T-Virus Thread

2 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

The easy way to get this out to take the "cursed" and look with it at the cursed/beast sign at the doors

...maybe TRy at the weekend 

I don't have the internet, therefore I have to play offline and don't have access to any of these sights (that I'm aware of). This may have changed, I never knew they existed until the Language was revealed.

@DaveLo07

Have a read at this, as this may be similar to what we were just discussing.

_______

Hahaha, OMG, this F*****G map is really starting to drive me crazy (Shadows Obviously)....

______

So just a little while ago I was playing a "Fun Game". Basically running around not really giving 2 F***s wether I lived or died. I had the (Upgraded) "Apothicon Servant", haha sure did, that's what happens when you don't have internet and have to do an update every other day.

Anyways, being that I was using the "Arbgwaoth" and had "Upgraded Arnies" I wasn't really staying in any particular spot. I would often times find myself getting trapped & spamming the "Arbgwaoth". In one of these instances I was pretty much (for the lack of a better word) "Dry Humping" a "Purple Pod". 

While all of this was taking place I decided to give it a nice long look, (as if something was actually about to go down, or someone). I realized the "Lips" on the "Pods" or the Ridges that "Pop" out. Looked very similar to the Tail or coiled end on the "Apothicon Servant".

_____

Now in the past I've stated, I thought the Tail resembled the "Apothicon Egg". While I still feel this holds merit, I also feel as if the "Pods" relate somehow as well. Almost in a sense that the "Apothicon Egg" & "Pods" represent each other. We've seen on the inside of the " Apothicon Egg" a small creature growing, which I believe to be the "Apothicon Servant". 

So I'm not sure how many of you have ever noticed this, or even paid much attention to it for that matter. There are these certain "Golden Pods" everyone of them has a Creature inside of it, in this case a "Parasite". The question is why, every time you open this particular "Golden Pod" a "Parasite" emerges from it.

_____

Now not to get to far off track, to the point where I've lost everyone (if I hadn't already). I've went over this map, probably 1000 times at least. This is no exaggeration, not even in the slightest. While Shadows is definitely not my favorite map, I'm willing to bet statistically, it'd say otherwise.

In this time, I've accumulated quite a few "Crazy" Theorys or Ideas, pertaining to everything this map offers. One such Theory I came up with is (begins flipping through 30+ pages of notes).

_______

"Morphology of Diptera"

• "A case in which, "Parasites" do NOT kill their Host, are generally much smaller than their Host, and will oftentimes live ON or IN their Host for an extended period of time."

______

Now this would be a lot easier to explain if I could post an image of what I'm talking about, however my Attachment Cache Quota is full, therefore I can no longer post any images.

You've got 2 Groups. Plants & Animals.

While in Plants; 

• Green = Alive

• Brown = Dead 

In Animals however;

• Red = Alive

• Purple = Dead

Now oddly enough those are the same colors we actually see the "Pods" physically go through. Would that make the "Pod" start out as a Plant to then become an Animal. Could it simply be when it turns "Purple" we can acquire the "Margwa Tentacle" which happens to be an Animal.

There's also a feeding strategy these "Omnivores" go through. As well as 

Gatherers: lighter shade of each color.

Miners: Darker shade of each color.

_____

Pretty interesting stuff to say the least, I feel as if it's something very miniscule were missing here. I definitely think there is some kind of Easter Egg for the "Pods" regardless if "Plague Pods" exist or not.

Edited by Ragdo11706
  • Like 1

So in the past I've mentioned how I believe that we've got to get rid of the "Apothicon Servant" in order for it to be taken out of the Mystery Box, and the IDGUN Quest could actually begin.

_____

Well while playing last night, I had another one of those games, I had replaced the "Apothicon Servant" earlier in the game, spent well over 100k points, and not once did I ever see it in the Box. 

So normally when you go to the Craft Table where you originally built it at, if you've put it back in the Mystery Box, a little "Hint" icon pops up saying, "Weapon now available in Mystery Box". If you go to the Table where you haven't built anything at all, it reads the same as when you don't have any parts at all, "Additional Parts Required".

