T-Virus Thread

TranZit Virus: searching insanely for what may or may not be.

Some of us here have been brainstorming, usurping our rest periods to obsess over a glitchy mess of a video game, rather than living our lives.

Many things come to mind that we hide in the dark corners of our psyche, hoping they never spill out onto a respectable forum.

Well, this is the place for them. Post the little things that can't be something, as maybe they are. (Cue insane music score).

-----

Waterfront: by the cthulu statue. Why is there a wood-floored building with a huge bonfire in the middle of a gallery?  It's not an accidental fire, nor a meteor strike, but a bonfire inside. There are sconces up each side and the 3 recurring artworks are all in this room. Smoke rises by the $1250 Upstairs Door, but not the other, which would make more sense since it is always open on the side with no smoke. Smoke also rises from some random sewers in game. Now, this is on 360, where trivial graphics are nonexistent, so why was the smoke so important?

The huge, dilapidated, billboard above workbench.

By the beast fire, by Jade coast trading: threw grenade behind boarded door, after it exploded, there was lots of metal-raining-down noise.

----

Junction: only place with open baskets, and lots of them.

The table next to L-car-9 is unique and looks like it's waiting for something to be on it.

CP switch area is glitchy. Glitchy 360 areas tend to match a map change area. No known change here yet. Code suggests that the cocoon hangs here once taken. I can't confirm that.

Pointless grapple? Where tram leaves map.

---

Nero's: theoretically, code has exploding candles script. The bookcase by the floating book is glitchy, probably due to the book. It had been fixed a little, but still off. May be more to it.

These tables with the open book appear around the map, but always in the map. None with the book are unreachable. Some by rifts. Some in subway and pap, one in the Anvil.

---

Anvil: (boxing gym) the showers in the rear are really glitchy, been fixed a little, but still off. No known use yet. Not close enough to bowtie to be the reason.

-----

Footlight: Beast can get behind the 'escape the tomb' sign, but what for?

Pointless grapple? Where tram leaves map.

Unlit marquee with no words above perk. 360 version not fleshed out?

Killers of the night poster is unique. Strange symbol on the bottom left makes no sense, even through sniper scope. The other huge poster is Gabbi Malone, and is similar to the other GM posters around the map. Shoot them all?

----

Canal: dead guy (not zombie) with letter.

Tram map washed out with brightness.

Smoking sewers, grate.

Repetitive cherry blossom art.

----

Most zombie rooms are black with almost no furnishings, but some are fleshed out, seemingly randomly. Deadlines, cut corners? Or something else. Random same 3 artworks.

----

Why does the upgraded Devil-O Trip Mine look like the Molly's Cream Cakes image?

Why does the MCC upgrade appear as a pink donut?

Why one or the other? Can't mix them or do one after the other.

Why does each one of them have a large sign that the tram rides real close to?

----

Anywhere but HereGobblgum, if used on the tram, puts you back on the tram when it arrives at it's destination.

----

Civil protector: sometimes revives you, sometimes doesn't. Sometimes saves your quick revive, sometimes doesn't.

----

Keepers: 2 show up with each ritual part, 4 in Subway, not the pap room itself, but subway.

Are they there just to show that the keepers want to stop us?

Then, why no points?

1. To show they are the good guys?

2. Because they serve a different purpose, so making them give no points leads us to figure out their purpose, so we won't just kill them? 4 spare ones in case we killed some off (cough, 97% chance of at least one nuke on round 3, cough)?

----

Pods: stay open for several seconds before closing. I want to give them the AS... One of these days, I'll try it. Edit: i did it, it didn't seem to matter. Box wouldn't give it back.

Why do they snore/sound like they're sleeping?

---

Fire AS at Margwa: sometimes he stands in it, usually he ignores it. What's up with that? Is that just an extremely unreliable way to get past him in a pinch? Or should we do something to him as he stands there? Edit: no matter how many heads on 360.

More, sadly, to come...

Edited by 83457
  • Like 5

LMFAO...I'm dead!

I think the exploding candles in Neros Ritual are, and I don't know if give ever paid attention or not. Once you've completed his Ritual the Candles around his Altar go out. I will say his Altar on the right side (furthest from floating book), is very glitchy. Almost as if it could be destroyed.

____

The Margwa once he only has 1 head left gets stunned by the A.S. Actually he stops to say a quick prayer, but we'll save that for the Altar.

____

What's up with the 3 Gateworm Textures I found in the Junction Area, 1 at the Docks in Waterfront, and 10 at least in the Canals all near Cocoon Locations. Two directly underneath the "RubyRabbit" sign. 

____

Random smoking Manhole Covers. (Xbone)

____

The really glitchy area at the Entrance to Footlight where the Gateworm Texture is. Looks like a Bell nope looks like a Devil-O-Doughnut I mean Angel Cream Cake.

____

Speaking of Footlight, why the Hell when I activate the Rift a random ass lightbulb decides to cut on. 

____

How come sometimes the Margwa Mask is in the Subway & not one of the 4 Ritual Sites.

____

How come once I acquire the Margwa Mask, I can no longer pick up Jessica's Music parts or Sals Laundry Ticket.

