What are the Aether and Agartha?

anonymous

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

So basically, there are a few uses for Aether.  First, whoever is the controller of Aether has control over zombies inside a particular reality, as Samantha did.  It's also the dimension in which the characters go to when they teleport from one place to another; it's the in-between.  That's the basics, and for anything else I'd use the search function to find full threads about it.  As for Agartha, here's a summary from my zombies story:

There were two inhabitable planets revolving around a star, Aldebaran, and the population of the Aldebaran system was divided into the master race, known as the Aryans, and subservient lower races.  However, as their sun expanded and the planets became uninhabitable, they left.  They visited many places in the Universe, with their first stop at planet named Marduk, in what is now the asteroid belt, followed by Mars, and shortly after that, they came to Earth and settled in Sumeria. They split into two factions, some migrating towards the Gobi Desert and the other heading north, landing in the mythical Hyperborea, which some say is modern day Siberia.  Eventually, they created the subterranean world known as Agartha, with the capital city of Shambhala, in the Earth’s Core, Hollow Earth.  As the center of intellectual progress and enlightenment, and is powered by the Black Sun, or Schwarze Sonne, a black star located within the Earth itself said to contain and radiate immense power, called Vril Energy.  It’s been said that there many entrances to Agartha, including Antarctica, the Pyramids of Gaza, and the city of Shangri-La in the Himalayas. Over time, evidence began to show that this Vril was the very lifeblood of the Aryans; the source of powerful psychic and technological advancements among their race.  When employing this energy source via Vril rods, they could achieve great telekinetic abilities and through great acts of medicine, could live up to the age of one thousand years.  However, if used the wrong way, those rods could be used for great destruction.

As for the Rift, I'm not entirely sure.  I wasn't around enough in Black Ops 2 to remember all the references, so I won't lead you astray by posting something I'm not sure is accurate.

Personally I think of the aether and argartha as being the two positives and negatives across all culture's beliefs. 

For example, and this is seen most clearly using Mob of the Dead as an example. If we're on the topic of basic christianity the aether is Heaven, and Argartha is Hell. Hell is a physical location typically filled with suffering and odd occurrences that don't make much sense. 

I should mention at this point that this is my understanding of it, and that if you want the LITERAL meaning of the two, the aether is the state in which etherial beings control the supernatural forces of the world, and argartha is a promise land of great power hidden within the earth. 

Moving on, in Origins, we see the two children in the AETHER, and travel through the entrance to argartha (the crazy-place). 

The MPD (moon pyramid device) is a sort of control mechanism built by the Vrill to channel the will of the user across the ethereal plane. 

The RIFT is the cosmic distance between different universes. Think rick and morty: Infinite timelines, infinite possibilities. Including a world where the children are safe. However, maxis and richtofen's newly found goal seems to have an adverse effect of leaving countless universes in ruin as a result of their medaling. Now, in the same style as the ending to bioshock infinite, richtofen has changed the future of a lot of worlds by killing himself. 

To best understand this phenomenon, I may direct you to the fallowing movies, games, and shows: 

-Rick and Morty

-Bioshock Infinite, as well as Burial at Sea DLC. 

-Soma 

-Back to the Future

-Fringe

-Warehouse 13

-Fullmetal alchemist (brotherhood or regular) 

-Pneuma: Breath of Life

All of these are wonderful to watch/play, and will increase your understanding on the powers that be at work here. 

56 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Personally I think of the aether and argartha as being the two positives and negatives across all culture's beliefs. 

For example, and this is seen most clearly using Mob of the Dead as an example. If we're on the topic of basic christianity the aether is Heaven, and Argartha is Hell. Hell is a physical location typically filled with suffering and odd occurrences that don't make much sense. 

I should mention at this point that this is my understanding of it, and that if you want the LITERAL meaning of the two, the aether is the state in which etherial beings control the supernatural forces of the world, and argartha is a promise land of great power hidden within the earth. 

Moving on, in Origins, we see the two children in the AETHER, and travel through the entrance to argartha (the crazy-place). 