_______

These are some images from the game I played last night.

Here you can see the final build table still says, "Additional Parts Required"

IMAG1683_1.thumb.jpg.a691972b6fbf3e9e1b5

This is an image of the Waterfront Districts Table. The same one I originally built the "Apothicon Servant" on. Now normally right here would read, "Weapon will be available in the Mystery Box Later" or "Weapon now available in the Mystery Box". Here you can see it doesn't say anything, does this mean I've actually gotten to the next step, and now we need to figure out how to trigger the spawn of the "Plague Pods" or a "Cocoon".

IMAG1681_1.thumb.jpg.d03b85b8fcf38980770

This is just me showing I have all the parts necessary and that I've already built it.

IMAG1682_1.thumb.jpg.3b819476804636e0583

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

Maybe get the trophies -

Maybe it has something to do with  the 10 Zombies in the shops...

Dont know why someone should do this...

There's also the trophy for; 

• Killing 5 parasites in 1 train ride

• Spotting the Shadow Man 5x

• Killing 10 Zombies while ensnared by a Widows Wine grenade

But I agree, being the achievement for killing 10 Zombies in single Burst from the Rocket Shield lead to something, maybe the other ones do to.

Well, i got the Round 40 glitch, but on 53, so it seems that the game was just messing with me.

Here i am standing behind a few of the zombies that actually made it onto the map. I also had the 'disappearing perks' glitch again. Oh that Gwanash, he's one messed up bitch. (The zombie looks stuttered, because he is running in place).

IMG_20160131_241509473.thumb.jpg.1c37504

IMG_20160131_245039462.thumb.jpg.8befe33

And here's a better shot of them running in place just outside of windows.

Edited by 83457
Better pic.
9 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

There's also the trophy for; 

• Killing 5 parasites in 1 train ride

• Spotting the Shadow Man 5x

• Killing 10 Zombies while ensnared by a Widows Wine grenade

But I agree, being the achievement for killing 10 Zombies in single Burst from the Rocket Shield lead to something, maybe the other ones do to.

Widows wine trophy lead to the better version 

Rocket shield the same

Margwa Party - Maybe a hint for the margwa head or the sword...

Kill 5 parasite - Maybe for the sword 

Spot the Shadow Man - maybe a hint to pack a punch? .....or shoot him every time you see him?...

and pack a punch round 1...

Another question because i'm to lazy...

Can you get a perk if another get a bubble gum?  Which gum is this?

Edit: maybe interesting 

That is the Story of soe

The four horsemen and the seven seals...the book of Revelation...

Only the sealed ones survives (sealed = beast/ cursed signs on the Hand of the Player like the sealed 144000 as servants of god..)

Only the apothicon ones survives 

So = apothicon = sealed

Make sense...t-virus

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_seals

Edited by Nieno69
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Nieno69 said:

Can you get a perk if another player gets a gobblegum?  Which gum is this?

On The House gives each player a new perk and perk slot, so be sure to have 4 perks, so that you get a fifth.

On the Cthulu/Christian mythology stuff: you have the 'mark of the Beast' on your hand, literally. The symbol is the Beast symbol in game.

Save us tentacled Jesus! Har.

Move over Dianetics, Trollargh just invented a new religion.

++++++++

Ragdoll, i checked last night: after giving the AS to a Pod (since all of my zombies were running in place), i checked the workbench that i built AS on and it also said nothing.

I had Nar-Ullagua before i gave it up.

Edited by 83457
New, not few. Typo. +Ragdoll
51 minutes ago, 83457 said:

On The House gives each player a new perk and perk slot, so be sure to have 4 perks, so that you get a fifth.

On the Cthulu/Christian mythology stuff: you have the 'mark of the Beast' on your hand, literally. The symbol is the Beast symbol in game.

Save us tentacled Jesus! Har.

Move over Dianetics, Trollargh just invented a new religion.

++++++++

Ragdoll, i checked last night: after giving the AS to a Pod (since all of my zombies were running in place), i checked the workbench that i built AS on and it also said nothing.