____

Purple Keepers & Meatballs. Lions, & Tigers, & Bears ohh my.

____

We've got an Egg, a Larvae, a fetus, cocoons, & an Adult. Surely this is some kind of Meiosis Right, No...Damn.

____

We also have an Ovum, now where can I find the Sperm to Artificially Inciminate this biatch.

____

Why is it in Noire Mode, I can see color as the Beast but not as myself. This doesn't last indefinitely, because eventually even the "Beast" becomes Colorblind as well. Although whenever I shoot the A.S. and stand inside the Inter-Dimensional Rift I can see color, ALWAYS.

____

Here's a good one, why do the Gateworms have a fkn "Heartbeat" an actual "Heartbeat" like there alive.

____

What am I supposed to do with an Overdue Laundry Ticket. One that just so happens to pay me to pick it up.

____ 

Ok I shot the Hyenas Picture off the wall, what am I supposed to do now?!?!

____

I've counted at least 6 "Teddys" some bigger than others. Where do they belong.

___

The suspect Red/Orange glowing Dot in the center of a bigass rock down by the Docks. Surely this is the Trapezohedron Shard right, no. Damn you TreyArch.

____

The random boat bells down at the Docks when getting kills with grenades.

____

I could honestly keep going & going like the Energizer Bunny, but i will leave it be.

• Like 1

How about Nero's room! That god damn MOTHER FUCKING Book! It's like rummaging through my stuff and throwing it all around. That fucking book of fuckery... Nero's room holds many secrets no? There's already two Easter Egg related things, not including the ritual. Maybe we should look into the individual ritual rooms for more secrets. For example, Nero has music related stuff and a hat for Arnie, Floyd has a bow tie and a picture that changes the filter of the game. What else could be lingering? ALSO THERE'S A TYPE 99 BEHIND THAT HELP DOOR! -dies-

• Like 2

You mean the dot represents a place for a gumball! Quick! Place the white gumball there before the Candy Store comes to life as a remodeled Margwa and uses Samantha to down you and steal your weapons and... Really at this point, the Candy Store just pauses the game, since it is host of course, and ends the game. This has been confirmed by me and two other nameless and lifeless individuals who don't happen to exist. Of course, though, there's also that counter that drains when you decapitate zombies. Maybe you pick up a zombie head and put it in that hole. Or maybe you just fuck that hole and a hentai chick is on the other side waiting... For me... Sorry, what were we discussing?

• Like 1

The dots are near the master pod location... And they don't exist on 360.

You want weird?

Try to find any picture of the Keeper language, that is in the map clearly, anywhere on the web.

You can get 100 versions of the blurry leaked image that is useless.

But you can not find one person who uploaded frames of the script on beast/rifts or the sword niche.

The first person to do so will get 10,000 hits and 2,000 likes, so get on it.

It's easier to stick your elbow in your ear than to find one pic...

Just to be completely Frank Reynolds, I don't believe in the apothican language at all. I mean sure Treyarch gave us a nice mini spread sheet of some words to look into but that's fucked. If I am laying my finger on the right nerve, here, I feel that the reason we don't have a full anything from Treyarch is because this may be the set-up for the season. As in, the apothican language may be seen again. Hopefully not, but those ritual circles in the Trailer for Der Eisendrache tingle my sexual organs in a bondage type of way. And I'm not into bondage.

16 minutes ago, DrVonstool said:

Just to be completely Frank Reynolds, I don't believe in the apothican language at all. I mean sure Treyarch gave us a nice mini spread sheet of some words to look into but that's fucked. If I am laying my finger on the right nerve, here, I feel that the reason we don't have a full anything from Treyarch is because this may be the set-up for the season. As in, the apothican language may be seen again. Hopefully not, but those ritual circles in the Trailer for Der Eisendrache tingle my sexual organs in a bondage type of way. And I'm not into bondage.

I can work out the whole Apothicon language and where words relate to symbols.

Excellent! Do you have an expanded picture sheet with more stuff?

Do you have any Keeper language stuff/images?

Thanks.

Edit: completely understandable if you don't, appreciated if you do. :)

Edited by 83457

Robot (gwanash) inCODsistancy.

Why can you sometimes kill him instantly with the Bowie Knife (regular too?) and other times, this does not work.

Why can you kill him at all? Sacrifice? Or just to keep him from killing the last zombies? 

Between rounds, it seems to be impossible to kill him, at least every attempt has failed so far.

You can call him in and then kill him, but not always.

Is it location specific? Red circles?

Is it just Treyarched? So much Treyarching in this game.

Feeling feverish...

--------+

Maybe>>>> Robot gets more time as the game goes on and stabbing him steals some of this time away. The higher the rounds, the more stabs. 

That might be the key.

Edited by 83457
3 minutes ago, Ragdo11706 said:

You get 10 points for each bullet hit & if I'm not mistaken 0 points for the kill. I can only confirm the 10 points per bullet hit. Not 100% on the 0 points for the kill.

This is correct.

10 per hit, zero for kill.

@mmm chocolate The cocoon locations would more than likely be available in the CoDZ reddit. However, I have taken some liberties...

