Old Richthofen becomes zombie

anonymous

• Moderators

The old Richthofen is killed by the younger Richthofen from the Origins Universe.

He has to be infected with element 115, after experimenting on the subjects and teleporters.

But when a 115-infected person dies, he turns into a zombie, and this doesnt seem to happen to the old Richthofen.

Does anyone know why?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got shot in the head so he instantly died without zombification. The reason that artwork exists is because it was concept art for the loading screen that they never used COUGH Maxis is the one on MotD, not Nero COUGH!

16 minutes ago, madgaz182 said:

Explain the second trailer of the giant where we see the older Richthofen fallen into a pit ??

He's falling upside down. He is the evil Richtofen too, but he isn't dead because he has no gunshot wound in his head. This is because it did not want to convey his death, it wanted to show the descent into darkness that the older Richtofen had and that all Richtofens have gone through before. The characters do not trust the new Richtofen, quite rightfully, so they think he could or has taken this path too. But he has not, because he truly is a hero.

4 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

He's falling upside down. He is the evil Richtofen too, but he isn't dead because he has no gunshot wound in his head. This is because it did not want to convey his death, it wanted to show the descent into darkness that the older Richtofen had and that all Richtofens have gone through before. The characters do not trust the new Richtofen, quite rightfully, so they think he could or has taken this path too. But he has not, because he truly is a hero.

I agree with you on most points, except for the hero part. Maybe we will have to wait and see. Also, an unrelated question - Does Richthofen build the beacon in the Giant for Maxis to see it in order to destroy it? I was watching a video on YouTube about where Maxis tells the SoE crew that he plans to destroy their universe and unfortunately that crew will go with it , and they hinted at an idea where instead of trying to fix the now crazy and broken timeline, just destroying every universe where damage has been done 

Richtofen's definitely good now, he and Maxis are now the heroes of the story as opposed to the villains. The Beacon is made up from completing the Flytrap. Once Maxis finds the O4, he takes them away and destroys the site (The Giant). Maxis tells the SoE group that he is sorry about their world being doomed, but he is working hard to stop the evil that is plaguing reality which will hopefully rest all of these events. They need to undo every other universe until only one remains, the Prime one, which Maxis and the children should be in.

I always assumed we were seeing Richtofen from BO1/2 zombiefied from the ending of Buried.

Just catching a random glimpse of him in the dimension we played the greater part of BO2 in. He lost, and was doomed to roam as a zombie, albeit other peoples bodies in Buried, but I think it's fair to say he could have a Richtofen body. *shrug

52 minutes ago, Tattoo247 said:

I always assumed we were seeing Richtofen from BO1/2 zombiefied from the ending of Buried.

Just catching a random glimpse of him in the dimension we played the greater part of BO2 in. He lost, and was doomed to roam as a zombie, albeit other peoples bodies in Buried, but I think it's fair to say he could have a Richtofen body. *shrug

He wouldn't have a Richtofen body, for one it would be in a spacesuit and two it is not in Der Riese. This story has a large disconnect to the last one, it wouldn't be that.