I had Nar-Ullagua before i gave it up.

See don't that seem odd to you, I'm not sure how it is on last gen but I know for a fact on current gen, If your holding the "Apothicon Servant" the icon pops up and reads; "Will be available from the Mystery Box Later".

So normally when you replace it and check the Table it'll read; "Now available in the Mystery Box". Is it like this at all on last gen?!?!

• Like 1

It used to say it would be available in the mystery box.

Last night it didn't.

I don't know when it changed, or if i (we) have done something strange.

I can say that it never has appeared in the box 'scripts', meaning you never see it cycling in the box, ever, on 360.

--------------

Also weird: they changed the red circles so that they don't turn off if you fire a regular gun in them, nor if you fire a pap gun in a circle that is not your character's, then leave the circle.

But, the red circles can and do go off still if a margwa spawns or it is a 'dog' round. Yet, you can do the Ovum step with the circle off.

There is something more to that red circle since they changed this and it still doesn't make sense within the accepted parameters of what we know it to be for: the Ovum step. So what else is it for?

Either it's been changed to help point the way forward, or they are just terrible at patches.

The latter is known to be true... 

Shrug.

Edited by 83457
Step, not steel

Well see on current gen once you hit the Box, big ass "Ol' Fisty" is hard to miss when the weapons are cycling. Whenever, whatever, happens that (we) may or may not be doing. When the Box cycles through the weapons I see air (nothing) instead of "Ol' Fisty", and in the cases where I should technically be getting it back from the Box, It'll just appear as (air) then quickly it changes to the Teddy. This resulting in the Box moving.

_____

Man this map, will drive you NUCKING FUTS. Seriously though, the other night while playing when I acquired the "Arch-Ovum" I checked the Halos and none of them were glowing (keeper symbols coming up out of them). 

_____

Have you ever thought about why it is, the Keeper appears with the  Arch-Ovum, then once we "Accept" it, they don't disappear. Only once we've actually began the process of breaking it open, they finally leave.

Like why is that, almost makes it seem as if we actually need to do something once we "Accept" the Arch-Ovum but before we place it for the first time, as this is the closest thing to a "Cocoon". Then if we were to actually find the "Cocoon" & hang it, I guarantee you on the final halo, resulting in the Arch-Ovum breaking completely, would be the point where the Upgrade_Complete takes place.

______

I mean look at it, they're almost identical in the way they look (obviously not the size) but the shape, color, & texture.... 

IMAG1506_1.jpg.c6295d0765cf9b2496269bf26

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nieno69 said:

Anyone waited for a margwa to do the Rituals?

What happens to the margwa at the end of the ritual?

If he die - can u get the heart?

Both Ragdoll and i have waited to do rituals. 'e actually dragged them (margwa) around through all the rituals.

The margwa remains unchanged after the ritual. If you don't have the updates, this will stop the post-pap margwa spawn, but with updates, everything is the same as you would expect.

As long as you don't take a heart, each margwa will drop one until you do.

I've taken various ones, including the post-pap margwa. No difference that i could detect.

But it could be something tricky, like take the tenth heart... Or at a specific  locale.

----------

On AS/box:The few times that i traded the AS away, i gave it to a pod.

Maybe that's glitching my game.

I'll try to give it to the box  instead and see what the workbench says, and see if the AS is seen in the box/box scripts.

Edited by 83457
Secret code

Here's a true T-virus thought: the phone booth in junction, during the conversation, the loan guy says "it's right here in black and white".

Look around there, or play that message while the noire filter is active?

-----------

The phone calls are weird, because they are clearly talking in person, showing signed papers and such. But they're on the phone...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Current t-virus thoughts that still linger:

Trap sounds start. Why?

Using both trip mine upgrade varieties at once on _____?

Recreate glowing pods? Visual glitch?

Red circles have changed, but still don't make sense for just the ovum step, given how they light and unlight. You can even do the ovum step while they are off. The red circle shows the circle twice in itself, it seems like there is another use for them.

