a point when they just get boring and repetitive and just more of a nuisance. Add different variations of the boss zombie on a map that require different tactics to take them down would be a fun and welcome new challenge to zombies. Shangri La kind of toyed with that idea a little and I liked it for what it tried with that, but I believe the Panzer Soldat is uniquely suited for this particular idea.

On 1/5/2016 at 11:01 AM, Kill_All_Monkeys said:

This is the only way I would like to see the Panzer return. I enjoy most boss zombies but there comes a point when they just get boring and repetitive and just more of a nuisance. Add different variations of the boss zombie on a map that require different tactics to take them down would be a fun and welcome new challenge to zombies. Shangri La kind of toyed with that idea a little and I liked it for what it tried with that, but I believe the Panzer Soldat is uniquely suited for this particular idea.

* Cough Cough MARGWA.