Locations in code: http://pastebin.com/raw/1maJxwG5

Positions on map: http://i.imgur.com/IvolJyc.png -ex-nay on the map, it's not accurate. However, I'll leave the link for possible use in the near future.

Album containing pictures of exact/various cocoon spawn locations: http://imgur.com/a/3eF1b

Edited by DrVonstool
24 minutes ago, mmm chocolate said:

cool thank you. i will use this next time i have a look.

You've got to find the Cocoon & place it in one of these locations. They aren't just going to appear their.

Somewhere in the Coding states, "Investigate....Hold (action button) to pick up Cocoon". Further down the line it reads, "Hold (action button) to place Cocoon". Finally it says something along the lines of, "Investigate....Hold (action button) to open Cocoon".

14 hours ago, Ragdo11706 said:

You've got to find the Cocoon & place it in one of these locations. They aren't just going to appear their.

Somewhere in the Coding states, "Investigate....Hold (action button) to pick up Cocoon". Further down the line it reads, "Hold (action button) to place Cocoon". Finally it says something along the lines of, "Investigate....Hold (action button) to open Cocoon".

ok thanks, I haven't read much about them yet, does anyone know when they appear in the game first? 

2nd question: do you guys just start a game and do everything possible, and then look for EE steps or cocoons, etc?...i always exhaust every thing else before looking, usually around round 25. that way, if there is a step that needs to be done first, it will most likely be done at that point., everything but killing the shadow man (solo), still haven't done that every game. do you guys kill him each time before looking more?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DrVonstool said:

When I look for the cocoons, I always assume that the Shadow Man doesn't effect the outcome. So until evidence comes along to support the fact that the shadow man may have to be killed, I'll be searching without a dead shadow in a ball.

I like to do the same thing. Honestly I like to build the A.S. before doing anything else. 

Although, anytime I wait to open the Sword Chamber or do any of the Rituals, for some reason the Xenomatter decides to not show up until the late 20s early 30s.

I played earlier today and used the Nar-Ullaqua variant and it gave me the starting quote when I picked it up and a continuance quote the first shot. It's translation is IDGUN-Consume. This must mean that Nar-Ullaqua, one servant variant, only requires being built and being used. How queer!

Do they give more than one upgrade cue per game?

-----

Other t-virus thoughts:

Oil lamp. At each workbench, with scale (with odd symbol/writing on scale).

Then i found an oil lamp by the rift in waterfront and canal, but not footlight (which is dark, despite the other lamps also being off).

These lamps are not lit.

Subway and PaP have 3(?) lit lamps. So they can appear lit in game.

There is, supposedly, a 'kills near Rift' function in the code.

Put lamps, 'kills by Rift', and the Beast command doors, and maybe there is something there.

One idea while attempting translations of the beast door is that it is saying something in 2 closed phrases, possibly starting with [1(] which could be open 1 door (only) then stuff, then an upgraded, reversed symbol that could imply door done. In that string is the 40 symbol (which likely doesn't mean 40), which may very well indicate the Red Circle which has that symbol at it's center. So open one door, something related to red symbol, something, door done, then what looks like a 3 symbol (other 3 doors?), then another string of symbols like the first, but no 40 circle symbol. So, then do x (open, get kills?) with the other 3 doors, not involving the red circle.

We all use beast efficiently, maybe we shouldn't. That may explain why they glitched beast to worj so much worse: they want us to use it multiple times.

So, combining 2 madcap thoughts: open only Footlight, mess with the red circle/kill by Rift until the other lamps light... Leave start beast door closed at first.

Trip Mines: the upgrades match the opposite cart.

Devil-Os look like MCC picture, and MCC upgrades look like Devil-O Donut picture. Also, D-O has numbers in the artwork, 28 and 30 maybe?

Why backwards? Programming error?

I've tried them at each other's carts, to no avail. I've chucked them at the giant corresponding billboards, but... I have not yet thrown them at the opposite billboard, maybe that's why they have each other's looks?

If not a glitch, it must mean something that they look like the other.

---------

Train/Tram:

Has path leading out of map from canal. Why waste time coding that? The tram would have made sense local to the 3 districts without out-of-map route possibility shown.

The tram can be faced in either direction by moving through the 3 districts. This means that you could shuffle it around so that the Bootlegger was on the outside side at any given station, or on the inside side. This would also line up the window holes differently, possibly to shoot easier, or different things. Or, get the correct alignments and you could leave the map for X. And i feel the need to mention the 2 pointless grapples where the Tram leaves/enters the map around footlight. Maybe a way to keep a door open as it travels out of map by Footlight for beast to get out to find X?

I see no hints for this or language of either kind, but it is an interesting thing that which side faces the station can be manipulated, and the gun wallbuy makes this noticeable. Most likely just how it turned out, but there is that route leading out of the map...

Maybe it's a nod to 'the other bus route', they gave us the 'other train route' troll. Ha.

Virus induced theory: use ABH! GG, on way to canal, tram passes canal, you teleport back onto tram as it arrives at the out of map location.

Doubtful...

Edited by 83457