Worm placement keeps changing without a set pattern. I want to try manually setting one at a time in the supposed correct holders: altar right cop, pap right dancer, pap left illusionist, altar left boxer, but i always forget to try.

All upgrades, TM, Shield, LA, then ____?

Good luck to any still searching.

So this happened: was on a 4 Player online Match 

Got Rituals - pap -apothicon egg - sword 

Then Arch ovum and did 2 Rituals 

I died and bleeded out- the First time during the Arch ovum Step

So the next round i got Jug and go to the sword holder to Pick up the sword

-i Pick up the apothicon egg (!!!!) 

I was to fast and clicked again and picked up the apothicon sword...

So the inventory Shows the blue apothicon egg and i walked to the Statues ut no one takes it

So i did the other  Arch ovum Steps

The apothicon egg was still there in the inventory (blue ) 

Later i got the keeper sword

So nothing changed... maybe a glitch?

It must be a glitch? because you can not do it in solo right?...

Further i Killed all margwa during the Arch ovum Step with the sword

Im not sure but it feels like i had more time with the keepers sword later....

The game lost connection because the host left the game

• Like 1

Treyarch sent an update log for their new updates that only PS4 users have at the moment. If you havent seen it yet, you should. Here's what was listed for SoE.

Shadows of Evil

• Fine-tuned weapon balance.
  • Addressed various exploits where Players were able to get out of the map.
  • Fixed an issue around an Easter Egg quest that prevented a Player from accomplishing the quest.
  • Fixed rare issue where Players were unable to start an Easter Egg if they obtained a specific gun.
  • Increased visibility of "Lil'Arnie" bottle.
  • Addressed visual issue near Beast Mode altar in Canal District.
  • Fixed bug where Players were able to pick up the sword while in beast mode.
  • Addressed an exploit related to the Level 2 Sword charge meter not depleting correctly.
  • Fixed issue where Players were able to purchase/pick up items while transforming back from Beast Mode to Human.
  • Addressed bug where the Pop Shocks GobbleGum stayed active when a Player went into Beast Mode.
  • Addressed issue where Players are unable to wall run after a host migration in the Pack-A-Punch Room.
  • Fixed issue where Players could exploit Margwas from spawning in for the rest of the game.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Latest-Updates-for-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III-on-PlayStation-4

Edited by Drewxke
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, Drewxke said:

Treyarch sent an update log for their new updates that only PS4 users have at the moment. If you havent seen it yet, you should. Here's what was listed for SoE.

Shadows of Evil

• Fine-tuned weapon balance.
  • Addressed various exploits where Players were able to get out of the map.
  • Fixed an issue around an Easter Egg quest that prevented a Player from accomplishing the quest.
  • Fixed rare issue where Players were unable to start an Easter Egg if they obtained a specific gun.
  • Increased visibility of "Lil'Arnie" bottle.
  • Addressed visual issue near Beast Mode altar in Canal District.
  • Fixed bug where Players were able to pick up the sword while in beast mode.
  • Addressed an exploit related to the Level 2 Sword charge meter not depleting correctly.
  • Fixed issue where Players were able to purchase/pick up items while transforming back from Beast Mode to Human.
  • Addressed bug where the Pop Shocks GobbleGum stayed active when a Player went into Beast Mode.
  • Addressed issue where Players are unable to wall run after a host migration in the Pack-A-Punch Room.
  • Fixed issue where Players could exploit Margwas from spawning in for the rest of the game.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Latest-Updates-for-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III-on-PlayStation-4

Ok that will explain the sword time

What about the bleedIng out and get the apothicon egg again?? Anyone can confirm?

• Like 1

Hard to say. The game has so many glitches...

They also patched ps3, and the highlighted part above wasn't there.

So, either 1: The AS was broken on next gen and is now fixed and last gen players can't find the way to upgrade for some reason.

Or 2: this simply means that they fixed the issue where the giant worm wouldn't show up sometimes on next gen.

I think that it's option 2.

Also, most of this was already hot patched, but now is in an actual full permanent patch. So the patch notes are mostly old news. Though I'm fairly sure they just fixed the 'no margwa' glitch with this patch.