The MPD (moon pyramid device) is a sort of control mechanism built by the Vrill to channel the will of the user across the ethereal plane. 

The RIFT is the cosmic distance between different universes. Think rick and morty: Infinite timelines, infinite possibilities. Including a world where the children are safe. However, maxis and richtofen's newly found goal seems to have an adverse effect of leaving countless universes in ruin as a result of their medaling. Now, in the same style as the ending to bioshock infinite, richtofen has changed the future of a lot of worlds by killing himself. 

To best understand this phenomenon, I may direct you to the fallowing movies, games, and shows: 

-Rick and Morty

-Bioshock Infinite, as well as Burial at Sea DLC. 

-Soma 

-Back to the Future

-Fringe

-Warehouse 13

-Fullmetal alchemist (brotherhood or regular) 

-Pneuma: Breath of Life

All of these are wonderful to watch/play, and will increase your understanding on the powers that be at work here. 

Uuuuuh, Soma is actually very good on this subject. I found the game to be full of interesting psychological questions, like are you you, if your mind is transfered to robot body, or are you living, if you are inside the ARK. Is ARK heaven and Earth new hell? I want answers now :sweat_smile:

• Moderators

thank you all for responding,

Im quite new to the zombie story, when I played Shangri La at a friend, I saw the loading screen of it (you know, with those strange flying pyramids) and I heard the song while loading and I thought: Wow, whats this?

After that, I interested in the story, found this site, read many theory's, and.....well, it was amazing.

But in the story and many theories, I saw the words Aether, Agartha and The Rift.

Ive only heard those terms in some quotes of Samantha in Origins, and Richthofen in Tranzit (in which he says its dusty in the Aether :P)

Well, thank you again, I understand everything better now.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I actually disagree, as I believe Aether is Hell and (maybe) Agartha is Heaven.  Throughout the years, the character quotes have associated Hell with Aether and in GKNOVA6, it was said that Hell was Purple, which sounds like Aether to me (think teleporting through Aether is purple).

• Administrators

Aether doesn't seem to be in "our universe," I'd argue, whereas Agartha is a little harder to know, so I'll speak only of Aether.  Don't think of Aether as just another version of our reality, because it isn't.  It seems to transcend space and time in some fashion, where it's detached from reality but accompanies it.  I'm unsure of how to describe it because we know so little about it.

• Administrators

There is nothing supporting the idea that the Aether is a habitable plane, much less Hell. The Aether has a history of being used in conjunction with matter transference technology, communication, and the greatest source of energy. 

"Return through Aether." -Der Riese, refers to the use of the MTDs 

"Excuse me, just getting used to the Aether." -Richtofen, inside the MPD, not 'in the Aether'

"Now I control the Aether's energy!" -Maxis, after banishing Richtofen from the MPD

And hey, welcome to the forum. Generally has a good reputation for quality-and if you have questions, @Tac, @MixMasterNut and @Nightmare Voyager are among some of the most active members who are especially well educated in the storyline and what we call 'canon' facts. Stick around, you may find yourself learning more than you expected!

• Moderators

Yeah, ive learned many things already, but im sure i still know almost nothing compared with you guys.

I am especially interested in the story, in theories, and new discovered EE's like the WaW and goldtrain Tac resently found.

I'm less interested in things like how to get on high rounds, how to do an already found EE, and that kind of stuff.

I have two questions about this forum:

How do I respond on a post, I mean how do you post a comment with a quote someone else said earlier in it, if you know what I mean.

Also, how do you like a post?

Thanks

Aether- Another dimension where the faculties of reality can be controlled to a degree, mainly through 115 as it is the fabric of time. Although this is not ultimate power, it does give some. Thats what the demonic announcers are in when they are in the MPD. It is a pyramid that is a gateway for the soul to enter the Aether, as it is not a physical place.

Agartha- A dimension that we can actually pinpoint an area to, by that I mean it is located underneath the earths surface in another plain of reality. I don't how physical that place is, we still don't know. That is where ultimate power lies. One can control all of reality from there, but in the end it wil never amount to anything because they will still be trapped in the confines of Earth they came from.