2 hours ago, 83457 said:

Hard to say. The game has so many glitches...

They also patched ps3, and the highlighted part above wasn't there.

So, either 1: The AS was broken on next gen and is now fixed and last gen players can't find the way to upgrade for some reason.

Or 2: this simply means that they fixed the issue where the giant worm wouldn't show up sometimes on next gen.

I think that it's option 2.

Also, most of this was already hot patched, but now is in an actual full permanent patch. So the patch notes are mostly old news. Though I'm fairly sure they just fixed the 'no margwa' glitch with this patch.

I think they would of considered both EE patches as "rare" if it was your option#2. I kinda think they may have allowed us to PAP the WW now but everyone that hasa PS4 playing COD is on DE right now. I saw a tweet from David V from Treyarch and he stated that XBX1/PC's users should get the rollout in a week or two. So if this actually happens we would have possible 2 weeks at most to figure this out b4 DE is available. 

• Like 1

I saw a Dec thread on another site, where they got these steps down, before claiming that the AS upgrade was confirmed to be impossible.

I don't know what that confirmation was: the real DF's view that the step is locked, or an actual official Trollarch response.

----

They said that you kill 50 zombies by the pap, 50 each by the rift in canal, wf, then footlight, and the pap turns purple. 

I'm gonna see if any of that still flies.

@83457 I believe the only confirmation was the step for the cocoons being locked in the code, there was no official answer/statement. As for the purple pack-a-punch, it also involved something to do with destroying the statues but I think it was proved to be fake.

Th 50 kills by pack-a-punch was also disproved, it is approximately 10 kills and can be anywhere on the map, but you won't get the quote til after a Margwa has spawned. The more I try and trigger the quotes, the more random they appear. Had 2 different quotes back to back just for killing zombies in the rift. Also, there does seem to be a link between killing keepers and getting a specific quote, yet I've had games where that quote won't trigger at all.

• Like 1

Yeah Dave, it was bunk.

I also don't understand the quotes: i only get the build quote like 1 of 10 builds.

I can get a quote for killing in the pap area, or by the red circle in Canal.

90% of the time, it's zornash, na'orruja, zornash.

Also, on 360, the quotes are on the music volume. So if i turn the music quiet, i can barely hear the words, which is why i turned the music down in the first place.

Yesterday, i forced the worms, 1 at a time into the 'correct' holders (judged by the flag step keeper locations). I didn't notice anything different... Except that my character said 4 different quotes as they were set down, which is new to me.

The sword counter leads nowhere either. If the upgrade is in here, i don't know where to even try to look anymore.

I try to fight the negativity, but i just feel like Treyarch failed again.

We know it's in there, we've seen it, played with it, and the leaderboards still show the people who used it. So what gives? It's glitched, we're blind, or Treyarch shit the bed again.

Edited by 83457
  • Like 1

@83457 I also usually get the zornash quote. On ps4 and Xbox one you need a Margwa to spawn before you can get the quote, but on ps3 and 360 you should be able to trigger that quote with 10 kills anywhere on the map without a Margwa. Would be worth testing in different areas of the map by getting 10 kills in different locations, to prove/disprove that location has any bearing on the quotes. 

I've been trying to think outside of the box with it recently, as in ignoring all leaked code and looking for intractable items rather than worrying about the cocoons which may/may not exist.

This is really clutching at straws, but thought I would post it in case anyone can find this item or a something representing it in Shadows. The only place that the upgraded WW still exists is in Dead Ops Arcade. There is a power up which spawns a portal, and it is the red upgraded ammo portal. I need to get a decent image of the front of the power up in 1st person mode, but here are some images from the back, and there is some sort of inscription on the power up.  I have combed Shadows in theatre mode, and couldn't find anything similar.

• Like 1

The top of the...thing has an Egyptian Scarab (beetle) symbol. The smaller symbols don't really look like regular Egyptian hieroglyphics, but it may just be that they are too small to make out, or my lack of knowledge of hieroglyphics (I'm into languages and history of the world, but I'm no expert).

• Like 1