Thats how I understand it anyways.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Yeah, ive learned many things already, but im sure i still know almost nothing compared with you guys.

I am especially interested in the story, in theories, and new discovered EE's like the WaW and goldtrain Tac resently found.

I'm less interested in things like how to get on high rounds, how to do an already found EE, and that kind of stuff.

I have two questions about this forum:

How do I respond on a post, I mean how do you post a comment with a quote someone else said earlier in it, if you know what I mean.

Also, how do you like a post?

Thanks

Hey, we all start somewhere, but don't let anyone fool you, there ain't no one who knows it all. The ones who know it best will be the first to tell you that. 

Now don't be mislead by the EE competitions. The EEs themselves began as, and still are exclusive, major parts of the story. I would encourage you to get familiar with all the radios from all maps-a pretty good starting point, and then study EEs. Understanding the steps and achievements is essential to understanding the story.

Sure thing! You'll see on the bottom left side of any post (above the signature, below the body of the post) there is a "quote" button. Click it and it will instantly place that quote at the head of your next reply in that thread. 

You might also take note of @ memtions. You can mention anyone on the forum the same as you would on Twitter, using @, such as @anonymous

The like button for posts is on the bottom, right-hand corner, opposite of quote. Use it sparingly for occasions in which a member has contributed something to a post that you feel is particularly helpful or well educated. We are limited to 10 likes a day. Use them wisely. Back in the day, they were a rare honor called 'Brains". 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Aether- Another dimension where the faculties of reality can be controlled to a degree, mainly through 115 as it is the fabric of time. Although this is not ultimate power, it does give some. Thats what the demonic announcers are in when they are in the MPD. It is a pyramid that is a gateway for the soul to enter the Aether, as it is not a physical place.

Agartha- A dimension that we can actually pinpoint an area to, by that I mean it is located underneath the earths surface in another plain of reality. I don't how physical that place is, we still don't know. That is where ultimate power lies. One can control all of reality from there, but in the end it wil never amount to anything because they will still be trapped in the confines of Earth they came from.

I'm thinkin you nailed it, my friend. At least, I hope that's all correct. Well put. 

15 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I'm thinkin you nailed it, my friend. At least, I hope that's all correct. Well put. 

Thanks. I mean, in reality its impossible to put it into words. Its meant to be incomprehensible to people too, but I am hoping I am as close as a human can get to explaining it.

• Moderators

Thanks for explaining it, I will use the like button very less, only when I really like a post and when there is put many time in.
I am someone from the bo2 era, so I have played bo2 zombies alot.
But I bought bo1 and WaW recently, so now I can play the older zombie maps too.
I haven't bought any DLC's for them yet (so I only got Kino, Five and Nacht) but i am planning to buy Rezurrection soon.
So yeah, once I've got it, i am definatelly gonna do the radio EE's in these maps. (I tried to do the Tranzit and Origins EE a few times, but I kinda failed, so it is good to start with something smaller).

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Nightmare Voyager said:

Thanks for answering.

What do you think about Shangri La, its a gateway to Agartha, so that could be a reason why it is in our universe.

But, if you search Shangri La on the internet, you will find that it is a city IN Agartha, however, Treyarch could give Shangri La another definition.

I think Agartha is in another dimension. However, Shangri La could be both the gateway to Agartha and the capital. The flying pyramid in that tornado gave me this idea that Shangri La can move through dimensions and stuff.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
On ‎2‎-‎1‎-‎2016 at 11:50 PM, Tac said:

So basically, there are a few uses for Aether.  First, whoever is the controller of Aether has control over zombies inside a particular reality, as Samantha did.  It's also the dimension in which the characters go to when they teleport from one place to another; it's the in-between.  That's the basics, and for anything else I'd use the search function to find full threads about it.  As for Agartha, here's a summary from my zombies story:

As for the Rift, I'm not entirely sure.  I wasn't around enough in Black Ops 2 to remember all the references, so I won't lead you astray by posting something I'm not sure is accurate.

Could you give the link to the whole story?

Archived